Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why are there so many men without photos..........      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 pastagirl
Msg: 1
why are there so many men without photos..........Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
hey guys how to you expect to get a date when you post no photo??? i was really interested in this one man. he lived close by and seemed so nice. we had so much in common. he finally e-mailed his pic..........omg i thought i was going to die. he claimed a few extra pounds, how about 250 extra pounds. please to all if you are really interested in dating, post your photo. i will not reply to a man without one now. he has something to hide i say.
 cavedude
Msg: 2
why are there so many men without photos..........
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:10:15 PM
You're funny
 brownsugarbabes
Msg: 3
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:31:23 PM
I agree with you also,as this site has the option to hide your pic on your profile.And only review it to the person your msging...

So when i get some men msging me on here, but claim that they cannot show me a pic on site because of there job. I'm like yeah right lol And when i first joined here, i used to ans some of the non pic men, that msg'd me.(wrong move) And i would then exchange email addys with them, for them to mail me their pic...

After about the sixith man, and from seeing there pic's lol... oh yeah and three of them, had the audacity to insult me purely because i wasn't intrested.. Even though i had the decency, to send them a courteous msg back, telling them i wasn't intrested

I'm now strictly no pic ,when your mailing me no thks ...
 SweetTreat
Msg: 4
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:35:52 PM
What irritates me is... when a man with no photo in profile emails me and ask, "Do you have any more pictures?" lol um...cough one up first..than we'll talk!
 Doc Sage
Msg: 5
Posted: 9/13/2005 6:45:50 PM
__No photos improve your odds for a date.
__Look at me. Good thing I am not looking for date. Who would go for a date with a mug like mine?

Doc
 Cokechick
Msg: 6
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:34:48 PM
I know by experience that even if they have a pic, doesn't necessarily mean it's really them!

And don't you love the ones that have been around POF for like 6 months but say they aren't technically savvy enough to put up a picture or don't have a digital camera.

Ya... right... NEXT!
 SweetTreat
Msg: 7
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:35:59 PM

I know by experience that even if they have a pic, doesn't necessarily mean it's really them!

And don't you love the ones that have been around POF for like 6 months but say they aren't technically savvy enough to put up a picture or don't have a digital camera.

Ya... right... NEXT!

I know..its weird tho how more women have photos than men you'd THINK it would be the other way around. And um how hard is it to take a picture..get it developed and put to disk...seriously!
 gtxblueyes
Msg: 8
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:47:33 PM
Lots of Frogs, and so few kisses!
 wiccked
Msg: 9
Posted: 9/13/2005 7:59:51 PM
i agree with pasta girl- they have something to hide like the fact that their wife may find out that he is on here looking for other women- but, then , why is she on here??? just food for thought! and EXACLLY how many pounds are a few extra??
 wiccked
Msg: 10
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:01:58 PM
made a slip on the keyboard!!!! exactly- not exaclly!!!!!
 ksue44
Msg: 11
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:07:02 PM
They are:
Ugly
Have something to hide - maybe a wife or a girlfriend in the closet
Technologically challenged and don't know how to operate a camera
Too cheap to have their pics taken
Under the age of 18
Undercover IRS Agents
 Cokechick
Msg: 12
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:07:31 PM
Hey wiccked, you have 15 minutes to edit your post. You can get your post deleted for writing two in a row. FYI.
 SweetTreat
Msg: 13
Posted: 9/13/2005 8:10:53 PM

Hey wiccked, you have 15 minutes to edit your post. You can get your post deleted for writing two in a row. FYI.

Really? I didnt know that...hrm.....
 wiccked
Msg: 14
Posted: 9/13/2005 9:08:51 PM
i didnt know that either- i was just trying to correct my spelling- wonder if pof could get a spell checker on here- i hate to spell things wrong but sometimes it happens-
 longte
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/13/2005 9:14:33 PM
It is very clear, that we do not have photos on show because

We are secret agents
We are hiding from the mob
We are hiding from the police
Our wives would not approve
Our boyfriends would not approve

See

All perfectly valid answers
 plentyofsnobbygirls
Msg: 16
Posted: 9/13/2005 9:29:25 PM
It's great..posting a photo upped my response rate from 1% to 1.5%
 longarm2
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/13/2005 9:30:39 PM
Most people fear rejection, but its ironic, not showing your pic gets you rejected in the first place usually.
 ferret_shui
Msg: 18
Posted: 9/13/2005 10:29:04 PM
Some people are just financially challenged, however if the email you the pic, they tend to be very self-conscious of what people think of them and say about them.
 iowaniceguy1
Msg: 19
Posted: 9/14/2005 12:28:32 AM
Some people think that other females will judge that person in picture. I think everyone should post their picture on here cause so that you know who you are talking to and what they look like without asking them what do you look like. Most of us hate being asked that question.
 plentyofsnobbygirls
Msg: 20
Posted: 9/14/2005 1:41:41 AM
I happen to agree though. who wants to waste time talking to someone that you can never be attracted too. while I won't ignore an e-mail from someone without pic, I will ask sooner than later to see one
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 21
Posted: 9/14/2005 2:45:57 AM
I think its one of three reasons. From what I've seen there are just as many women without pics. I don't see the harm in answering an email, but I would have to see one if we were to meet.
1. married
2. self esteem issues
3. privacy issues
 kitchensink
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 9/14/2005 5:38:21 PM
I can't speak for other men but personally, I have no problems putting mine up on my profile page. I think it helps give other people a better idea of who they're speaking to and you can put a face to a personality. Just my two cents.
 CinnamonCat
Msg: 23
Posted: 9/14/2005 6:59:15 PM
Cavedude said:
You're funny

Cavedude has the BEST photos on his profile!
 camerin
Msg: 24
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:27:54 PM
99% of the time they have something to hide..that's why.. married/fugly/opposite sex/players..take your pic(k) lol... I used to give people the benefit of the doubt but after three nasty "surprises".. nope.. No more timewasters like that.. Only once did the guy have a valid reason.. he was an undercover cop (Seriously!! Turns out he worked with a cop I used to work with .. )
 CountIbli
Msg: 25
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:41:47 PM
Looks don't matter. It's what's on the inside that counts. That's what women constantly tell us. So, why should I put up a pic? You women aren't shallow by any chance, are you?
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > why are there so many men without photos..........