Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to be middle age and find true love?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 greeneyed_brunette
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Is it possible to be middle age and find true love?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I'm not sure if other middle age men and women feel like I do, but I sometimes think I'll spend the rest of my life alone. There certainly isn't anything wrong with being alone, if that's your choice. But what about those of us who choose not to be alone, yet can't find anyone to build a relationship with. After all, most people my age are married. I know I'm feeling sorry for myself right now lol, but I felt like venting a little
 Firebirdz
Msg: 2
Is it possible to be middle age and find true love?
Posted: 9/2/2005 12:30:29 PM
So get out there girl,,,,,,,hunt him down.

Age has no boundries for happiness.
 Snow_7
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/2/2005 1:40:26 PM
I am confident that you can find love at any age, but it won't come banging on your door, if you don't get out there and make contact with people it is pretty hard to meet the right person.
What gives me faith is that my father found his ('scuse the term) Soulmate (yes it's true!) at the age of 48 and spent the last 8 years of his life very happily in love with her. My pop was a kind of boney, not so goodlooking beer drinking eccentric. His lady love is very eccentric and I really feel for her because my pop is gone from her now (died) and I think it will be near impossible to find another person so perfect for her.
Also my mother found and married a man in her late 40's and they are still happily married. He is 20 years younger than her, (two years older than me) but the love seems very strong and both are happy.
It is all about keeping a healthy and confident outlook, not being obsessed, and keeping your standards high. If you compromise then you will end up with the wrong person. My opinion anyway, for what it is worth.
 jamminjerry33
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/2/2005 1:44:52 PM
i have my sanity and life bet on it! LOL unfortunately for me i have set some "boundaries" on the next gal. i was married to a short fluffy blond and therefore, i have no desire to go back to either one! LOL
 ksue44
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:16:19 PM
Absolutely, falling in love and being in love can happen any time and any place.

Green - I hear your frustration, I'm 49 years young. My age range for the men that I'm seeking are ages 40-54. Unfortunately, far too many men in that category are seeking someone around their mid 30's or so. Yet those women are saying the 50 year old guys are too old! Go figure. I know I'm not dead, in fact I'm very much alive and well!
On the other hand, I'm reluctant to date someone that is 55+ yrs because most of those fellas do act "old" and don't want to do anything.

It is catch 22 but don't give up, just think of it as climbing a hill. The main thing about dating is to keep it simple and have fun!
 themaven
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:31:51 PM
ksue, I know what you are saying. My daughter is 26 and is constantly being hit on by men my age...which is what she says....hey....you are my mothers age. Sure it doesnt do for their ego what hitting on her was soliciting. Still ultimately I find most men in that age group are trying to hook up with younger women....sure it makes them feel good and nothing I could possibly do to compete with that. So I don't.

Getting out there is also the best advice, although I know that I spend a heck of a lot of time doing stuff by myself that would be more fun to do with someone else. And amazingly while you are out bike riding alone....don't meet a lot of people unless perhaps you are stopped at the beach for a water break or something. Just the odds of chatting it up become slimmer when engaged in an activity. I can only do the bar/club thing rarely...just don't get in to the energy and don't want to meet a booze hound.

Green I can also relate to those thoughts that maybe you might never meet someone again. I sometimes wonder if it is because we are all looking for that "wonderlust" you know that pounding, racing heart when they enter the room, that can't get them out of my head no matter what I am doing...to the point of swimming into the wall of the pool.....that kind of thing? Who knows...maybe we do never experience that again in life..maybe that is reserved for the young. I like to think that it could happen.....sort of keeps us all going....that we might experience that again. Nice to know that they would be reliable too...as we get older.......Wow....I will try not to let the doubt override the mind!
 paul7313
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/2/2005 3:49:30 PM
I sure hope so, I too am middle aqged and looking, I don't want to think I am wasting my time
 fishbill
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:04:24 PM
My current GF said she "had given up hope" of falling meeting a good guy let alone falling in love. We get that mood sometimes, On the other hand, she only dumped her ex BF 5 years ago, so, I dont think she was that worried. maybe its worse for women, us guys think we are never gonna get laid soon enough!
 themaven
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:13:39 PM
And for women, no matter how ugly or old we are....never seems to be a problem getting "laid". It is the substance that is hard to find...hehehehehe
 Scream1969
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/2/2005 4:51:47 PM
Well, here's the thing greeneyed. Almost half the people your age are NOT married. They have either never married (small percentage), or they're divorced (divorce rate in Canada is about 35% last time I checked). Hell, look at 75% of the people on this site. They're all looking for a second or third shot at "true love". If it weren't for the divorced people, this site wouldn't exist.

So there ya go. As a society, our combined inability to make a marriage last forever leaves a lot of eligible people out there, same age as you, in the same situation as you. That's the silver lining to the divorce rate cloud.

Twisted? Nah. Just reality. Take heart and keep looking.

Oh, and if you want an even better chance, move to the US. Their divorce rate is pretty close to 50%.

/might as well laugh as cry
 Ronnie411
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:13:24 PM
a bit off topic...but what exactly is considered middle age these days?? Curious..
 Scream1969
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:20:46 PM

a bit off topic...but what exactly is considered middle age these days?? Curious..

I refuse to answer on the grounds that it may piss some middle-aged people off.
 themaven
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:25:14 PM

well I guess you have to take a life expectancy and kinda find the middle.....
 GeorgieLeopard
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:25:16 PM
I'm absolutely possitive it can and does happen every day. The only thing stopping you is you!
 Ronnie411
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:31:09 PM
If I'm half dead, that makes me middle aged....oh, happy times!!!...
 fishbill
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:34:07 PM
What if there was a rule that you are supposed to get married for life to one person? Oh, really...maybe, instead of worrying about finding "another one" just GO WITH THE FLOW, have fun, HELP THE HELPLESS, and let that be our spiritual reward, thats what I did for past 10 years, and just have casual sex in between. I recommend anal.
 sassyc1960
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/2/2005 5:49:33 PM
ABSOLUTELY it is possible to find true love!
I won't accept anything less... I refuse to! And
age doesn't have anything to do with it. I officially
turned "middle aged" a few weeks ago {since I intend
to live to at least 90!} {LOL} and I will keep searching
until I find the one who is right for me...the one who I
am right for. Everyone feels the lonliness and the pain
of being without that special someone in their life, but
don't give up hope! ! And don't EVER compromise and
accept less than the best for you! You are a wonderful
person and you have so much to give.... they don't even
know how much! So get out there and find your fish and
knock his socks off! ...or his fins off! or his... oh never mind!
Just get out there!
 Talitha001
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 6:37:36 PM
God...I hope so!!!! Or I`ve been wasting alot of time!!! LOL
 indigo rose
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:11:14 PM
omg am I middle aged? When did this happen?
 Doc Sage
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:17:39 PM
^^^^You can't be middle age. You are but, what, 30 something.

Doc

P.S. True love must exist for us experience folks. Right?
 OnTheBus
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:37:54 PM
with the power

Of Soul

Everything is

Possible
 Roadkingn06
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:46:56 PM
I plan on being immortal so when I get to middle age I'll let you know in about 550 years. after my childhood is well on its way.
 Roadkingn06
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:48:25 PM
ksue
I love your philosophy quote
I hope to live by it.
 meowmix
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/2/2005 7:54:13 PM
dont you go and give up, he!!, ill be 80 years old and chasing men in my wheel chair at the nursing home!

the good thing is, they wont be able to run away so fast then.

MM
 smokehse
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/3/2005 3:53:58 PM
some times i feel the same way
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Is it possible to be middle age and find true love?