Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 koss78a
Msg: 1
Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?Page 1 of 13    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13)
hello all women, would u ever date a guy or even marry one who is in military.
Who may have to go away overseas for months at time possible for workthings?

what are your thoughts
 figigirl95
Msg: 2
Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?
Posted: 10/8/2005 3:56:24 PM
Yes I would. My best friend he is in the Airforce and we have been friends for over 3 years. I have had to deal with him going on missions etc. Many girls look at military and they think cool but when it comes done to it they are I can't handle them going away. But my idea is you know what you are getting into and if you can't handle it them a military relationship is not for you.
 sammysalt
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/8/2005 3:59:11 PM
I am married so no. Alot of people do, because sometimes people that are leaving want someone to come home to. One can understand that. If the love of your life was going don't you want to know they have to return and see you again.
 HB2
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:02:39 PM
No...been there done that
 CountrySugar
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:05:03 PM
Ya huh if I fell inlove with a military man I'd marry him..

If I was attracted to one I'd date him...

so yeah..
 Sniper308
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:07:02 PM
I'd be more interested in a thread as to how many women could keep their legs together while their men were deployed... but you people carry on with this one.
 CountrySugar
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:13:15 PM
there are faithful people left in the world..just had to comment
 HB2
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:18:10 PM
Excuse me?!

Guess we know his opinion of women eh?

I never cheated when he was gone but he sure did and that has a lot to do with why I don't want another military man.
 leafslady
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:22:25 PM
Personally I would..But I'm a born and raised "military brat"..so I know what to expect.
There are alot of people ,though,who probably couldn'y handle the constant moving and deployment of spouses,so,to each ,thier own.
 -Horrible/Brazen-
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:26:30 PM
I was engaged to a Military man for a number of years, the distance was a problem but when you love someone, you do what you can to make it work. Would I do it again? I'm not sure... I had a pretty bad experience with PTSD.
 HB2
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/8/2005 4:27:01 PM
Military brat

Former military member

Former military dependant

Kept my legs together

He crawled into every foxhole he could find

Be careful ladies of which branch and who
 Cokechick
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/8/2005 5:10:05 PM

I'd be more interested in a thread as to how many women could keep their legs together while their men were deployed... but you people carry on with this one.

Ouch.

Bitter much?
 bambi75
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/8/2005 5:18:52 PM
You are in a relationship for the good and the bad that come along with it. I would date someone in the military, most definately. My dad retired from the marine corp so i am pretty use to that way of living.

Bitter experience there i guess......hmmmm
 angelinabee
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/8/2005 5:30:50 PM
Yup.

You can't help who you fall for.
 EdmJewel
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/8/2005 6:03:49 PM
Short answer...YES.
 Copperypeach
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/8/2005 6:38:44 PM
LONG ANSWER- YES!!!!! Two thumbs and ten toes up! If you know any, send them my way.
I love and have special respect for military men!!! I was raised in the military, married into the military, and joined the military. My father, I, and my brother are serving in three different branches and that makes me extremely proud. Having been a recruiter I know that it's very difficult to qualify for the Service so there is exclusivity there. Weakness, among other undesirable traits, is weeded out and what left is men and women that have something common people don't have. That is SEXY as heck!!!!! We won't even talk about what they look like in (and out) of uniform.... It does take a certain kind of woman to be a good mate for a military man. She can't be selfish; she has to know what it is to be an abundance of support because nobody needs it like we do when we're deployed. She has to have a strong enough love, strong enough mind and fortifude, and backbone to keep the family together (sometimes alone even); live all over the world and not blame her man for not being there all the time. It's not like he wants to miss baby's first tooth, word, step, or what have you. I watch a lot of my junior sailors deal with their young wives realizing it's not all sexy uniforms, muscles, cute government houses, benefits and commissary priveliges, but that she's married the US Navy, Marines...whatever, and everything that comes with it.. It's not a life for princesses ...

In response to the man and woman posting on infidelity; we all know infidelity goes both ways in and out of the sevice. I'm deploying next January and I'm preferring to date someone deploying with me because I don't have to deal with the longing for my man and/orwonder and neither will he. Taking your "stuff" with you so to speak... If I happen to meet and fall for a civilian in the mean time and it starts looking serious then I'll go with it (hoping all the while for the best) but being alone and worried in the back of my mind is not preferred...
 Something Deeper
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/8/2005 8:13:01 PM
Good to hear ladies....A true warrior will always stay true to his woman...No matter what.

Well worth the wait for the REAL thing. :)

Jeff
 Blastkist
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/8/2005 8:16:53 PM
If he is faithful , yes.
 HB2
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/8/2005 8:19:02 PM
Yes you can help who you fall for if you use the brains you were born with!
 angelinabee
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/8/2005 8:24:28 PM

Yes you can help who you fall for if you use the brains you were born with!

True dat.

That's exactly what I meant in my first post. You can't help who you fall for if it's *right*, you're using your brains, and you're happy. ;)

And yeah, if a guy in the military caused that kind of reaction in me I'd date him. :)
 HB2
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/8/2005 8:27:55 PM
Exactly^^^^^^

Love is a choice beyond the fireworks and butterflies...it's choice of the mind....

To commit to that person heart, mind and body.
 NooneLuvsMe
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/9/2005 12:16:09 AM
I am a vet. I speak from experience. The bars on base are full of women who's "warriors" are deployed. Not a very promising picture. Your best bet, is to keep the war machine working, by staying pregnant and out of the bars. Baby machines and war machines. Sorry. Woof.
 bugsybears
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/9/2005 1:26:12 AM
yeah that one does go both ways. my wife cheated on me every time i left. it really is hard to find a woman that will remain faithful when your gone for months. i saw it happen all the time in the navy. it didn't matter what rank they were either. officers and enlisted. you could always tell what ships were going out by the wives that showed up at the clubs.
 ripley65
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:13:34 AM
Yeppers i would.
 unicornfan6
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/9/2005 5:40:57 AM
Yes and Yes. I have been a Navy wife and went out with several Marines. They are generally good men. As far as dealing with the times that they have to go away on missions. That comes with the territory. But life in the Military is different then the Civilian life. There is alot of support. You aren't the only one saying goodbye to the man you "love", unlike in the civilian life and your guy goes away for work. It's not easy, but nothing in life worth anything is easy. You have to take it all in stride and of course have trust and faith that you will be in eachothers arms again.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would u date at guy or marry guy who is in the military?