Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > What are you looking for in the fish pond?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 babs_05
Msg: 1
What are you looking for in the fish pond?????Page 1 of 12    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)
So fellow fishies, here we sit on Thanksgiving Sunday and the question has been asked. "What excactly do you mean when you put into the profile 'Other relationship'". Well I have chatted with a few of the gentfish in the pond and the majority of them get into the "sexy talk" in a real short time. Well the talk is fun, because they don't know that I have a crocked smile and several teeth missing. It is when they see you in real life that they decide, and only after they get you in bed, that the sex is all they wanted any way.

So by putting other relationship on the profile I guess it says that I want the whole cake and eat it as well, or maybe share it with that special person. I don't want just the icing or the filling in the dougnut. I am 42 years old and I think that I have played enough games over the years and it is time for me to settle down. Not saying that I would get married again, been there done that two too many times. But if you know anyting about the Taurus' we are a loyal lot to the one we want to be with. I have had guys just cut off the I M because I will not tell them what they want to hear. I like to chat on line because it seems safe and there is no pressure of trying to get some one to like you as you are, the whole package. Like I said earlier, so I have a few teeth missing and the left ear is bigger than the right, on the computer you do not see that part.

So the question is out to all and "What is it that we are looking for?"

Have a great day and please have in the pond to all........ Babs
 serendipitycdn
Msg: 2
What are you looking for in the fish pond?????
Posted: 10/9/2005 9:49:07 PM
Well...........watched that movie tonight called "A WALK TO REMEMBER"

That's what I want.......true love.....

And Babs, I'm sorry to say.........I have to agree with you with the fact that all I seem to find on here are "BOOTIE CALLERS"...

Yep.......been there done that..........time to move on.....

Guess I'm joining "Parents without Partners" or "Adventures"..........or

A freaken Nunnerie...........how ever the heck you spell it....

I hear you Babs...........I really do.....
 RacerM95
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:03:52 PM
To be brutally honest.. Being a single parent my son comes first, with that said I would like to find a lady, become friends and take it from there, No one really knows what the future holds... :)
 Smartie Girl
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:16:45 PM
Serendipitycdn and Babs...I'm for the "freakin' Nunnery"!!...maybe we should just start a cult!! haha..

Luv ya ladies...will know more what to say in the day time hrs...I almost wrote something rather ...sexist!...eekk...off to bed with me..dang alone again!
 Fat Bloke
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/9/2005 11:28:11 PM

Well...........watched that movie tonight called "A WALK TO REMEMBER"
That's what I want.......true love.....
And Babs, I'm sorry to say.........I have to agree with you with the fact that all I seem to find on here are "BOOTIE CALLERS"...

That's because you arent looking at the right fishies my dear...
You have to broaden your horizons, and look at the "nice" guys.

We old, round, bald, shy but witty (in print if not in person), and socially awkward types..
Just check us out

We have one great advantage over the confident, young handsome men... We'll actually listen to you , and are good for more than just a "booty call"

GEEKS-r-US(R)
Call us for all your NiceGuy(tm) needs...
 jdguy
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/10/2005 7:43:11 AM
LOL you make some good points Doug

Seriously though i am looking for the connection. You all know the one i mean, that one where our eyes follow each other all around the room at a party, even if we are talking with other people, the talking about anything and eveything, total mental stimulation. The one where we cant keep our hands off each other, not sexually, but always touching, whether that is holding hands on a walk, or while watching a movie, our feet touching as we lie in bed, giving hugs for no particular reason other than we want to. that whole first person i think of when i wake up and last person i think of as i go to sleep.

There is lots that goes into that for me. Mental and physical attraction, having goals, how you are with kids ( cause yes i am a package deal, so that is important), some similar interests and an openess to new experiences.

And yes this is a long term desire, not a for the night desire, or a friends with benifits desire ( see my posts on topic for my thoughts on that lol). So like Doug says, maybe take a chance on a guy who isnt built like a greek god, but isnt that bad either, who isnt a mainstream suit and tie business man type, but still looks good dressed up, who has more to offer than just his good looks and actually knows what communication means.
 janetl25
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/10/2005 8:03:08 AM

Thank you guys......it is great to hear......that there are still some fish in this pond....that may take our bait

Everyone comes on here for different reasons......to each there own.......for myself... get to known someone as a friend first..and go from there.....and there has to be some connection when you first meet...
You cant really have any expectations...because you dont know what could happened....that is the way I look at it.....

