Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Good qualities of your EX......lets hear it      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 carribeanking7
Msg: 1
Good qualities of your EX......lets hear itPage 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
I have noticed that EX's are often demonized as evil,good for nothing etc etc.....

Yet we at one time had something going , married them or even had children together....
so before things went sour...what were the qualities that drew us to them.......?

I'll go first....

1) Honesty
2) Simplicity
3) She loved animals.........& would not tolerate people who were cruel to them.
4) natural beauty...never wore make up...or if she did on special occasions only..
5) sexually experimental.....we had an awesome sex life....(while it lasted...LOL)

Your turn.....come on you can do it................
 RedHeadedAngel
Msg: 2
Good qualities of your EX......lets hear it
Posted: 9/10/2005 2:04:14 AM
Hey, I can write for hours, literally, on what were my husband's good qualities, some of which he still possesses, and some of which appear to be gone for good.

1. He was (and still is) one of the smartest guys I ever met.
2. HYSTERICALLY funny, especially when he's on a roll.
3. A quiet-but-intense passion.
4. Dog-lover
5. Stable
6. Generous and giving, by nature
7. Awesome in bed
8. Great, "I don't care what other people think of me" attitude
9. Nurturing and supportive
10.Devoted to family

Numbers 1 and 2, I still get that benefit...since we're still friends. He appears to have lost numbers 5, 6, 9, and 10 somewhere along his way...and you'll have to ask his girlfriend about numbers 3 and 7, these days. He still likes dogs, but just can't handle the responsibility of owning one anymore. And he's managed to elevate number 8 to a WHOLE new level.

But he's still a great guy...still my closest friend. I'd still have his back in a heartbeat, and in spite of our "recent history," I'd defend him to the end. He's just got issues.
 Northwind
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/10/2005 2:09:36 AM
Very Attractive
Had at least a couple of common interests in lifestyle
Independent & Driven
Intelligent
Witty
 Fcukmeplease
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/10/2005 4:36:50 AM
Cooking
 Country Lady
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:51:23 AM
I guess we're defning EX as the last long term relationship that didn't make it (so I'll pick my first husband instead of my second who died)

He was extremely intelligent and funny and we could talk for hours. He was handy at a number of projects when he put his mind to it. He did a lot of volunteer work with kids. He had an inner strength that could be very supportive at times.
 HRPandora
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:53:20 AM
He's a good dad.
He's musical.
He was fairly quick-witted.

Um.....

Well, the reason I married him was because I was young, he was older, and I was looking for someone who had been "out there" doing big, grownup things like having jobs and doing taxes and stuff. But once we got married, within 5 months I had to shoulder all that responsibility. So having a hard time thinking of much else because he wasn't what I thought.
 wannameetcha
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:53:44 AM
Three magnificent children
And best of all she's gone. Now there's a trait.
 Mscyber
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:56:06 AM
He loved children, was open minded, thoughtful, very attentive.
 Thudpucker
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/10/2005 5:56:28 AM
I’m sure she had some good qualities.

1. She was beautiful! She looked like a young Elizabeth Taylor, and
2. She looked, um, well, um, like a young Elizabeth Taylor, and
3. She, um, looked like a young Elizabeth Taylor,
4. and, um, she . . . .

Get the drift?
 longte
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:28:03 AM
She had everything
We had everything
 me worry?
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:37:07 AM
I used to know a girl, ya and it was hubba hubba,dink dink dink, I said baby you got everything. A week later it was hubba hubba dink dink, donk, baby sure didn't last too long.
Tom Waits
My ex doesn't talk about me, so I don't talk about her, the past is the past. I would rather let it go.
 ladytrainer
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:41:22 AM
He had a great sense of humor, was always the first to laugh at himself, loved his children above all, and loved me no matter what.
 sal999
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:55:57 AM
Funny
very good looking
very smart
 Paradoxx
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:57:02 AM
He was an incredibly hard worker...could organize big jobs like a choreographed ballet.
He could kick behind on the job (foreman) and bring huge jobs in under budget. He just saved our school system $500,000 when he brought the new High School in under bid. there was an article in the local newspaper about it (not him...but the job being under bid). The school board is scrambling for ways to spend the overage. I always admired his work ethic and grumpy "get it done" no BS attitude. I'll admit it, I'm really proud of him.

He's a good Mr. Mom when he has the kids at his house.

me worry?
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/10/2005 6:58:27 AM
I 'd like to thank all my ex's for the kind words ^^^^^^^
 sammysalt
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:02:47 AM
I am still married, but my X's in the past....well they had one thing in common. Loved the way they looked at me, and some of the best kissers in the world. When I started to get to know them, found out thats all they had going for them, wasn't enough, but didn't hurt for awile. lol
 monday_maven
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:49:13 AM
- Super-talented and disciplined artist who killed it working in several areas: caricature, fine art drawing, painting and sculpture, and graphic design.
- Had such convincing love for his cats, that even I fell for them, too. (I'm not much of a cat person, otherwise.)
- Genuinely kind in spirit and action.
- Very, um, "giving."

And that's all I got to say 'bout my former!
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/10/2005 7:51:57 AM
Intellect, wit, work ethic and manners
 CountrySugar
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:01:58 AM
aww this is a nice post .. good idea king

1.) he was an awesome dancer
2.) he was gorgeous in an alan jackson sort of way
3.) he was witty
4.) had the best cowboy hiney i've ever seen
5.) and last but not least .. he had awesome taste in women

*snickers*
 biziedizie
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:03:59 AM
Excellent drive for money and getting ahead

Wonderful attitude while dealing with the business

She would mow the lawn and wash the cars
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:26:08 AM
He was funny and fun to be with. Plus, to this day, he is the ONLY man who has ever made my heart skip a beat when he kissed me, up to the last time we kissed before the divorce. I think that means I'm screwed for a future relationship :( But hey it's only been 3 yrs right?
 PepperStar
Msg: 22
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:36:39 AM
Hmmm...well, (1) he was one of the all time great flirts, which he proved by flirting with other women while I was out with him (2) he was a good dancer, which he proved by dancing with every attractive woman in the place when he took "me" dancing (3) He was a super liar, even when the truth was staring me in the face I still believed him (4) he was the ultimate con artist, he managed to take every one of his 5 wives for just about everything they had.
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:43:07 AM
Now pepper that's a bad girl....he said GOOD qualities...silly goose. ;)
 buzzingbee
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/10/2005 8:53:47 AM
adventurous ~ well travelled ~ hungry for knowledge ~ clever ~ charismatic ~ intellectual ~ generous ~ marvellous with children ~ man of integrity & a very very good lover.

bzzzzzzzz
 Angel_in_jeans
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/10/2005 9:03:32 AM
He was nice looking when we got together. We had this "you and me against the world" thing going on. Now, I know that's not healthy, but I was young and stupid then!
Best thing post break-up: He still sees the kids pretty much on a regular basis after 11 + years and they are about grown, 2/3 of them already moved out. That beats the Dads that walk away and never have time for their kids hands down! We have had our differences about parenting, for sure. But at least he takes an interest and the 2 that are grown now each lived with him for a period of time. I gotta admits, that rocks, not that they were gone away from me, but that he cared enough to let them into his home.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Good qualities of your EX......lets hear it