Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Most Romantic Experiences      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Curvy
Msg: 1
Most Romantic Experiences Page 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
I attended the Super Dog show yesterday at the PNE and witnessed a marriage proposal. The place was packed. A lady was pulled from the audience and asked to assist in the ring by handing out bandanas when staff brought her some the host said she needed to open one as it seemed to have something in it. So she opens it up and the host is like "What do we have here? A Engagement ring" The lady began to cry and tada out comes her man, he gets down on one knee and with the mic in hand asks her to marry him. It was sweet...

I love hearing about romantic ideas, encounters etc. You can even describe a romantic idea you want to make happen or have happen to you. Spill Peeps!

Oh ya btw she said "YES" ofcourse.
 Curvy
Msg: 2
Most Romantic Experiences
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:41:28 AM
Wow ... seriously peeps, none of you have had any Romantic Experiences?
 bobita
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:42:17 AM
:o(
no
 who_the_fox
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:44:07 AM
um no...most emphatically NOT
 Anima Bella
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:44:13 AM
I dont know if others would think of this as romantic but I did...my ex knew I had always wanted to go to Disneyland so he talked to my boss without me knowing, got time off work for me and surprised me with tickets for my birthday, had everything set up and off we went
 Curvy
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:52:22 AM
Yes Bella thats totally romantic. I did something like that for my ex hubb on our 1 year Wedding Anniversary had a note there waiting for him at our apartment asking him to meet me at Harrison Hot Springs for a all expenses paid rendezvous. Bag packed his favorite beer in the fridge and all he had to do was show up. All his family and his boss was in on it. Not quite as grand of scale as Disneyland though lol. But he was very moved.
 pixEchick
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/6/2005 8:54:06 AM
My best friend did the same thing for her husband for his b-day...tickets to montreal to watch car racing or something. Those kinda things are my kind of romance...lol
 Anima Bella
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:16:37 AM
yeah i thought so he also proposed to me in english bay but took it back the next day ...not soo romantic
 nrk
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:23:48 AM
what? took it back???
 Anima Bella
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:25:35 AM
ummm yeah i think it was the alcohol talking wow i felt like a loser
 Curvy
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:26:01 AM
Yeah what NRK said???
 nrk
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:26:36 AM
yeah...no kidding, eh? way to make a gal feel special!

...like the time a highschool boyfriend said to me..."remember the other day, when I hated you?"

DORK!
 CountryChick66
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:27:52 AM
I watched that proposal on the news on Sunday....Way cool
 pixEchick
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:28:40 AM
haha...my first boyfriend in high school told me he loved me then took it back a week later
 Anima Bella
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:29:47 AM
I'm glad im not the only one
 Curvy
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:36:09 AM
lol ya Country we were all kinda stunned, and ofcourse the women were all welling up lol Bunch a sucks we are. It was very sweet.
 nrk
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:40:24 AM
haha...sorry to pull your thread off topic Curvy...I will think about it at work today and see if I can come up with a romance story....surely I have ONE somewhere in my memory banks!
 FRÊCKLËS~JÕ~®
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/6/2005 9:45:02 AM
I have 2..
long long ago... I was traveling in the middle east.. my fiance and I were in Cairo... we snuck back to the pyramids... and slept there for the night... made passionate love all night and then again in the Early morning.. Spinx in the back ground and a awesome sunrise..... sighhhhhhhhhhh really romantic!!!

for my Ex's b day I did the scavanger hunt..he had to go and pick up flower's, champane ,roses, chocolate... etc...
when he arived at the hotel room... grrrrrrr he was in a pissy. mood.... GRRRRR blew 500.00 for nothing. hmmmmmmmm now he a Ex... can't imagine why..........lmao
 pepsii01
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:01:31 AM
laying on the beach in mauritius at 3 in the morning with a very special woman watching the full moon's light dancing across the ocean as it sunk over the horizon....SIGH !!
 duxnsuds
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:14:09 AM
well my first kiss ever was romantic, i went to the coast for a summer vacation (i was in my teens), my cousin and i snuck out of the house at midnight, and took off to White Rock with his friends.....and my cousin's friend kissed me at sunrise on the pier. *sigh*
 puurdy guurl
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:33:18 AM
okay, okay...i'll spill one that i've had men tell me they get weepy over....

my marriage proposal.

and no matter what that guy ever did or does...he's still got the potential to be the most romantic man out there.

we met online discussing scuba diving. he was in ontario, and i, in B.C. he emailed about 7 people just inquiring about diving, employment in the field, etc. i was the only person who had bothered to reply at all. we got talking, all legit, and on topic. it continued, getting more friendly, more personal, saw eachother through break ups on both sides, now both single, still chatting, musing about starting up a scuba diving merchandising company...it was great. finally we were certain we had fallen in love. he came out, spent the weekend, i got pregnant...i believe most of you have met my E-baby...Streaker. anyhow, my guy was informed i was preggers, and plans to move out were expedited.

this was fresh after my mom had passed away, so my dad and i had planned to go on our trip to great britain when it was all over...so here i am, in wales, 3 months plump, and when we return, my guy is there, been house sitting for 2 weeks.

i was laying in bed, and he turns on the tv. it's a video of underwater.
"what's this?", i ask. "just watch...." he tells me.
so there he is, swimming around the rocks with a flashlight....someone else had been taping him. he's scouting around, looking along the ocean floor....he comes around a corner, and then he looks at the camera with some excitement, and flags to come in closer....
pointing to something shimmering in the water, sitting on the rocks, the camera man zooms in and just then, it focusses on a little treasure chest.
a flashlight inside it, reflecting off glass beads, and looking so intriguing.
my guy goes over to the chest, and pulls a diver's writing slate out from beneath it, and holds it up to the camera.
WILL YOU MARRY ME

here i am, laying in bed, morning sickness, and crying...holy emotional. i look at him, and while i was watching the video, he had smoothly pulled the very same little chest out from underneath the bed...now filled with candy jewels, love beads, big toy rings, and things. in the middle is my wedding ring in the box....

He would have proposed underwater but being pregnant, i couldn't dive...this was how he got around that.tell me that isn't beautiful.
 pixEchick
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:36:13 AM
wow puurdy...i thought things like that only happened in movies.

that is possibly the most 'real life' romantic thing i've ever heard
 Longbow1958
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:41:03 AM
I took my ex out for dinner one night. We had the little 'pagoda' at the Coquitlam Inn, that's off to the side of the dining area. We had a really nice meal and some wine. After dinner, the waiter brrought her her dessert and I had had the room key put in with it.
Her overnite bag was already in the room, and the her kids were at their father's for the weekend, so needless to say, we had a very very late nite that nite.
 duxnsuds
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2005 10:41:17 AM
wow puurdy....that's all i have to say.....wow!!
 X™
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/6/2005 11:07:24 AM
oo my ex proposed to me *don't seem so suprised*

we were at dinner and she actually got it printed on the menu

house special ....one girl,one man *flex* , nothing needed to be added except a dash of love and for you to simply say yes..................................................................1.30 haha they actually charged me 1 dollar
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > Most Romantic Experiences