Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Your favourite Mars Volta Song?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nobody
Msg: 1
Your favourite Mars Volta Song?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Post Song lyrics and interpretations of Mars Volta songs.
(I suppose you could post ATDI, or Sparta stuff too if you really want)

Just as he hit
The ground
They lowered a tow that stuck in his neck to the gills
Fragments of sobriquets
Riddle me this:
Three half eaten corneas
Who hit the area
Stalk the ground
Stalk the ground

You should have seen
The curse that flew right by you
Page of concrete
Stain walks crutch and hobbled sway
Autodafe
A capillary hint of red
Only this manupod
Crescent in shape has escaped

The house half the way
Fell empty with teeth that
Split both his lips
Mark these words
One day this chalk outline will circle this city
Was he robbed of the asphalt that cushioned his face?
A room coloured charlatan hid in a safe
Stalk the ground
Stalk the ground

You should have seen
Page of concrete
Autodafe
A capillary hint of red
Only this manupod
Crescent in shape has escaped

Pull the pins
Save your grace
Mark these words
On his grave
Pull the pins
Save your grace
Mark these words
On his grave
Pull the pins
Save your grace
Mark these words
On his grave

You should have seen
Page of concrete
Autodafe
A capillary hint of red
Everyone knows the last toes are
Always the coldest to go
 Paulchino II
Msg: 2
Your favourite Mars Volta Song?
Posted: 8/28/2005 6:24:14 AM
ahhh Televators gives me goosebumbs...Just love the passion in Cedric's voice....

Another hair raising tune, "Miranda" his lyrics are just twisted...

"I've always wanted to eat glass with you again,
but I never knew how to talk without walls dropping on the eve"

Has anyone heard the Frances the Mute single? It's pretty rare...I love it....
 Nobody
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/29/2005 9:52:03 PM
in denial who will come clean all the ravenous debris
in disguise sideswiped by penance cerecloth sentencing
this scapegrace will pay my barking harangue... are you listening?
on the 14th you stole what hasn't grown old
in denial, file this under a bridge that he can't leave
will those shadows glare from that blank- rimmed stare in a vacancy hush
aunque me dejaste ahogando en el mar acuestate en la tierra, de la realidad de tu sueƱo
manos de recuerdo solamente a ti te odio yo ya me voy
in denial, who will clean up all this ravenous debris
in denial, file this under a bridge that he can't leave
and the storyville sawbones couldn't fill
the prescription to mend all the broken wills in the white lie wards - don't you pretend
tangled in thorns to walk unborn
and this debt will collect
[all the sickness that is there]
 Nobody
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:12:39 PM
You've got the lot to burn, a shelve of pig smotherd cries, is there a spirit that spits, Upon the exit of signs; Is anybody there, these steps keep on growing long, bayonet trials rust propellers await, No, nobody is heard, rowing sheep smiles for the dead, nobody is heard, An antiquated home, afloat with engines on mute, Sui generis ship spined around the yard, is anybody there, these craft only multiply, at the nape of ruins rust propellers await, No
Nobody is heard compass wilting in the wind, nobody is heard, rowing sheep smile for the dead, transoceanic depth in this earth, in this cenotaph, lash of one thousand eye brows, clicking, Counting the toll, Counting the toll
You've got the lot to burn, A shelve of pig smothered cries, Is there a spirit that spits upon the exit of signs, is anybody there,tThese steps keep on growing long, bayonet trials rust propellers await, no, Nobody is heard compass wilting in the wind, Nobody is heard rowing sheep smile for the dead, Transoceanic depth in this earth in this cenotaph
Carpel jets, hit the ground, Carpel jets, hit the ground, Carpel jets, hit the ground, Carpel jets, hit the ground
Lash of one thousand eyebrows clicking, Counting the toll, Counting the toll
Lash of one thousand eyebrows clicking, Counting the toll, Counting the toll
 :
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 9/5/2005 7:18:30 AM
I saw them Live, they are very much how I would imagine Pink Floyd to be live, and by that I mean freaking awsome~!

I Like Coma more then Franciss, any opinions out there?
 :
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:50:20 PM
How about that Drunkship of lanterns...Cool...
 smubbs
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/14/2005 9:29:52 PM
Song 7 on the first disc....Cheers!
 Paulchino II
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/14/2005 10:08:31 PM
^^^^^
Cicatriz ESP...gotta love the way it shifts from the eerie middle interlude to those layered soloing guitars....yes one of my favs on De-Loused....
 smubbs
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/5/2005 4:09:05 PM
Just came in from the store....Bought the new Mars Volta album...cant wait to hear it...

...to be continued....

