Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > My Wife's had a hysterectomy and our sex life is DEAD! Help!      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 williamthatsme
Msg: 1
My Wife's had a hysterectomy and our sex life is DEAD! Help!Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
How do you get your wife interested in sex after a hysterectomy?
It wasn't great before and now I have to beg for it!
I give a great back/body rub and I've spent the money on flowers and weekends away!
 fishbill
Msg: 2
My Wife's had a hysterectomy and our sex life is DEAD! Help!
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:25:08 PM
My GF just had a hysterectomy and our sex life is great. IT takes about 6 months of recovery. Just eat her out while she is watching TV.
 eternally_perplexed
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:28:35 PM
maybe you are pressuring her too much

just give her some time to recover.. she might feel like "less of a woman" or something

things like that happen
 jennthelpn
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:28:42 PM
Maybe she knows that you are on here and looking for an intimate encounter --- THAT tends to KILL a sex drive....Hope she cuts you off forever!!!
 brawnydog
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:29:20 PM
Yeah, I know several women that have had them. It hasn't effected their sex drive after they had healed fully.

HAHAAHAHAHA.....no shyt Jenn!!!!! I didn't look.

He's prolly trying for the ol' Pity Fuk on this thread.
 gabbyT
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:30:22 PM
^^^Amen to that one!!!Jenn
 thats_hot
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:31:25 PM
Hire a prostitute.
 At_Fates_Gate™
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:36:54 PM
A good clean Intimate Encounter...

...I don't get it

Perhaps, now this is just a theory...YOUR sex life is DEAD,

she getting used to live without an irritating twat (j/k lots),

and she's more subtle prefering to use Other Relationship.
 Belladona
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/18/2005 6:39:19 PM

Maybe she knows that you are on here and looking for an intimate encounter --- THAT tends to KILL a sex drive....Hope she cuts you off forever!!!

^^^^^^ Jenn..... I never read the profiles... I just assume everyone's honest...yish!!

OT: A Hysterectomy doesn't diminish the sex drive, as a matter of fact and psychologically speaking... it's quite the opposite, because there is no more worry for contraception, no more time of the month...etc, so women who have had this procedure tend to relax more when it comes to their sex lives. Usually, when someone doesn't want to have sex with you anymore it's because they no longer like you...for some reason... but you have to take the time to find out why....if you really care.
 milkbone
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/18/2005 7:51:23 PM
I've had a hysterectomy 2 1/2 years ago. It is a very serious operation for a woman to have. It takes alot out of her. It takes a long time to recover. Consider all the other factors that go along with it- work, kids (if there are some), housewife, grocery shopping, the list goes on. It is a tough thing to recover from...

My advice would be just give her time to heal physically and mentally...It may be worth the wait...

Good luck.
 LdyDee
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/18/2005 8:42:25 PM
Have you tried talking to her about how she is feeling about her body? Perhaps she is feeling that you may see her in a different light? Perhaps she is fearful of making love not feeling as good to you or her for that matter, as it once did. Just so you know, it is not just surgery she has had, it is like amputation of a part of her emotional aspects....her hormones are lacking, and it does take a little more time and effort on your part to bring her around.

Talk to her, open your mouth, and shut down the computer.....maybe then you will find out what the REAL problem may be.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/18/2005 9:48:59 PM
get a mistress,

or two
 çòúntrÿLÏn
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/18/2005 10:38:33 PM
I've had a hysterectomy myself...... you dont say how long it was since she had her surgery but I'll give you some tips here......

First off.. it takes a 'long' time to heal from this surgery. I dont know if you know the full extent of what happens in this surgery but they cut through all the abdominal muscles to do this. It takes along time to heal.

I had my surgery almost 3 yrs ago...... Dr.'s recommend NO sex for 6-8 weeks after surgery.. and even then be careful. Well.. let me tell you the first time I had an orgasm, my tummy felt like it was going to explode cuz of the muscle contractions. It wasn't that comfortable.. so give her time.

