Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: Picture Uploading How to and Issues      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 markus
Msg: 1
view profile
History
FAQ: Picture Uploading How to and IssuesPage 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)

QUICK ANSWERS
(Instructions to upload pictures are further down past the quick answers)

NOTE Regarding New Picture Size Minimums
1. Your Image must now be 200*300 pixels as the minimum size and either the width or the height has to be at least 300 pixels.

Can we mail them in and have POF put it on our profile?

Sorry, we don't have the resources to handle these requests.

What are the guidelines for a profile picture?

ALL pictures MUST contain a recent picture of You in it with a visible head shot at a minimum. Full length or partial shots are acceptable as long as you are recognizable.

Images must be in JPG, BMP or GIF format.
Images must NOT contain any nudity or offensive material.
Images must NOT contain cartoons or celebrities.
You can upload a maximum of 8 images.
If images are too large (5+ MB), they may not upload properly.

If you're not in them, they will be eventually removed along with your upload rights in you continue to upload non compliant pictures.

Why Were My Images Deleted

Moderators will not know the specific reason, however suffice it to say that either you did not follow the rules above or on the Image Upload page, or for one of the reasons found in the following threads:

Technical Picture Requirements
Unacceptable Profile Pics
Reporting & deleting Main Images
Recognizable Headshot Criteria
Profile Pics: What not to do

Uploading non-compliant images will result in your picture upload privileges being revoked or your account deleted.

How do I delete an image?

To delete an image click on 'Delete Image' beside your photo.

How do I attach private/hidden pictures to my messages?

Once you’ve written your mail message you’ll see your photos displayed at the bottom of the screen. Simply check the boxes beside the photos you’d like to send and your message will contain whatever you’ve selected.

How do I get a picture on my computer?

Go to your local kinko's or whatever photo processing company is in your city and ask them to scan it in for you and email it to yourself. This will cost you about a $1.00

What if my photos are on a disk or in my email account?

Save the image from your disk or email account by 'right clicking' on the image with the mouse, clicking on save as, and save as a JPG image on your desktop; then proceed to upload your image to your plentyoffish.com account

What if there is no browse/upload button?

a) You have already uploaded a maximum of 8 images to your profile.
b) Your picture upload privileges have been revoked because you uploaded non-compliant images to your profile.

Why do I see some profiles with more than 8 pictures?

In early 2005, the limit was lowered from 16 to 8. Profiles with more than 8 got to keep them but can't add/change them. (Pics 9-16 can be deleted but can't be replaced)

Why was my picture deleted? There wasn't any nudity!

PoF's Terms of Service also limit the use of copyrighted images (including cartoons), and images 'borrowed' from the internet.

I have less than 8 pictures. Why can't I add more?

If pics were removed from your profile by the automatic system or manually by the administrator, your profile may have lost its picture-uploading privileges.

I still can't upload any Images. What else could be wrong?
Summary/Image Issues Troubleshooting

How do I submit a picture?

1. Login to plentyoffish.com

2. Click on the Images link in the top POF Menu bar.

3. You will see two methods of uploading pictures, the first is a Flash based uploader and the second method for less experienced users will simply look like the following:

When you click on browse, you will see a dialogue box pop up that shows you your PC's file directories - from there you will have to manually navigate to where the pictures are stored on your drive and then select an image.

Unacceptable Images - Click hereTechnical Picture Requirements
    Unacceptable Profile Pics
    Reporting & deleting Main Images
    Recognizable Headshot Criteria
    Profile Pics: What not to do
    Uploading non-compliant images will result in your picture upload privileges
    being revoked or your account deleted

4. Click the ‘Browse’ button in order to find your image on your disk/computer.

5. Once you’ve selected the image from your computer, you then have the option of having it appear on your profile publicly or privately by clicking on the drop down menu button directly to the right of the Browse Button.

6. Then click on the "UPLOAD NEW IMAGE" button.

7. Once the upload is complete, you will see the image on your list

8. Click on Update Image Settings at the bottom of the page and you're done.

9. If the image was in the process of uploading, and it did not complete - try again, if it still doesn't upload, try at a different time other than peak traffic times.

10. If you want to change or hide or delete a picture, click on the IMAGES link at the top of your page, and then when presented with your list of pictures, click on the appropriate box beside your picture, that denotes whether to make it available for display and if you want to make it your main or to delete it, then click on the UPDATE IMAGES button at the bottom of the page.