LADIES if you are joining a club or making your own cult...dont forget about me
It would not be the same here

have a great one
 babs_05
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/10/2005 9:27:27 AM
Thank you all for the great feedback.

This is the type of stuff that is needed to be known. It is great to get some views from the male fishies. Way to go guys and thanks a lot for your honesty. That is a very important part of what we all want as well. And ladies the all fefishie cult is on. We will discuss the details at brunch

While we are at it maybe we can "teach" each other things that may inprove our chances to fish for the right guy and keep him on the hook .
You girls know what I mean, wink wink winkl

Again, thanks to all for the great responses and especially the guys for comning out to say a thing or two.

To all, have a great day.....................Babs
 StevieD236
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 10/10/2005 10:15:40 AM
I am generally looking for new friends as well as someone to share my life and my love. Someone whom I can become best friends with. Someone to share love and laughter and tears. To share happiness and sadness. Someone to share this journey in life.
 jdguy
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/10/2005 10:32:30 AM
:
Thank you guys......it is great to hear......that there are still some fish in this pond....that may take our bait

Well Janet if i thought you were interested i would have taken your bait, but always thought you had a different fish in your sights lol
 serendipitycdn
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:00:07 AM
Yep!!! We definately will be discussing this issue at our Brunch Babs...

And Janet, don't worry, if we all decide to get the hell out of here........we will definately take you wish us girl....

I'm thinking........might be alot of ..........hmmmmmm.......maybe I won't bring the kids after all....

Ok girls.........see you all at the Brunch....

Hey Tigger......sorry you can't make it........maybe next time.....
 serendipitycdn
Msg: 12
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:01:35 AM
Oh crap.......spelling mistake again..........."with us girl"....not wish us.........well guess we could wish on some stuff........

I wish for TRUE LOVE............ho hum......
 Fat Bloke
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/10/2005 1:15:12 PM

I wish for TRUE LOVE............ho hum......

"Ho Hum"??? But isnt that what we ALL really want?
"I" think even those who are are stuck in the dating rut, or even date/booty call mode, deep-down really want to find the "one".

Call it True Love, call it the Dream...

Isnt it what we all really want, and are searching for by being here? Sometimes I dispair of finding it, but this (internet dating) is one tool to use to perhaps connect with someone who will connect with me...

For those like myself who fall outside the "norms" of what people conventionally look for, it can be even harder than those who fit in. But I for one am not quite ready to give up yet. I'm not yet completely disillusioned...

My two farthings...
 serendipitycdn
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/10/2005 2:11:20 PM
Well Doug, I believe your partially right........but then again I have met plenty that are just out for the bootie call and good times.......Which is great if you find someone who feels the same.

You both play and do whatever til your ready to settle down.......

Guess if you meet the right one during the process.........then hell........your set and everything comes to a sudden hault.

I pretty much been there and done it all..........I know who want only the bootie calls and what not...........guess I'm just sick of it........and ready to move onto something more again.

You can only have so much fun.....you know..........gets tireing after a while.

Ok then...........am I even making any sense........

Or am I just babbling....blah blah blah.....
 Fat Bloke
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/10/2005 2:26:25 PM
@ serendipitycdn

Actually you're not babbling...or at least not incoherantly...
What you write makes perfect sense, and that's where I am in my life as well.
The problem is having to get out and find the one who you connect with.
There are many wonderful folks out there I know...
Ah, but how to find the one with whom you mutually connect?
If I had that answer... I'd be richer than Dr.Phil
 babs_05
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/10/2005 5:36:25 PM
Dear Dr. Doug,

What does someone do when you start talking to a "nice" guy and than he starts to make comments about your pic and asking questions about sexually stuff?

I think that it is wonderful that you guys are particapating in this forum and giving us fefishies a gentlfishies view point. If someone is just out for the booty call, then be man/woman enough to say so. I have had a few guys tell me that this is what they want and usless I decide to go for it will it be done. But why is it that they close you out right away? I was talking to one guy for some time and asked him to meet me on several occasions and never got a reply on the invites. He was sick for awhile and wasnt able to be at the computer, but we had exchanged personal info- phone numbers and such, so why no call?

I have had the guys that want the web cam thing going on, for what,so you can have sex and not even touch a person? I have had guys contact me and when I reply, I hear nothing back from them. What is up with that?

