Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why do I keep getting these messages?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MCL4
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why do I keep getting these messages?Page 1 of 1    
I will get a email saying such and such wants to meet me and click on the link to view the profile but it leads to nothing.. A user name search leads to nothing as well.. This is the 2nd time I've seen this.. I might of had more but I don't use this site much.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Why do I keep getting these messages?
Posted: 8/1/2013 5:09:02 PM
Learn to ignore the completely absurd "Meet Me" feature on this website.
Whether a single clicks "Yes" or "Maybe" it sends an automated notification to the recipient.
Concentrate on what messages arrive in your POF inbox.
 MCL4
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2013 5:23:02 PM
Thanks I did not know that.. I just wonder why no user came up when I copied and pasted the user name in the user search box.
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2013 5:28:11 PM
They could have a hidden profile or they could have been a fraud account that got nuked.
Meet Me is undoubtedly one of the corniest features of this website. Certainly not POF's golden moment!
There are countless forum threads about how horrendous it is and how it is such a waste of time.
 MCL4
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2013 5:40:20 PM
yeah it reminds me of some sites I remember going to back in the early 2000's
 OTTO BONN
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2013 6:41:36 PM
When a profile is hidden, you have to be signed into http://www.pof.com/ to be able to view it. So sign in before you click the link to their profile. You can also use the Add Friend feature near the bottom of your Favorites page. Enter their name and add them to your list. Then click their name or photo in the listing to view their profile. Hidden users will be visible in your Favorites. If they don't show up when you add them, then their profile is no longer valid.

A Google search for their username might lead you to a cached version of their profile. You can get a last chance to view it if it is no longer active on POF. You can search POF specifically. For example, to search my name you would enter otto bonn site:pof.com for the search keywords.
 MCL4
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/1/2013 8:05:01 PM
I ended up seeing a small thumbnail picture of them on my phone as I got the message on the phone as well but when I check the profile was no longer on the site.
 forum_moderator
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/2/2013 6:23:35 AM

see message 6
the profile is most likely still there, just hidden
follow steps in message 6

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > Why do I keep getting these messages?