Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why does a 22 year old man want to date a 46 year old woman      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 gaylestorm1958
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Why does a 22 year old man want to date a 46 year old womanPage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Had an interesting chat. He's 22, I'm 46. Someone explain why he would want to date someone my age?
 Dolphin8755
Msg: 2
Why does a 22 year old man want to date a 46 year old woman
Posted: 9/7/2005 7:44:48 AM
Because your an attractive woman with lots to offer any man, regardless of age!

Deb.
 THEGARDENFAIRY
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2005 7:49:22 AM
HI, I had to giggle reading your question...
Come on sister..
Haven't you heard?
Older women are a fantasy for these guys. They want to learn from us.
and..
He probably thinks you are hot.
Play with your little boy toy.. but don't get attached..
They, with the exception of a few, always end up with a younger woman in the end.
But what the helll!! Have fun..!!!
Have a great day!
 RARE_FIND
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/7/2005 7:54:36 AM
Maybe it is that he can not find someone that will have him in or around his own age and figures that with you he might get lucky.....???? And interestingly enough there are some ladies your age and older that give guys like this the...."so what are you doing tonight" look.
I have even bumped into a few females on POF that are in there 30's and they want boy toys in there late teens and early 20's. As for it being love...come on we are all to old to have
the wool pulled over our eyes at this point in our lives......at least I hope so...

Reasons...pick one..anyone. But I have heard of guys that age looking for people in our age area as we have the sexual experiance, and as I have heard one talk about it last year, they make great sex teachers as they will tell you, you are doing it wrong and how to do things.
Or at least that was what this guy was saying to his bud while I was within ear shot of all this.
 squirrly
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/7/2005 7:54:50 AM
either that or they think older women are more desperate and easier to get into their panties?
 79dude
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:02:05 AM
yeah, i'd say he probably wants to bang you
 smokehse
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:03:11 AM
but then you could be wrong maybe this guy is genuine and further more what has age got to do with it

lol
 Dr_Malcolm
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:04:30 AM
I'm a younger guy (20), it's commoin for us to try go get along with women who are older than us, it's not that we think older women are desperate, it more that we feel there's much for us to learn, that and given the experience likely involved learning woud be fun. though there are some guys who want either money or someone to look after them, some will want just sex and the there are the guys who genuinely are attracted to older women (like me, of the 6 times I've falled in my life 4 of them were older than me, so i #7 but not by much).

Gayle you need to learn more about this guy before you decide, chat with him some more, don't just listen to what he says but how he says it, that's where you'll find your answers.
 squirrly
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:06:50 AM
@the_chattel_king

you are 20 and you have been in love 6 times in your life???? And how much older were they? Did you really expect to have a long term relationship with them?? *enquiring minds want to know*
 nembatha
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:14:58 AM
ever heard of a milf
 Dr_Malcolm
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:18:00 AM
I worded that vaguely on purpose (gotcha), none of them were that much older than me, the biggest age gap between me and a girl was about 2 years. Here starts the list:

1. I was 10, she was about 2 weeks younger.
2. I was 15, she was about 6 months older.
3. I was 18, she was about 2 years older.
4. I was 19, she was 26 days older.
5. I was 19, she was about 2 months older.
6. I was 20, she was about 2 years younger.
7. See number 4, same girl, but she's more mature now and I get more signals from her than the first time around.

These are just the times I've fallen, I'm not listing crushes though they generally fal into the same age range as my list of 'fallen for', most often when a guy goes for an older woman it's the MILF phenomenon in action again. I have messaged older women on this site, some crushes but I never got to really know any of them so they never got onto the fallen list.

