Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Classic rockers Queen + Paul Rodgers unite and tour.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 toonsmith
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Classic rockers Queen + Paul Rodgers unite and tour.Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I was a bit shocked to find out that Queen reunited and that they have been on tour for a while now. I can't get my head wrapped around the idea of Paul Rodgers from Bad Company and Free....... warbling Queen tunes?

What would Freddie have thought?

But I am curious.

Paul Rodgers has made a career of getting together with superstar musicians with mixed results. Anyone remember The Law or The Firm? Not exactly earth shattering music.

Apparently there is a single. Paul tackles Fat Bottom Girls and the band reciprocates by doing an old Free tune, Wishing Well.

This ole fart is shaking his head. Will this work? Payday, I am hitting the music store to see.

I hope I am not disappointed.

Toonsmith
 ChuckTheNut
Msg: 2
Classic rockers Queen + Paul Rodgers unite and tour.
Posted: 8/26/2005 6:39:02 AM
Agreed, I hope he can put forth at least half of the energy Freddie used to. I'll bet Freddie would have wanted Queen to continue on without him, although it takes both Freddie's voice and Brian's guitar style to make the rich sound that was Queen in my opinion. I guess I'm conflicted.

Chuck
 OnTheBus
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:59:47 AM
Never quite understood the appeal of Paul Rodgers to the other old Brits that work with him. He must network well
 BreakThru
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/30/2005 9:11:40 AM
*still hoping to see a good US tour.*
&
Someone to see it with. Maybe i'll luck out. who knows?
 Mystic Gnome
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 2:12:59 PM
That's interesting... might be good.... at least it will be different.
There's a Queen Convention that occurs every year in Scotland (I believe). Jeff Scott Soto (malmsteen, talisman) does an incredible set of Queen material (40+songs, including medleys..great harmonies, etc..). Got the dvd and I'm really glad I picked it up.
Maybe they will modify the songs slightly like JSS did. It was a very nice set.. recommend it to fans of JSS and Queen. Very sweet stuff indeed....
 ManOwaR
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/4/2005 4:38:46 PM
there will apparently be a north american tour for this, and really, if its anything as the dvd/cd was, I'll probably drop the cash to see it....

everyone can scream "nobody can do what freddie did" well no kidding....

but, whatever =)
 jimi77
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/4/2005 4:45:19 PM
humm... well i love queen.. and i love paul rodgers stuff to... but i am not sure he is the right pick for a front man.. but then again.. who could replace freddie?

I thought the firm was a pretty good band..
 ManOwaR
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/4/2005 4:51:57 PM
trust me on this one bro... go listen to the cd.. he's a fine replacement. not perfect, but good.
 Gumby21
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/4/2005 9:32:01 PM
What I think Brian & Roger should have done is talk to Tim Staffell and reform "Smile". I found a live version of "Earth" that they (Brian, Roger & Tim) recorded sometime in the 90's.

I think the thought of reuniting "Smile" would be more interesting to die hard Queen fans.

Cheers
 BreakThru
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/25/2005 11:30:18 AM
I'm hoping to see the Jacksonville FL concert they plan on doing. I'd love to see Brian May on stage Live for the first time.
 toonsmith
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 12/25/2005 11:54:36 AM
They have been showing a commercial promoting the April concert set for here. I admit it would be cool to feel the vibration of May's guitar noodling thru a Brighton Rock solo live.

Toon
 sagittariuslibrarising
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/25/2005 5:34:49 PM
Regardless if Paul Rodgers is now singing in the band or not, I want to see Queen in concert! I used to have like the biggest crush of Roger Taylor (the drummer)...
 KillerQueen
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:36:10 PM
We make the rockin' world go 'round!!
 leafslady
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/29/2005 3:46:11 PM
Toon...Brighton Rock!

I'd love to go see the concert.I know they're playing in TO.
It'd be interesting to see Paul Rogers fronting the group.
 cougar99
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/29/2005 4:09:18 PM
I had the chance to meet Queen after a concert, back in the early eighties..and No I do not believe Freddie would of liked Paul Rodgers..singing his songs...
I have had a chance to hear the new music...which isn't that bad...
But, some things are better left alone
Not to take anything any from Paul...but Freddie was a showman and with Brian on guitar..it was like Joe Montana and Jerry Rice...
There is a guy I think would of done better....Robbie Williams who was mentioned as a possible new singer...
Williams almost the same dynamics as Freddie.
P.S. no way Paul could pull off Brigton Rock...a true classic
 guitarman100
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/29/2005 5:03:23 PM
robbie williams
might have been ok

but he is too young to be accepted by queen fans as a suitiable replacement

kinda like getting ricky martin or enrique elglacious too young
 KillerQueen
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/30/2005 1:12:23 PM
I think it's a shame the George Michael plan didn't work out... In my eyes, that would have been 2 blow-me-away concerts in 1!
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/18/2006 8:13:02 AM
i wanted to see gary cherone from extreme tour with them.....but...didnt happen..so now im just going to go play outside in traffic
 guitarman100
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/18/2006 10:33:03 AM
I saw gary cherone with extreme

he moves strangely
 MrFawlty
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/18/2006 3:20:23 PM
Dont even agree with still calling themselves Queen. Freddie WAS Queen. Much respect for Paul Rodgers with Free but personally I dont like to hear anybody singing Freds songs. Let them off for the tribute concert but STOP THERE PLEASE!
 toonsmith
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/18/2006 3:44:03 PM
I admit I am a bit uncomfortable with them still calling themselves Queen. It is my understanding that John Deacon is not playing with them? (bass player)

It's the SOUND of Queen, that distinct Brian May guitar.....I know they would have never sold as many tickets if they had called themselves anything else. Page/Plant during the 90's were advertised in England as Led Zeppelin when they toured there.

Queen Mach II, Company of Queen, Rodgers, May & Taylor, Killer Queen....

But without Freddie, it's just not QUEEN.

Toon
 vancanuck13
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/18/2006 4:54:25 PM
I think some things should just be left alone. Remember them as they were.
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:40:38 PM
i truly believe roger and brian should have recorded a all star album with guest singers doing some queen tunes. Plus finish up the stuff freddie did with rod stewart...etc...put it out on album. I think they just want to play, but im sure if they would have organised something cool as a tribute with all the good singers, guest musicans again.....and did a few dates in america, canada,europe.....would have been classier...but the boys want to rock
 Justin Case Sr.
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/18/2006 5:43:38 PM
suggestion though...if you really want to enjoy early queen, get "Live At The Rainbow 1974" its on vhs......should be on dvd.......but thats stuff the band should be getting someone to do....remix all that old stuff...damn somebody call them, anybody got a number?
 MrFawlty
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/19/2006 12:00:55 AM
I think remastering old classsic Queen tracks is a terrific idea. Loads of early queen songs that never made it but were live classics - "Spread Your Wings" when released never even made the UK top 40! Sacriledge! Also "Love of My Life" and anyone who heard those songs live with the crowd singing every word would surely be just as amazed as I am.

Still dont think they should be touring as Queen though
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Classic rockers Queen + Paul Rodgers unite and tour.