Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Artists are weird      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 nooneone
Msg: 1
Artists are weirdPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
i was hoping to get the attention of all of you weird artist, coming out to feircely defend your weirdness. Me, not so much. I have come to accept and embrace it, as frustrating as it sometimes is. I find that ,try as I might to function in this society(which i am able to acomplish to a degree great enough that I am still able to asscociate wih other human beings on a relatively normal level) I still find that my predisposition to seeing things completely dfferently than everyone else can sometimes work to my disadvantage.
Let me provide a few examples, perhaps in defence of my in/sanity:

walking down the street while admiring cloud formations and attempting not to shoot straight out of my body during these zen moments, and not being hit by a car, or walking into a wall? not too easy.

sitting in a dirty spoon diner and being completely enrapturted by the energy and color combinations presented there and then trying to describe it over my sugar filled cup of coffee to a friend while they are completely distracted by the fact that the cook has just wiped his nose on his sleeve and then used it to dry off a plate....doesnt work so well

listening to my room-mate complain about her day, while being completely mesmorised by the way that light glints off of her cheek and brow bones. "god, and you wouldnt beleive what larry did...what are you staring at?"

looking at seaweed as brush strokes and paint application.

understanding things right out of existance....thats the hardest one, looking at a picture so big that I realize my place in it is likened to that of the place of am amoeba in a million oceans.

yes artists are totally, beautifully, fantastically, deliciously, tragically , painfully wonderfully, inordinately, insanely and perfectly weird.
 nooneone
Msg: 2
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:26:11 PM
Awwwe poor littlle animalcruelty, we are all jerks sometimes.
 ~softEDGE~
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:51:10 PM
not all artists are weird, in my opinion;
all people are weird, period.

if so, just how weird was grandma moses? lol...
or did you mean all contemporary or popular artists are weird?
did you really mean all writers, poets, singers, musicians, actors, painters, sculptors,
glass blowers, florists, designers, ie, all creators are weird?
granted; van gough was a genious, and yes, i concur, dude was weird...

but aren't all of us "weird" anyway?
i like to think people are eclectic, eccentric or maybe quirky.
oh heck, i tried to come up with some average appearing artists, but cannot right now, i need to go to dinner, so perhaps artists are weird.
i think we are all unique in our own right; but i guess it's arguable that i too, am weird.
definitely, thank God, but "weird" to me, is an ugly, but apt word.
 nooneone
Msg: 4
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/23/2005 6:53:57 PM
Grandma moses was totally weird...and yes i meant all artists, and i suppose everyone is an artist in their own right whether that be the creation of a child, a flower arrangement or a sandcastle...so indeed we are all weird....really freaking weird
 OnTheBus
Msg: 5
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/23/2005 8:30:10 PM
I prefer someone with a bit of an eclectic streak. Normal is boring
 ScarletsFever
Msg: 6
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/23/2005 9:48:26 PM
Oh AnimalCuelty, let say you and i get outta here and go get our weird on?

Ruby
 Jetplague
Msg: 7
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/23/2005 10:03:00 PM
I would respond...but I'm afriad I'm in a creative mode right now.
 drpookie
Msg: 8
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/23/2005 11:42:49 PM
Artists, creative people make the best lovers, so Ive heard, I wouldnt know though
 Nobody
Msg: 9
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/24/2005 1:00:17 AM
...the etymology of wyrd is quite fascinating...

In ancient times when someone would leave the comforts of home to go travel the world, they thought it becasue usualy they were fated to do so as though they had some kind of special destiny. Weird in a way means traveler or fate linked one, its not until Shakespears wiches that it got its nauvbtier implications

Read this for more details

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wyrd
 nooneone
Msg: 10
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:55:35 PM
You Know drpookie, I would say you are right about that.
 nooneone
Msg: 11
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/24/2005 7:57:44 PM
Hi king nobody, i realize now that i am much weirder than i originally thought myself to be. thank you.
 trvlingman
Msg: 12
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/24/2005 8:04:44 PM
I consider myself an artist.

well a writer anyway.

stories
poems
rap.
movies.

I,m a very skilled writer.
havent met anyone who disagrees

havent used the pen in awhile though.

most people consider me to be among the weirdest they,ve ever met
probably the coolest to.

I,m a strange ****ing guy
 DragonRed
Msg: 13
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/25/2005 5:09:58 PM
Next to Scientists..Artists are some of the most Influential People,in History......
When I pass from this earth..I hope to leave a Legacy of Knowledge....and story..
 luvbug451
Msg: 14
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/25/2005 7:45:13 PM
let me just say to all artists out there that believe they are weird is that.....
what is weird, is normal and what is normal, is weird.....
think about that for a minute. I came up with that phrase a while back when i was the weird one and came to realize that this phase is quite true if you think about it.
 lost John
Msg: 15
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:14:28 PM

walking down the street while admiring cloud formations and attempting not to shoot straight out of my body during these zen moments, and not being hit by a car, or walking into a wall? not too easy.