I don't really see a problem with an age-gap, actually I havean easier time getting along with older people than I do with most of my generation so it kind makes some twisted sense in my case.
 whyscracker
Msg: 12
young and old
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:20:20 AM
well, why does a 22 year old female want to date a 46 yo man? I've seen that, and it was love. Why a practical boy interested in a middleaged man, truly, if the guy wasn't such an abominable cad, they'd still be together after three years, the *boy* was in love. I'm struggling with a 23 yo and a 19 yo, they each are doing the whole mooncalf thing on me, and my children in general have noticed that the men more likely to notice me are barely men-and the only thing I know is that the girls their age couldn't be any easier, the are living in a generation that seems to have rewritten the book on sexual freedom. The guys say they are looking for something different from a woman, one of those things is a relationship with sexual monogamy-I haven't met too many younger women willing to be *owned* by a guy the way they think we accept being *owned*. The young men have complained to me that they want apple pie life and the sex too, bu the girls their age are always looking for something better, they want the hot guy with the good income ( usually only found with age) and they want to party with their gf's all night. I ask them why they think I'm so different? The main difference between me and the younger women is the mothering quality-not that they don't have the potential, they just aren't habitually motherly in their ways, and each young man who was interested in me has been a man in need of a mommy for great lack of one in the past. Actually, sadly, the older males interested in me frequently suffer from the same need. I was thinking that it would probably be less annoying to be constantly encouraged (pushed?) into being motherly with a man younger than me, than with one older, and then, that moment comes when I realize their limited experience leaves very little to relate to.

Lessee, a young man with wide and varied experience, can spell, and doesn't need a mommy but would be crazy about me anyway? I don't see it. For me, relating to a guy like that would have to be about sex, if I became very fond of him, then I'd probably just think of him as my son and then that would ruin everything.

Jeannie
 blackcamaro80
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:22:22 AM
sometimes they just want someone to talk with someone that is a little more stable. its not always about sex.
 gaylestorm1958
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:38:57 AM
Very interesting answers. I don't want to date my "son" This guy is educated and does not need a mommy and has been told no expectations. He keeps persuing me. It is very flattering. I agree playing is fun but, his emotions could be hurt. 10 years younger I can understand but 24 that's not something I am sure about and he is not the first. The majority of men I get e-mails from are in their 20's.
 gaylestorm1958
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:49:04 AM
no I haven't educate me. I have been off the market for 20 years
 gaylestorm1958
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:58:11 AM
what is milf? And I get plenty of sex so I am not desperate.
 squirrly
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/7/2005 8:58:17 AM

majority of men I get e-mails from are in their 20's.

I can relate to that. I am thinking that the men in our age group are looking for 20's too tho! I agree with you that 10 yrs...even 15....can be ok depending on the guy's maturity but when they are the same age as my daughters I have to draw the line!
 smokehse
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:32:04 AM
milf = Mother I Like to F****
 :
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:39:02 AM
Love him for making you feel young never accidentally patronize him if/when he makes you feel old. Age is an ilusion, I say go for it and keep your fingers crossed. As long as you can avoid Freud's mother son thing I should say your in the clear, good luck, be careful!
 gaylestorm1958
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2005 9:41:36 AM
Thanks and Freud was a nut case who justified things to fit his illusions
 indigo rose
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/7/2005 11:01:25 AM
why ask why?
 Dr_Malcolm
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/7/2005 11:04:25 AM
Indigo, I must say you sound fun...

Like I said earlier, don't dismiss him out of hand but give him half a chance, not a whole chance (not up front anyway), if he wants more than sex he'll have to work his way up fom the kids' table, know what I mean?
 gaylestorm1958
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2005 1:13:03 PM
And work he'd have to do! Sex has not entered the picture as of yet. And I wouldn't call him a boy. He is a man with real emotions and very hot. Just something new to me and am enjoying all the straight up advice.
 Dr_Malcolm
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/7/2005 1:42:26 PM
If that's what you think of him then why not make a little move, not a big one, give him a little nudge so he knows that he should be ready to step things up.
 gaylestorm1958
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/7/2005 6:14:52 PM
who knows what will happen. I have enjoyed all the info and I think I will go ot with him. And if nothing else enjoy the time. Thanks everyone!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Why does a 22 year old man want to date a 46 year old woman