If you're using the POF app on your cell phone, follow the menu to Images and it will be self explanatory.

Further details:Images: Add/Change/Delete Images

Important Note

If you've gone through steps 1-8 (scroll up)and you're still having difficulty - please tell us where in the process you experienced problems, or if there are any messages on the screen.

Simply telling us that you couldn't upload your picture doesn't help us much - It's like taking your car to the mechanic and telling him/her "My car won't go". Help us with a more descriptive post.

Picture privilges removed by the site? eMail crs@pof.com with your understanding that you've read the posted rules and realize that you must have a recent photo of yourself in every picture.

Please post any difficulties you are experiencing in this thread or email csr@pof.com.

gopherbroak
Msg: 3
Image Problems
Posted: 6/1/2009 5:51:34 PM
how do i delete profile image???
 bubba3232
Msg: 4
Image Problems
Posted: 9/20/2010 8:08:21 PM
One of my pics got Deleted. Which is NOT OK, AND the system Won't Let Me ADD. How do I get this fixed? Thanks for any help.

WHAT are you talking about my pics is NOT (nudity, bare torsos, cartoons, celebrities, trademarks, or joke pictures ) (IT Shows my FACE)???????????????? ( SAME HERE) THERE Was Nothing Wrong With My Pic. it was a Profile PIC TOO. Now I'm Having A Hard Time Uploading Another Pic TOO. Help Me Resolve This..................................

This is the second time you've posted this question, and were given the following response

-----------------------------------------

Note the first requirement under the rules on the Image Upload page ?

ALL pictures must contain you in them - pictures 2 and 3 DO NOT - fix that situation first.

ALL means ALL - not some.

Additionally remove the 3 other profiles attached to your account - one profile per registrant.

guitarfun
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Image Problems
Posted: 2/16/2011 8:08:30 PM
Trying to post a picture please can i email it to you

Go to the first post in this thread and read the section titled:

"QUICK ANSWERS"

Your answer(s) will be there.

radadventuretime
Msg: 6
view profile
History
How to Upload Your Images/Pics/Pictures - Instructions and Problem Solving
Posted: 8/5/2011 3:35:08 PM
Hi, i am having trouble uploading pics. I have created a new account but every time i try to upload a picture the upload button says "upload disabled". I am doing this from my phone but have never had any issues uploading pics with my previous POF account. Please help!
 ROBERTMARINO
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 8/7/2011 11:53:02 PM
It's almost three AM and must get some sleep,, tomorrow will locate or take a picture and log back in to upload same. Please save all the work I have put into your files.
Robert Marino "TURBO"
 micl3727
Msg: 8
view profile
History
srewed photo uploading system...
Posted: 8/8/2011 12:55:20 AM
I have tried everything to upload new pics, including dropbox.

My photos are in complete compliance with your specs for file size, pixel dimensions, etc.

But no can do, even though I am quite computer literate. I only get error messages.

Please don't send my a drop down menu of "suggestions" that are the same as what you have already posted on your site, as they are totally useless.

Send me real answers that work,,,ok????

As I stated earlier, this is a free site, and one gets what they pay for. And in your case, apparently nothing.

I want you to tell me exactly how I can post new pics, even as I have already used your system exactly as per your "directions".

Your reputation is at stake...

Michael Weiss....

UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 9
Posted: 8/8/2011 3:48:35 AM

Important Note

If you've gone through steps 1-8 (scroll up)and you're still having difficulty - please tell us where in the process you experienced problems, or if there are any messages on the screen.

Simply telling us that you couldn't upload your picture doesn't help us much - It's like taking your car to the mechanic and telling him/her "My car won't go". Help us with a more descriptive post.

Please post any difficulties you are experiencing in this thread.

Perhaps you could let the Mods know what type of error messages happen and at what point in the procedure.

