Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > Mate1      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Rheanna
Msg: 1
Mate1Page 1 of 1    
This is an ok site.

http://www.mate1.com
 wolf37
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Mate1
Posted: 12/7/2004 1:44:39 PM
Well you might have thought it was ok but I never got much mail there or hits that is until I unsubscribed and then I get mail from them everyday, 2 and 3 times a day! I think it is a bad site and never could find anyone willing to take it beyond the site and actually meet in real life!
 markus
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Mate1
Posted: 12/7/2004 3:06:12 PM
sounds like some baiting scam. I see they are ranked highly but i have never heard of this site before?
 Rheanna
Msg: 4
Mate1
Posted: 12/7/2004 3:10:54 PM
I was on Y and happen to hit an Ad that site came up so it got me curious.
 Mate1
Msg: 5
Mate1
Posted: 12/21/2004 6:38:41 PM
I am one of the operators of Mate1. I didn't see anything in the forum rules against site operators posting here, so I hope its ok to address some of the issues raised in previous posts.

sounds like some baiting scam. I see they are ranked highly but i have never heard of this site before?

Before today I had never heard of PlentyOfFish, either.

We're a relatively new dating site. Mate1 went live in October of 2003 but we didn't start promoting the site until June/July of 2004. We're a bit surprised by the Alexa rankings ourselves. Alexa is notoriously inaccurate but its still surprising when we see ourslves ranked higher than sites we consider to be leagues above us.

We still definitely in the "beta testing" stage. Overall we feel we have a decent product, but we are not without our flaws. Currently there are three major flaws as we see it. We suffer from an extremely buggy chat client, which we hope to fix some time after the new year. Secondly, since we're free for women, we're fighting a constant battle with scammers from various developing nations who send hundreds, in some cases thousands, of messages looking for money. Lastly our automatic "matching" algorithims need a major overhaul. We even disabled the match mail we send out until we can make them more relevant.

Well you might have thought it was ok but I never got much mail there
or hits that is until I unsubscribed and then I get mail from them
everyday, 2 and 3 times a day! I think it is a bad site and never
could find anyone willing to take it beyond the site and actually
meet in real life!

Could you clarify what you mean by unsubscribe? Do you mean you removed your profile or you cancelled your paying membership? If you removed your profile that should have stopped all the messages right away. The only messages that could come 2 or 3 times a day, are the new mail notifications (and you can turn those off if you want). If you want me to look into the matter email me at abuse@mate1.com with your membership info. I'll give you a free month's membership (please remind me in the email about this thread).

I'll be happy to answer any other questions or problems anyone else is having. I'll also take gushing praise, but quite frankly I don't expect it.
 DrJJ1967
Msg: 6
Mate1
Posted: 4/23/2006 10:37:26 AM
Well, I can't speak of the relative honesty or effectiveness of the site, but I can say this. I have had a great deal of success on match.com (where I got my first date on the day I signed up), and yesterday signed up on both mate1 and plentyoffish. Today I got my first date from mate1, and I haven't had a single response or hit from plentyoffish. Admittedly, 24 hours or less is not a fair span of time for measuring plentyoffish, but I can say that already I have gotten a date from mate1.
 red271980
Msg: 7
Mate1
Posted: 5/24/2006 1:46:07 PM
THIS IS A O.K SITE BECAUES I MET STACI ON THIS ONE.
 zaphod.bb
Msg: 8
Mate1
Posted: 7/26/2006 9:03:23 AM
Yah and I met Judy.. but its definitely a scam site. :D Just lookup Mate1 and Online Ambassador. Or work at home :)

You dont need to be a rocket scientist to get you're head around it either.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Sites  > Mate1