I'm a very sexual person..... it was killin me not to have sex while in the recovery period.. but it was just the oddest, ickiest weirdest feeling for a long time.. almost a numbing feeling. Give her time... it will get better...

Now I can't get enough... lmao

~~~ I'd suggest removing your profile while yer at it..... that is... if your seriously trying to make things work with your wife !
 HB2
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/19/2005 7:37:58 AM
I've had one also and it does take a very long time to heal!
Sounds like you care more about your needs than hers so either give her proper consideration and the time, also remove yourself from here, or get out of it.
She doesn't need pressure for sex....
She does need to feel loved, not just as a receptacle for your junk.
The only other thing I can think of is for you actually find out what this surgery entails for a woman.
There's a thought!
Use the brain instead of the penis....Hmmm
 jrguitar23
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/19/2005 7:46:14 AM
Hold out for your woman, dude. When she climbs back on board she'll probably boff your brains out.
 HB2
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/19/2005 7:48:02 AM
Mine didn't hold out and has he ever missed out on the fun!
 yourbrowneyedgirl?
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/19/2005 9:29:28 AM
OP: I agree with those here that if you truly love your wife you will talk to her about the way she and you are feeling about the surgery. It is a very difficult procedure for a woman let alone her family and friends to go through.

I had a complete hysterectomy at 27 (a year and half ago) Not all hysterectomy's are done by cutting through the abdomin (sp?) Mine was done vaginally so my healing process was not as uncomfortable in this sense. For me it has not affected my sexual desires at all in a negative way. In fact, I have had a HUGE increase. My ex never had to go without though while I was recovering. We were having a different type of sex though - not intercourse. Although I was told not to have intercourse for at least 8 weeks - he only had to wait 3 weeks but that is because of my choice. I was trying to keep him - and I was horny as hell. He asked me for a divorce 2 days after I had sex with him and put my life in danger of hemoraging.

Point of this is: Every one is different and heals differently. TALK TO YOUR WIFE and don't risk hurting her more by having an affair just for sex. IT IS NOT WORTH IT. JMO
 Pandy
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2005 4:30:52 PM
keep in mind that vaginal orgasms are uterine contractions....a little difficult when you don't have a uterus. If you haven't been giving her clitoral stimulation, she hasn't been able to orgasm.
 ky_jello
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 8/19/2005 5:18:21 PM
OMG! pandy....you just reminded me of the obvious. i'd forgotten that's what an orgasm was (damn...your kids must just spit right out....anyway) after my youngest....it's harder for me....because she was so big that my uterus is now distended? is that it? whatever....doesn't contract like it used to. well....that's even more impressive for my guy. hmm....relearn something new everyday.
 Ninki
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/19/2005 6:15:39 PM
OP: Did your wife have her ovaries removed as well? If yes, then her hormones are gone, because removing a woman's ovaries is the same as removing a man's testicles. It's castration.

N.
 Blastkist
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/19/2005 7:46:23 PM
OH, do you remember the part where it said "For Better , For Worse" ?

Yeah...this would be the "worst" part.

What would you want her to do if you lost your nuts all a sudden?

Think about it?
 OnTheBus
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/19/2005 8:10:00 PM
I would want her to get me a freaking beer and go have some satisfaction from time to time
 jmsglds
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/21/2005 8:55:40 PM
Did the doctor put her on some hormones?
Take her to a doctor that proscribes natural hormone therapy as, the Premarin and, other man-made hormones are made with "mare" yes, female horse urine and, are not good for her; just ask the doctor if he proscribes NHRT and, she should be better right away.
 Omega X
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/21/2005 9:24:33 PM
She had surgery and you're worried about your sex life. Nice.
 HB2
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/22/2005 6:49:54 AM
OP...I think you've killed your chances with this thread.....
You need to put her first right now.....
She feels bad enough already and if the sex wasn't that good before have you stopped to think maybe it was you that wasn't doing it for her or the problems that caused the surgery to have to be done in the first place?
Love is staying through the worst as well as the best!
Show ALL Forums  > Sex and Dating  > My Wife's had a hysterectomy and our sex life is DEAD! Help!