Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Whats with the women who have profiles on this site for years on end?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Eric_Summit
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Whats with the women who have profiles on this site for years on end?Page 1 of 1    
Yours is not a gender-specific question. Men and women alike have profiles for extended periods.

Perhaps the person was exclusive with someone for YEARS and had their profile HIDDEN the entire time? It could be coincidental that their return to POF for dating happened around the same time of your return to POF for dating.

Others are enthusiastic participants here in the Forums area of the website.
Interestingly, the people who are ON a dating website and discuss relationships...are likely the very people best-equipped to have a meaningful and rewarding relationship with another. One could almost look at it as being an advantage. I know that I learn something here virtually everyday about how to be a better man.
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Whats with the women who have profiles on this site for years on end?
Posted: 8/30/2013 6:10:46 AM
Why are you expecting other people to handle their profile like you do is my question. Personally I think its silly to delete your profile every time you start seeing someone here. I have been on here YEARS and I have at least 200 POF first meets. Lots of dates. But I dont ever delete my profile. If I am in an exclusive relationship I simply HIDE my profile and change my status to not single/not looking. If we decide later it just isnt going to work Long Term I simply unhide it. Easy Peasy right?

I don't understand how you can have a profile on this site for so long and not meet someone actually worth deleting your profile on here for.
Because many of us understand the sites features and simply HIDE it so you no longer show on searches, or matches, or Meet Me etc... And just because I am dating someone for a bit that doesnt even mean I will hide it. I have to see Long Term Potential and we both agree to be exclusive. That doesnt happen to me that often.In 7 years I think I have hid my profile maybe 6 or 8 times total.

I participate actively in the forums and ya need a profile for that. I was also a mod here for several years and then I could not even HIDE it.

I date but thats not really what I seek. I want a long term relationship and if I dont see potential for that I keep an active profile here.

Are they time wasters, are they looking for a hookup, bat shit crazy, have multiple character flaws or all of the aforementioned.
They are looking for someone to spend a lifetime with not just date a few times and there is no schedule for when if ever that would occur.

Cowboy
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 6:34:05 AM

we need a time frame here...
you joined 8/16/2013, and by 8/30/2013 you are already wondering if you
No thats his LATEST profile! Remember he deletes his every time he starts dating someone. He has posted in these forums off and on for years.

Cowboy
 JerseyGirl2008
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 6:51:32 AM
Are they time wasters, are they looking for a hookup, bat shit crazy, have multiple character flaws or all of the aforementioned.

Yes. :-)

I've had my profile here for years because I like posting in the forums. It's hidden from searches and clearly states that I'm here only for the forums. However, I don't believe I'm batshit crazy or have character flaws. LOL.

I will say that every now and then I have to log into my account to answer messages from long time friends or to view a profile if I'm posting in the Profile Review board. It seems that every time I do this, I end up seeing some of the SAME members online that were here back when I joined 5 or 6 years ago - and they're STILL using the same profile pictures which is quite comical.
 rainbowcolors
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 6:58:32 AM

I go on dates with people, I delete my profile, I come back here and I find at least half of the profiles that were here the last time I was here are still here.
Sorry, there are no new people for you to message.

Remember, for you to know they are all on here you have to be on here also. Some may be asking the same question about you.
 phoenix_55
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/30/2013 6:58:48 AM
You go on dates with people and delete your profile? How many dates are we talking here? Sounds like you have a couple of dates and delete your profile. Of course the same people are going to be here a week or two later.

But in answer to what I think is your question -- the major problem I have is the incessant lying I encounter. That's why I've been here for years. I've never met anyone who's been 100% honest with me. And yes, there are lots of timewasters -- people who write just so you'll write back. The thrill of getting a message I guess.

So, basically, I'm not willing to settle for a liar. I don't have much hope that I'll ever meet anyone on-line who doesn't lie or who isn't always looking for a better deal.
 I_travel_light
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/30/2013 6:59:20 AM
"can he not just look inside himself for the answers?"

I ask this question to myself in one form or another everyday about people. Sadly the answer is mostly no. And it is so much easier to judge other people then look inside and realize we are all in the boat. One caveat, I do agree with him that there are a lot of really smart insightful people on the forums. As to why we are all single, it is likely many faceted and for different reason. OP, you are back on here, so I am puzzled how your deleted and reposting your profile is any different then some just leaving it. I worked hard on my profile and I am not going to delete it just because I go on a couple of dates. Or maybe ever.
 Mark_It_Up
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 7:05:54 AM

I just don't understand how after this long certain people who seem interesting enough from their profiles can't find what they're looking for

Maybe because all the men on here are arseholes who lie about their height, IQ, penis size and marital status?
 rainbowcolors
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 7:17:42 AM

Maybe because all the men on here are arseholes who lie about their height, IQ, penis size and marital status?
I find most I've met lie about their age as well. But as far as penis size goes, when they've got it they flaunt it and nobody has lied so far about that!
 Walts
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 8:00:45 AM

Maybe, I just don't understand how after this long certain people who seem interesting enough from their profiles can't find what they're looking for and get off this site for good.

Give it another 20-30 years and you may just "understand" a little bit better. Unbelievable to some but, some people will spend their whole life without another beside them. Scarey eh???? For some it is, others not so much.

Just because the fairy tale tells us there is "someone for everyone" doesn't mean it's actually true. The reality of life is that sometimes we don't always get what we want. It can be a biatch sometimes.
 forums1
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 8:36:05 AM
A lot of us have stuck around on here for the forums... if we're in a relationship we'll hide our profiles so they don't show up on searches, but we still post on the forums. The last woman I dated on here we used to chat about the various threads we ran into on the forums - we both pointed out things to each other, it brought up discussions we might not have otherwise had about various things, and we got some laughs out of people with expectations that "everyone had to do what they did or there was something wrong with them".
 daynadaze
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 9:11:47 AM
You seem to have trouble excepting that people may be different than you and that doesn't make them wrong. Or are you just trying to think up things to make posts?
 PollyGraf
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 9:12:41 AM

I go on dates with people, I delete my profile, I come back here and I find at least half of the profiles that were here the last time I was here are still here. Are they time wasters, are they looking for a hookup, bat shit crazy, have multiple character flaws or all of the aforementioned. I don't understand how you can have a profile on this site for so long and not meet someone actually worth deleting your profile on here for.

I'll word your question differently for you. Q: What's the difference between somebody who's been on here for a long time and goes to the trouble of deleting their profile when they meet someone, but then has to set up a new one again when it goes wrong, or somebody who keeps the same profile but hides it when they meet someone? A: one of them has time to waste, is bat shit crazy and has a character flaw, and the other one knows what they're doing.
 GenJayne
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/30/2013 9:21:28 AM
What puzzles me the most is why do people place so much importance on deleting a profile when they become exclusive? If a man/woman is going to cheat he/she can find willing partners any where.If you are jealous or you find your mate untrustworthy the problem isn't about a POF profile.
 Irish Eyez
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/30/2013 10:04:56 AM
I'm with cowboy on this one.

I recall the OP, and yes, he deletes his profile often and come back. Been here for YEARS!
 RockabillyPaGirl
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2013 12:14:56 PM
Whats with some men and dumb questions.
Show ALL Forums  > Ask A Girl  > Whats with the women who have profiles on this site for years on end?