....Cheers!
 0tto
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/5/2005 9:27:47 PM
somewhere here heard this name.
so few week ago i got their album "frances the mute".
honestly i tried listen to. but it's so hard.
there nothing. sound which suposed to be music very plain. front man sound quite fake, no sincere. lot of moment where he just immitated robert plant. technical side - level of school band.
probably this band have own circle of fan. but no future. maybe one-two more albums and then die as hundreds similar bands before them.
 alive365
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/6/2005 5:07:17 PM
I like At The Drive-In - Picket Fence Cartel... thats one of my favo songs

iom actaully only into ATDI.. i own all their stuff. and i own no Mars Volta or Sparta
 Paulchino II
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/6/2005 9:45:12 PM

technical side - level of school band

That just goes to show that you didn't LISTEN to the music. There's a difference between listening to music and just hearing it....maybe you just posted that comment to get a reaction...well here's mine
Thanks man...that was the most idiotic statement I've heard in a long time....

And the Mars Volta are actually quite well respected...
 drpookie
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/6/2005 11:28:19 PM
I dont listen to mars volta for there lyrics..instead for there music...then again, i dont listen to anything for the lyrics, who cares about signing, its all about the music
 SimpleMinds
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/7/2005 12:51:26 AM
Not in my opinion, the music is secondary for me. If I can't get into what a band are SAYING or don't agree with it, then the music means nothing to me no matter how good it may sound.
 drpookie
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/7/2005 12:56:57 AM
I guess im the only one whos like that then, im a musician too, maybe thats it. But honestly, my favorite parts of the songs are usually the parts without words or singing. I love instrumental stuff too.
 guitar_obsession
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/7/2005 10:55:53 AM
yeah... televators is awesome! My friend and I played for our school... it was really cool. We had to drop it down an octave at the "was he robbed of .." hehe
 Lachrymal
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/7/2005 1:37:45 PM
You know....ATDI's One Arm Scissor still moves me. Regardless of its Verse -Chorus-Verse sound. Its my fave.
 mjdragon05
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/7/2005 6:47:11 PM
My favorite is "The Widow", but I've listened to other songs by them and I didn't really like them.
 Musikmaster
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/10/2005 10:26:28 PM
I like De-loused better. So, I also like Televators. ATD-I was better, though.
 Paulchino II
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:07:52 PM
OK I've already mentioned a few...but really...my absolute favorite is

CASSANDRA GEMINNI

Really...it takes talent to put together a 32 minute song and keep it interesting, these guys are f*ckin good....
 GentleHand
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2005 7:40:41 AM
glad i didnt spend $ and downloaded MV

cassandra gemini is good.
 0tto
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/11/2005 7:12:53 PM
Paulchino II

not meand to offend you. got this album by curiecity. really found nothing extraordinary in it. very plain. lot of moment where they just sound like zeppelin. their vocalist with his crying voice just maked me feel sick.
for me it's absolutely doesn't matter will they become famous or not. i just don't liked.
you see i never very much liked yes, rush and few other well known bands. never been fan of zeppelin. but i accepted that they very unique and giffted bands. about mars volta i can't tell the same. they just nobody.
about 30something mins. song... well you know mccartney also wrote symphony which even longer. but it's doesn't mean that this "master peace" is good :)

so please keep calm breath and be happy :)
 K3VLAR
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/11/2005 9:34:29 PM
I saw them open for System of a Down
they were alright
 Paulchino II
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/12/2005 1:08:32 AM
@Otto:
Whether one thinks the music is "good" or not really doesn't matter. My point in the previous post was that they are a VERY talented group, whether you like their songs or not. I can't think of any current bands that can pull off what they do in their live shows.

There are lots of people that HATE the Mars Volta because their music is an acquired taste, but anyone who can appreciate the great bands of the past and has an open mind can at least give them credit for being rediculously good musicians.
 Musikmaster
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/12/2005 8:35:59 AM
Dare I suggest two reasons why people don't like Mars Volta?:
1) They are used to the Verse-Chorus-Verse of most songs and Mars Volta isn't traditional; they're all over the map. They also use a lot of noise, distortion and other influences that usually don't make it to everyone's radar. Also, most songs aren't "interrupted." Often, it's difficult to perceive where one song ends and another begins and people are used to 'clean' finishes to songs.
2) They just have bad taste. If this offends those who dislike their music, so be it. But, I won't get into an argument here.

However, you said you can't think of any current bands that can pull off the same kind of show. Do you mean with their kind of music or that there's no one as good at live shows? I've seen TMV live along with several other good bands. I witnessed TMV live alongside the Chilipeppers and QOTSA. Both were good. Actually, TMV must have been having a sound problem because I was disappointed with their show. I've heard others who have seen them live either say they were great or were disappointed. I think it must depend on who is in charge of sound and/or which venue they're playing at. (Luck of the draw?).

There is much more in the way of music than prog rock or metal (which seem to be the most mentioned "types of music" in the music forums). I like some prog rock and various metal but for those who are dismayed by "commercial music," check out instrumental music and what is often called post rock. So many awesome bands! Every one of them delivers a great live show. It's almost essential you see them live. It's good they're not very popular or only popular to a certain extent. Some people have awful tastes and should stick to their 80s hair bands and pop idols! lol Perhaps, it's wise NOT to wake 'em up? 'Not sure...
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > Your favourite Mars Volta Song?