Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > why do women put up with being called B*&^ch hoe and slut?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 cajuncooker
Msg: 1
why do women put up with being called B*&^ch hoe and slut?Page 1 of 1    
ok ladies you need to understand where I am comming from on this before I ask the question. I was always taught to have respect for women. I mean even if it is just a female friend you open the door for her, you hold her jacket while she takes it off and puts it on. you stand up at a resturant when she leaves or comes to the table. You dont cuss in front of a woman. You light her ciggerette, yada yada yada. And through the years I have kept those morals and values central to me. and today a guy who respects a woman is not well accepted any more.
But in being brought up this way I was also taught you never call a woman a derogitory name. It is disrespectful and somewhat abusive.
I mean take the word b i t c h for example: it mean a pregnant female dog in its trueset form. But when referring to women it means a woman who is mean and crabby and odious. a woman that in general hates life and everything about it, they are mean and rude to everyone around them male or female. It is a derogitory term at its core.

Hoe: hoe is just short for whore and whore in and of itself when describing women is one of two things she is a woman who sexually teases men and then dosent follow through and its all a game to her, or she is a prostitute who takes money for sex and will sleep with anyone or anything for money. Men, women, animals.

Slut: a slut is pretty much the same thing as a hoe accept for animals are out and they are just loose and dont do it for money. They will sleep with anyone just to do it for the conquest or attention or feelings of inadiquacey in love or for acceptence.

and then there is the old fashioned c word for the female part between the legs that women also put up with.

I have to ask why are women now days so accepting of these terms for them without saying something? I mean no sarcasim intended but is it because it has just become the acceptable thing and most do not want to live above the norm? or is it because there are hardly men out there that respect women and want to treat them like a lady? or is it because that is how women feel about them as society? or is it because some think this a badge of honor? I mean why are women so accepting of these terms?
And for the guys reading this question keep in mind would you want someone calling your mother sister or daughter and in most cases even your wife or girlfriend these names?
what happened to respect?
 IgorFrankensteen
Msg: 2
view profile
History
why do women put up with being called B*&^ch hoe and slut?
Posted: 4/19/2013 4:58:18 AM
From what I've seen, this would fall into the same category as why anyone puts up with anything. That is, they want what comes along with it, more than they want to get rid of the affront. This is why some women put up with insulting jerks (they are hot for the guy, and only complain that he was an insulting jerk after he dumps them); and why some guys put up with game playing women or outright sluts; and so on.

Despite what some lengths some will go to, delving into pseudo-deep philosophical concepts of forgiveness, and "believing in someone until they believe in themselves" and other such crap, it all just boils down to "he/she wants the woweezowee, so he/she eats the crap."
 Vesta_ceres
Msg: 3
Posted: 4/19/2013 5:04:47 AM
Women are sexually active. Women do become angry. So what?
 cajuncooker
Msg: 4
Posted: 4/19/2013 5:07:44 AM
my question wasent do women become angery or are they sexually active that is neither here nor there. the question is why do they put up with the lack of respect name calling when they should be respected and not be called derogitory names
 gcdeb
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 5:17:42 AM
I wouldn't put up with it nor do I know any women (among my friends/social circle) who would put up with it.

My ex called me names like those (actually worse) one time in an argument and it was at that moment that I knew for sure that I had to leave him, which I did about 4 weeks later.

Name calling is an absolute deal breaker for me.
 Kentish-Man
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 5:18:02 AM
Can't be bothered reading this, can someone just tell me if it's another "I don't get any action cause I'm a nice guy" thread?
 cajuncooker
Msg: 7
Posted: 4/19/2013 5:22:29 AM
no its not one of those because I dont like 'action" as you call it. It is an honest modern day question. I mean in music and on tv and in movies the issue is adressed that women are called these names.
- i mean look at the don imus controversy a few years ago
- look at the disrespect for women amoung rock and roll bands and wrappers in their lyrics
- look at a simple transformers movie "bros before hoes"
why is it women put up with it
 tickle_me_pank
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 5:38:06 AM

I mean in music and on tv and in movies the issue is adressed that women are called these names.