Despite being in great disrepair, I have the sidewalk on my street memorized. This is so that I don't trip, fall, and break something when walking down the street to catch the bus while watching the sunrise at the same time.

The fun part of being an architect, is that I am a "scientist" and an "artist" at the same time. I keep my head in the clouds and my feet firmly planted in reality at the same time.
 tmbmx
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:17:55 PM
I am querky not wierd. Yes it is true I do not think like other people but that other people cant create what I do. I think it is a trade off for using both sides of your brain.
 Belly Drummer Girl
Msg: 17
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:59:01 PM
Weird can be good. Normal is boring. I prefer to think I am somewhere in the middle. I love that I am able to express myself through my drumming, dancing and also teach little kids.

My mom does think I'm a little weird though. LOL. I love it. All that matters is that you are happy with who you are. Who cares what other people think.
 ozman_60
Msg: 18
Artists are weird
Posted: 8/25/2005 8:59:19 PM
Gosh, what tipped you folks off, the morphine face or the beer body?
 :
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/5/2005 11:18:14 PM
Yggdrasil ... sounds like a sneeze doesn't it? This is a paraphrase, Einstein once said something to the effect that all religion, art and sciences where but various branches of the same tree of knowing. That always makes me think of the tree of life.
 GaSweetie
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/17/2005 11:25:14 AM

listening to my room-mate complain about her day, while being completely mesmorised by the way that light glints off of her cheek and brow bones

YuP I do tht, too. I paing a lot of faces in my art. I love to make characters. I collect the Doce adds with the charachter models, just ot get thier skin tones. At owrk, I notice faces and shades and colors. ANd when I say something, hey give me the strangest looks. I am not looking for generic baeautiful, I am looking for life, strength, wrinkles, tone, contrast, quirks hat show in a face and we call character.

I am so average looking on the outside that men belive the inside is also average/bland. When I say I work on my art at home with the TV for company they say "Oh, you are so domestic". No quite what I wanted them to perceive.

Then add in my passion for sci-fi, my art work, being Jewish, and the fact that I spent 20+ years in Germany.

Add that to my so average looks. But since my accent is perfect USA and even southern-ized, the rest does not show and this dating thing becomes is a nightmare of crossed signals.

Yeah, I might be called wierd. When I was younger, I was called interesting, before that I was just called on the phone!!
 sleeping giant
Msg: 21
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/17/2005 11:32:23 AM
bepen on how you descripe weird and normal.If you think most pepole are normal your wrong evreone is weir in there own way. We all do thing that other pepole think is weir . So that makes everone weird and to be normal is to be weird to everone else would you say
 :
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/18/2005 8:45:11 PM
.....Wyrd.....
 :
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/21/2005 7:41:05 AM
That sure killed the hell out of that one... I really am threadkillzilla you know...

I love and hate that word, more cuty pasty...

Wyrd is a concept in ancient Anglo-saxon and Nordic cultures roughly corresponding to fate. It is cognate to Modern English weird.

The word comes from Anglo-Saxon verb weorþan, to become, and itself derives from an Indo-European root verb meaning to turn. In its literal sense, it refers to the past, or That which has become. In its wider sense, it refers to how past actions continually affect and condition the future. It also stresses the interconnected nature of all actions, and how they influence each other. The concept has some relation to the ideal of predestination. Unlike predestination, however, the concept of Wyrd implies that while we are affected and constrained by our past actions, we are constantly creating our own Wyrd through how we respond to present situations.

Wyrd was paralleled in early Nordic cultures where the word was rendered as urd - also the name of the middle of the three Norns, who shape our lives out of the layers of the past, known as ørlög. The younger sister is called Verðende, which means That which is still becoming. The older is called Skuld, which means That which shall be.

The best way to fully visualize the concept of Wyrd is to use two common analogies: the Well of Wyrd, and the Web of Wyrd.

Mr. Peanut Butter Cup
Msg: 24
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/21/2005 10:18:04 AM

Artists are weird

hmmmm.........and I always thought everyone around ME were the weirdo's........
 Alias788
Msg: 25
Artists are weird
Posted: 9/21/2005 2:04:54 PM
Im an artist and I would have to agree that we are pretty weird some times... we tend to be overdramatic and a little more emotional... some artists are just plain crazy, more than one I know are bipolar.
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Artists are weird