Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are Some Men So Ignorant?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 AngeleyezJZ
Msg: 1
Why are Some Men So Ignorant?Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
OK, Here's the deal. My ex and I were only together for a few months before I realzed it was not healthy for us to live 15 min from eachother and only spend about 3 hours a week together (he likes his time out with his buddys). I explained this to him when we decided that we were better off as friends. Two weeks later he calls me over to his appartment, tells me he wants me to have a key, and then asks "Well, if we saw eachother twice a week, how much time would we need to spend together, total, in those two days?" Oh yeah, way to win my heart buddy! Now he keeps calling me in the middle of the night (most of the time drunk), and asking me why we can't be together. How can someone be so persistant of something that they don't feel needs much time or energy? I don't even think this is normal! What is the matter with him?
 Teabone
Msg: 2
Why are Some Men So Ignorant?
Posted: 8/29/2005 11:57:14 PM
I see a lot of "why are men... so and so" quite often on here, it kind of makes me feel as if i've done something wrong though i have never been in any real relationship before (well maybe when i was like 13 but i dont think that truely counts).

Everyone is a unique indivdual as i said before and i dont think people should generalize and basically call me ignorant for being a guy... i cant help being born the sex i am!

No offense at all to you angeleyezjz; I'm sorry for the way your ex has been to you in your situation and im not sure what's the matter with him at all o.O
 fashionable33
Msg: 3
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:01:52 AM

I see a lot of "why are men... so and so"

Yep yep. I'm soooo tired of the "why are all men" and "why are all women".

Just because one person screwed up their love life doesn't mean we're ALL bad choices...

Anyway OT: Sounds like the guy's priorities are to the beer bottle first and you're second fiddle. Call him when he is sober and advise him not to phone you again, perhaps.
 BambiWoods
Msg: 4
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:02:08 AM
most people in general are ignorant. Hell...i have my moments. I wonder if anyone else can say the same
 themaven
Msg: 5
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:13:26 AM
That isn't a man thing, that is a drunk thing...get to know the difference.
 biziedizie
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:32:18 AM
Sounds like you caght a winner! Calling drunk in the middle of the night.....he does this because his buddies are gone and he needs a touch of a woman. In the morning he thinks diff and your out of the picture until he's lonely again.
 Frrosty
Msg: 7
Posted: 8/30/2005 12:41:34 AM

um..uh..well..it's like this..well..you see..it's kind of ...

aww damn..it's just that..

DragonRed
Msg: 8
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:02:24 AM
Bambi...I don't believe You,for a second.....................

OT:.........ahhhhhh..... To Be Young Again Hey Guys.........
 poshrat
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:29:51 AM

I don't even think this is normal! What is the matter with him?

Oh it's fairly 'normal' these days Lass..you aren't the only one to be going through it by any means.

What's the matter with him? He needs to grow up, and only a good hard slap in the face from reality is likely to do it, because it won't be long before the drunken whining becomes abusive threats and crude language....both my daughter's have been through this more than once.

Do as they did.

a) get an answering machine, one that uses a tape, so you can save them,and let it answer late night calls

b)If you have to answer, make sure it is one that will record conversations, whilst you are on the phone, and you can replay them back to a caller later

c) early in the morning when you know the drunk is over and the hangover is in full residence, call him up, play the message back to him, and end with saying 'Just thought you'd like to hear how you sounded at whatever am it was he called'.

d) If that doesn't stop him..warn him that any more of this and you'll play the tapes to his buddies, so they can all hear what a pathetic a--hole he is at night, when they aren't there

e) Or be really nasty and tell him copies of the collection goes to 1) the phone company, 2) your lawyer. 3) his mother ( or his father depending who has more 'clout' in his life..LOL!)

and if you have the outright b*lls of one of mine...meet up with him and his crowd, somewhere by 'accident' with a walkman, and tell them 'Hey..you have to hear this comedy tape I recorded last night from some guy claiming to be ( guy's name')'..and pass it around.

If THAT doesn't solve it, the guy is thicker than a brick, and so are his buddies, and you are best off having nothing more to do with them anyway.

They will all likely drop you like a hot brick anyway, one thing that frightens men more than anything is a lass with guts to play their own silly games back to them.

lassiter
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2005 1:48:35 AM
well, it just wouldn't be fair to draw a conclusion with just YOUR side of the story, now would it? That would be just begging me to make an IGNORANT decision. How convenient. My ex was an EXPERT at manipulating one-sided conversations...not that you are, but, can you add some of the things that make YOU incapable of creating a healthy relationship with this guy? i've heard the guy's reasons.
 Tick Tock
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:01:19 AM

Now he keeps calling me in the middle of the night (most of the time drunk), and asking me why we can't be together. How can someone be so persistant of something that they don't feel needs much time or energy? I don't even think this is normal! What is the matter with him?