You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

Good luck.
 eastwood26
Msg: 10
Posted: 8/8/2011 7:13:23 PM
hi i had a photo of me at work in a red singlet it was on there for months i accidently deleted it and know it wont let me upload it to put it back on in my images
 looker569
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Image Problems up loading
Posted: 8/10/2011 11:11:32 AM
I have tried 17 times to upload and it keeps rerun's same thing it doesnt know what i want to put up....each time I hit Browse it takes me to my files pictures Life cam etc then here we go again....i belonged to 2 different dating services and used ther same picture.....your turn
 blue eyes_
Msg: 12
Image Problems up loading
Posted: 8/13/2011 6:07:50 PM
Is anyone else tired of seeing pics that are sideways, blurry or DARK? Or taken by someone who thought the 45 degree angle gave them more room for the person in the shot. But it doesn't work when viewed on a computer screen because you can't tilt the monitor to look at them. Delete them and start over. We live in a modern technical world. Photo-taking devices are readily available. Use them properly.
 MissThickness615
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/15/2011 8:46:02 AM
I was given a option to upload pictures, I followed all rules. They are not nude pics and I still can't upload them from my phone and this is the same phn I uploaded all my pics with on here, what can I do?
 fffffffff
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 8/16/2011 8:53:47 PM
I had an image uploaded but i removed it so i could put a different one up but I no longer have the browse upload buttons. My previous image was just me standing near a sign at a festival. I have no errors or messages and i received no notice of non compliance either.

Any ideas? I've tried going through my browser settings and even tried different pc's and still no luck.

eMail csr@pof.com as your upload privileges have been removed by the site.

Henry32CH
Msg: 15
Image Problems
Posted: 8/17/2011 12:16:09 AM
Im unable to download pic
 -Drake
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 8/18/2011 5:10:47 PM
SAME..it should not be this hard..
 doris_karloff
Msg: 17
Posted: 8/20/2011 9:17:41 AM
I've tried half a dozen times today to upload a new pic.
It's a full head shot - nothing else in the pic, except me, face on.

It uploads, then a few minutes later, it disappears.
I've checked the box that "shows pic on profile"
And chose it as my main pic, which did happen - for about 5 minutes.

I've never had a problem before, and my browse button is still there, so no upload privileges revoked.

I'm stumped!
 doris_karloff
Msg: 18
Posted: 8/21/2011 1:53:48 AM
I just tried this again, in case it was some kind of glitch in the system, but no joy.

The pic uploaded, showed on my profile for a few minutes, then disappeared.

I have no idea why it's not working.
I'm off to try a different pic, one from the same batch as a current pic, to see if that makes any difference.
 doris_karloff
Msg: 19
Posted: 8/21/2011 4:23:57 AM
I have 8 images - NOW!

I didn't when I typed my post.

For some reason, I had to compress my most recent 2 uploaded pics.
Odd, since they were the same size, from the same camera, on the same settings as the other pictures posted.

Still, done now.
 doris_karloff
Msg: 20
Posted: 8/21/2011 6:16:46 AM
There always seems to be a recurring theme of sarcasm here in these "help" fora.

If you read my post, I said I'm off to try a different pic.
I did.
It took 2 minutes.

Thank you for your "help".
 Mysticp
Msg: 21
Posted: 8/22/2011 8:58:30 AM
I am unable to upload any pictures, regardless of size, content, etc... It just keeps telling me to log back in. I AM logged in, and have logged in/out many times and used 2 different browsers (Chrome and IE) and none of them work. Can you please help me?
 Rebeccag30
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2011 7:52:59 AM
i will try posting a picture soon.
 Vividd99
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2011 5:20:43 PM
Honestly ive had the same problem im sure this is an easy fix, they should just go back to the original or older ways of uploading...no flash BS..... ive tried EVERYTHING, even making and saving my pics to the correct perameters as someone just previously said. and the stupid page just keeps directing me on and on to the SAME page over n over with the SAME scroll down options of "why its not working"..... more help that that is needed.
 Vividd99
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2011 5:23:06 PM
somethings gotta be wrong, because i just tried posting the same exact picture after erasing it again, and it didnt work, then tried posting or uploading the same perameter size and shape picture as before and that didnt work.....
 Vividd99
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 9/2/2011 5:27:19 PM
Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /processimages/privateimages.aspx

This is what i keep getting after attempting to upload my newer pics and even when i attempt to upload older pics that had already been uploaded do not work....
 TastyandSoulful
Msg: 26
FAQ: Picture Uploading How to and Issues
Posted: 9/4/2011 10:51:06 PM
I tried to upload a new picture using your new system and my computer froze. Now, even though I logged out and then back in, it won't let me upload a picture no matter what I do. Something needs to be reset! Thanks, Jon
Show ALL Forums  > Plentyoffish Site/Suggestions/Help  > FAQ: Picture Uploading How to and Issues