Meh, who cares. It's meaningless.

why is it women put up with it

What should we do, sue the "entertainment" industry? Start a thread about how upset we are??
 cajuncooker
Msg: 9
Posted: 4/19/2013 6:38:01 AM
see even the fact we debate this and some of the responses just so far I have to shake my head. why dont we sue the entertainment industry or women are sexually active. I mean come on dosent it start on a personal level? I guess I am just too old fashioned. I just dont see disrespecting someone even though they may be that way as the right thing to do even in society deems it is ok because to me morals standards integrity and ethics are not situational. there is an expected standard at least to me.
 varyk
Msg: 10
Posted: 4/19/2013 6:38:41 AM
Well, the thing is there is always going to be things that are said or done by the media and even by popular society that we are going to be pleased with or may find offensive. Are there some blatantly offensive material out there, yes! One can not get bent outta shape every time I hear something I don't agree with. There is no sense in doing so....But we don't have to idly except it. We can exercise our rights and choice to not to support by purchasing or listening.
 cajuncooker
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/19/2013 6:44:51 AM
but again I am not talking about the media I am talking everyday individual on the street hit you where you live name calling. or referencing. We are deflecting the topic and I want to know why the everyday woman grocery store clerk, gas station worker, secratary all put up with it.
 Silent Steel
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 6:49:37 AM
I would think that women realize that there are far worse things happening in this world that are way more offensive then a few words. You could also argue that there are women who actually refer to them and their friends as "ho's" in a light hearted manner, thus taking any offensiveness out of the word itself.
 stephenlikesto
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 7:10:46 AM
I don't know where you hang out but it is very different from me. What you are referring to are the dregs of society.

1) No men I know would call women by the sort of words you suggest.
2) No women I know would put up with it if they did.

And I don't hear your "everyday woman grocery store clerk, gas station worker, secretary" getting called this.

Strange thread - asking why men in general do something when in general they don't and why women in general put up with something when in general they don't.
 Pinky127
Msg: 14
Posted: 4/19/2013 7:51:20 AM
I only like being called those things in the bedroom................

Nah,not really......but,Op,im with the others who say we DONT put up with it and happily,i dont associate with men who would even think of speaking in derogatory terms like that in reference to women.
Ive also never had men refer to *me* as you describe,either......
 LiliMarleen
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 7:59:02 AM
Looks as if you need to hang out with a better class of people.

Nobody calls me any of these things, and I live in NYC, at the moment.

Yesterday, a construction worker yelled at me: Stay beautiful, ma'am!

That's the kind of gentleman I attract into MY life.
 varyk
Msg: 16
Posted: 4/19/2013 8:07:46 AM
^^^Seriously, I totally agree. I have traveled the world over and been in many environments, cultures and neighborhoods and I can't say I have been called any derogatory or offensive names on a daily basis, but honestly why waste my time arguing with ignorance, that's just dumb. And besides if I felt the need to respond to such an event, I have no issues confronting anyone who insist on being offensive, but I wouldn't respond in an aggressive manner, because it would be playing into what they want. Seems you are just being over dramatic. I am not buying into that one bit, sorry...
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 8:12:33 AM
Were those Oxford Dictionary approved definitions of the words, OP? You know, so I can commit them to memory for the next time I abuse a woman.....
 tickle_me_pank
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 8:56:08 AM

I am talking everyday individual on the street hit you where you live name calling. or referencing.

Gawd where do YOU live.

We are deflecting the topic and I want to know why the everyday woman grocery store clerk, gas station worker, secratary all put up with it.

Because who cares.
 ouija2013
Msg: 19
Posted: 4/19/2013 9:16:52 AM
He lives where they say HOE instead of HO.
 ManOfAdventure28
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 9:19:58 AM

He lives where they say HOE instead of HO.

So he lives at the local garden centre. That's nice. possibly in one of the tents near a fountain which he uses to wash himself in every day.....
 daynadaze
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 4/19/2013 12:04:35 PM
I don't know, just a trend and the younger a person is the more likely they are to go with the flow and not realize how insulting such a thing is. In fact with language, if a word is used often enough as having another meaning, it may well move on to be seen as proper. Read Bill Bryson's book on the mother tongue, it's quite interesting really how the meanings of words change, evolve. Anyway, no one calls me those names without wishing they hadn't, I have more self-respect than that.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > why do women put up with being called B*&^ch hoe and slut?