Two words for you, hon: BOOTY CALL!!
 Wylde
Msg: 12
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:07:34 AM
You rang?
If it wasn't for men..I wouldn't have my 2 beautiful baby boys..I just love men. Love em love em love em!
 Sundown33
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:43:16 AM
For starters Angeleyeziz, I just want to say Way to go!!. You have made a great life decision that other females don't want to admit screwing up on, You recognized a jerk, and you diden't go deeper into the relationship with him. Anytime a guy can't commit more to the relationship that the two of you have, is a jerk waiting to come out eventualy. Its one of the clasic tale tale signs of a$$hole men, no matter how well they treat you at first. I am soo proud of you!!!

Calling you up drunk in the middle of the night is another example of looservile. You don't want to be with this guy, and hes proveing it to you.

These are signs of a true badguy type that everybody gripes about on the forums. one that has been caught by you redhanded. Nomatter how much you feel sorry for him do not take him back.

I repeat do not take him back!!

You are a very pretty gal, and you can, and will, do alot better ;)
 single_stl_dad
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:25:18 AM
Hey Angeleyes....... I think it was already said once.....

You were a bootycall... thats it.

Nothing wrong with that... but he's trying to BS his way through it. Call it what it is: You're important enough to call to get his d*** wet, but not important enough to spend any real time with.

Sorry... I just tell it like I hear it.
 me worry?
Msg: 15
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:38:18 AM
Calls in the night drunk. Hmm how old is he? 15?
Don't forget when us guys open our zippers our brains fall out.
 Smiler127
Msg: 16
Posted: 8/30/2005 5:45:43 AM
I have been known to do things that I regret or look unkindly upon afterwards. I think we all have at one time or another. As far as the ex goes, talk to him and see what he expects out of the relationship. Maybe he just doesn't know much about how it's supposed to work? Maybe you need to point out to him, that if he truly likes you, he should be asking, when can i see you next? not how often should we see one another?
 taurus516
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2005 7:18:47 AM
First off,your post about "men being ignorant" is a generalization.Your ex does NOT represent the entire male gender on planet Earth.

If you're truly done with this relationship,tell him so straight up and that if he persists you will take out a restraining order.To hell with the being friends for now,he needs to get over it and move the fu ck on.He'll either get his act together or suffer optical rectitus for a long time (that's where your optic nevers are crossed with your rectal nerves and it gives the sufferer a sh itty outlook on life).
No key,no nothing.Stand firm on this or he'll be like a stray animal that shows up on your doorstep when you feed them.

Honestly I have no patience or tolerance for people like this.When it's over it's over.Roll the credits and fade to black.
 JasonB
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/30/2005 8:50:47 AM
Sounds like he wants you for convenience, tell him to go smoke a pole.
 cudahudson
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/30/2005 2:56:17 PM
I've been dumber than a box of rocks at times. But I'm not ignorant. And I agree with the others. I am tired of reading " why are men" or " why are women" And I'm tired of seeing a few post refering to someone else on POF because they got dumped and they couldn't handle it... Now these three things are ignorant to me.
Change your phone number, get it unlisted, move on, ignore him, introduce him to a new boyfriend, shave your head, quit shaving your legs, tell him your not really a woman, I'm sure something like this will po him off enough to move on.
 flyguy51
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:06:51 PM
I noticed that you said "some men" so I'm not gonna accuse you of making gross generalizations here. I don't know if I'm speaking for all men, but I prefer the term "clueless." It applies to many men, especially when we're drunk and horny!
 Blastkist
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:19:00 PM
OH those are fun to slam the phone on...then they hear the loud "bonk bonk bonk" on the other end and it gives them a real big headache!

No mercy!
 xpxpk
Msg: 22
Posted: 8/30/2005 3:38:17 PM
What is the matter with him? Hopefully he's just a harmless drunk. Potentially, he's dangerous.

Totally ignore this guy. Don't answer his calls. Get rid of him.
 jimi77
Msg: 23
Posted: 8/30/2005 4:51:42 PM
I think the real question you should ask your self is why dosent he want to spend more time with you? this could be something that plays out in any other realtionships you have.. then again it could just be him..

I was in a situation just like this and i LOVED the girl to death.. even would have died for her.. but when ever we spent time at her house... BORING! we did the same things and it was routine.. not that i did not love spending time with her .. but i felt.. damn at least at my house i have cable, games, things we can do together..at her house.. 4 chanels or nothing on.. and that was it.. we ate, had sex and went to sleep..
 bucsgirl
Msg: 24
Posted: 8/30/2005 4:55:04 PM
Geez, I have an ex boyfriend JUSt like that....loves to call me when he's drunk. Sometimes, it's a 3PM and I'm at work!!! Gee, wonder why I broke up with him...???
Sounds like the behavior of an alcoholic...I'd ditch him and suggest he join AA. He's being persistent with you because he's in denial about his behavior.
 Frrosty
Msg: 25
Posted: 8/30/2005 4:55:54 PM
Sounds like he wants you for convenience, tell him to go smoke a pole

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Why are Some Men So Ignorant?