Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Can you cheat on a person you are truly in love with?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 NiceGuyFunToBeWith
Msg: 1
Can you cheat on a person you are truly in love with?Page 1 of 40    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40)
That's a question a co-worker asked me the other day. I never really had the answer. I would guess no....if you truly love one person you cannot cheat.

It would be awful hard to do. For me anyway
 evanism
Msg: 2
Can you cheat on a person you are truly in love with?
Posted: 8/14/2005 12:58:41 PM
Your either a cheater or your not a cheater.
 jimi77
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:01:32 PM
I don't think so.. the way i see it .. is I know what i got with this one.. the other looks nice but having been through the meat grinder a few times chances are its not worth it.. if i love someone i want all of them not another..
 Sorka Spellbound
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:02:41 PM
I just don't see how you could be in love with someone and cheat on them.
 Blastkist
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:02:41 PM
I can't cheat on a man. It just ain't right.
 Disco Daddy
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/14/2005 1:10:59 PM
If you cheat, you're not truly in love, it's as simple as that! It's not fair to the other person involved. Just because you say it, it doesn't make it true. Truth is a state of being.
 NiceGuyFunToBeWith
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/24/2005 5:55:38 PM
Great Post Disco Daddy. First sentence hit the nail on the head
 bugsybears
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:00:17 PM
no, i couldn't. if i was truly in love with someone.
 Deadmanwalkin
Msg: 9
 Autumn Dawn
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:02:04 PM
Not a chance, I have more respect for myself. Cheating isn't truly about disrespecting your partner...it's about disrespecting your own lame self. Anyone who cheats is too sorry to stand up and say I'm outta here before they try and have their cake and eat it too. LAME LOSER written all over it.
 jeanc200358
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:21:26 PM
I've been talking to a wonderful gentleman for the last month or so, who lives in a different state from me. We are planning to meet in mid-September, and, if things go as they have been going, we'll hopefully move on from there.

Even though we have made absolutely no commitment to each other, even though we both are well within our rights to see other people, even though we haven't even MET yet, I'm not dating anyone else, speaking with anyone else (other than as chat friends) and certainly not sleeping with anyone else. I think it's wrong, even, to pursue other interests if you're serious about embarking upon a potential relationship with someone else. He tells me the same, that he's not seeing anyone else, either. I believe him for two reasons: one, he is far too busy to be seeing anyone, and, two, I trust him. I can honestly say he is the first man in ages and ages that I instinctually felt I could trust. There is a reason for this: it's because nothing he's said can be disputed or contradicted and he's always done what he said he was going to do, when he said he was going to do it. Trust is a major, major issue in a relationship. NO room for cheating whatsoever.
 Talitha001
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:22:56 PM
I think people cheat because their needs are not being met!!!! You can totally love someone, but they aren`t taking care of your needs due to whatever reason....You owe it to them FIRST, to say `This isn`t working for me!!! What can we do to make it better???` And give them the opportunity to fix things before turning outside the relationship... I know lot of women, who are married or in relationahips who WITHHOLD SEX!!!! Yup....I was sooooo shocked to hear this...No wonder a man strays???? Yikes!!! But still, if one partner or the other isn`t happy....you need to have communication!!!!
 WorkingGirl
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:23:17 PM
No way.
 Myfakename
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:28:02 PM
I've never cheated, but it's possible to love more than one person. Also, many people through out history have had their mistresses, and still stay with their wives and atleast seem to love them. The loving thing to do if one is inclined to see other people is to tell the one that they are with. To be open and honest with anyone involved.
 jeanc200358
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:30:38 PM
"I think people cheat because their needs are not being met!!!!"

I think this is surely true in some cases, but it is by far not true in all cases. People sometimes use that as an excuse. I can only speak from a woman's point of view, in terms of men cheating, because I don't date women, nor is it a concern of mine if they cheat. I know I don't. When my needs weren't being met from my then husband, I asked him for a divorce. This was a full year after my "needs weren't being met" and while I strongly suspected, and found I was right, that he was cheating on me.

Most people, IMO, cheat because they don't have a conscience, and they figure they can get away with it.
 jeanc200358
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:32:38 PM
"Also, many people through out history have had their mistresses, and still stay with their wives and atleast seem to love them."

"Seem to love them." Interesting. If they have mistresses, they do not love them. I suppose if someone's not adverse to having an "open marriage," (an oxymoron, in my view) that's another matter entirely. But, in my estimation, having a mistress is about as "cheating" as one can get.
 angelic93444
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:49:58 PM
I believe one can most certainly cheat on someone they're in love with...That person is probably not in love with me.. So Hell yes, I could cheat.

It's not cheating if you're not in a relationship... hence, me being single...

Angelic
 1andlovinit
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:52:02 PM
not a chance...
 DragonRed
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:13:36 PM
I could never do such a thing.........

.....Never in a kabillion Kazillion trillion years
 calgaryman99
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:18:47 PM
If you truly love someone, then you would not even consider cheating on them. They would be on your mind as soon as you considered doing such a thing and you would realize that it would be better with them anyways...lol

Calgaryman99

trvlingman
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:40:40 PM
shit happens

people shouldnt take sexual cheating that badly

when they spend a night just holding eachother or talking.

take that badly
 Myfakename
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:47:12 PM
I can't know for sure if one loves someone or not therefore I used the word seemed. I would have to be them to know. JFK seemed to still love Jackie. Einstein seemed to love his wife still. These were good people with a conscience. Things are often as they seem, as well as not. I have had friends who were in love (so they say) with their girlfriends and cheated. Usually drunk. There are also people that have multiple wives. Don't know if they love them all, but I can't say for sure that they don't. Love isn't a finite thing, and I see it as possible to love more than one. Not all cheating fits the category of double love, but some very well may. Regardless, what the topic is, is it possible to cheat on someone you love. Not be in love with 2 or more. It's very subjective so I keep an open mind. I don't endorse dishonesty, but I don't wave a righteous flag at people that have an alternative lifestyle than me, and say that they don't love who they cheated on. People define love in different ways. Actually many don't bother to define it.... (I didn't read all posts btw:)
 aurielei
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:00:31 PM
Not if you truely love them, why would you want to hurt them.
 shadowgirl58
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:02:57 PM
If the love is damaged..if it were hopeless-if it is over-yes!
When I fall in love it will not happen-I will be faithful to my man-I can love with such heaart- and my man can do no wrong either..but I will not cheat on the real love of my life when I meet him.
 my2cents
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:05:43 PM
NO NO NO.................IMHO No way in hell.........if it truly is love mind you........
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Can you cheat on a person you are truly in love with?