Thanks Dr. D and to all, have a great nite................Babs
 tiptoe
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/10/2005 6:19:01 PM
babs is sooo right...i think everything u just said has happened to most of us... well i know I can relate there's no doubt about that!!! that's sad considering we are the one mammal who DOES have the capability of verbal communication. not to mention, this whole world wide web we have at our finger-tips. people hide behind their screens, and avoid human interaction(touch). then there are those who just wanna bang bang bang aaallll the time...anyone...anywhere......ewww. or how bout the ones who just wanna be friends, but don't seem to act like one. this dating thing has me quite confused. i always thought it was so simple, but i was sadly mistaken. man....that rant felt good...thanx for listening..
 louis syfur
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/10/2005 11:55:39 PM
I just want somebody to hold me when I cry..............HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!
 wpgjets4ever
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/11/2005 11:57:42 PM
I want to find my missing half. I am not particular about looks and stuff, as much as personality. I have dated "models", and they were generally full of themselves. I like a girl with some confidence, who genuinly wants to find a guy, and not just "swim" in the pond.
 Ryn48
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/15/2005 9:11:32 PM
Looking for the person who is as crazy about me as I am about him. Looking for someone who will be there to lean on when things seem to fall apart; and who is strong enough to lean on me when he needs too. Someone who has similar interests so you can build a strong foundation. Someone who can communicate, I am not a mind reader. Who has a capacity to love and feel compassion for those less fortunate. Who will not judge easily. Who has an even temperment. Oh yeah...he will have to cook...cus I don't like to. lol!

I guess it is what we all look for, someone who we want to put first; and who will put us first on their list.
 tiptoe
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/16/2005 2:03:42 PM
ya...that's it....i wanna be FIRST!!!!
 hypno2k5
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/16/2005 4:50:29 PM
At this point, I will accept being on the top ten! I am so tired of being treated like a a piece of crap!
Sorry! Venting again!
 RiotProvocateur
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/16/2005 8:25:15 PM
All I'm looking for is someone who I'll remain interested in for more than 3 minutes.
 mb0435
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/16/2005 10:08:25 PM
Well, this is certainly the $64,000.00 question isn't it? What are each of us looking for or hoping to find here in the pond. In a word, a gentleman (gentlefish?). You know, the one who opens the door for you, comes to your door and knocks if he picks you up at your house, doesn't just pull up and lean on the horn. These are just a couple examples of the outward manifestation of what's inside. I've had all the control freaks and head game players I can stand personally, time to move on and find my highland warrior (scottish roots coming out again). No horse required, good sense of humour, comfortable in his own skin, and of course must like cats. I have "friends" on my profile because I believe you need to get to know someone and be friends before you can be anything else. This "friends with benefits" thing is a total oxymoron in my humble opinion. But this is just me. Like babs I can't figure out these fellas that IM you and after a couple of minutes get very personal, and sexual then when you politely let them know you aren't interested in their ummm assets poof they are gone. Fellas (and I'm sure there are fefishies like that too), if that's what you are about you should have that on your profile. Oh, let me see, what part of "must not be looking for initmate encounters" did you miss on some of our profiles. Oops, sorry, ranting.

To summarize, looking for, in no particular order:
heart of a lion (read: braveheart)
soul of a poet
has manners and knows how to use them
likes kids and animals (though my kids can be animals at time )
knows how to laugh and have fun and still keep his clothes on
Oh and a bonus is if a fella is chubby and bald....not a requirement by any means

I'm sure I've overshot my word quota by now. hehe
 babs_05
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/17/2005 11:39:19 AM
mb0435, big hugs to you, you have the right ideas and it is so true that the men, and I am sure women as well, right you off if you are not into their "sex talk". I had a guy IM me yesterday and he got into personal stuff right away. I think that we should start asking them what their penis size is and ask what kind of money they make. Like "How big is your bank account?" or "How good is your heart?" this might be something to have on the profile......Must have large bank account and hung like a horse and know how to use it.......

Any way it should be clear that to met someone you have to get to know them on a friendship basis and the sex might come along later, if there is a connection made. If it is sex that you want then just say it and accept the answer if it is no and be polite and understanding about the other persons reply......I always say, "If you dont want to hear the answer, then dont ask the question." be prepared to get the rejections. That is all you can do. By getting a rejection you havent lost anything and it doesnt mean that you can not talk to the person or by a friend. I personaly like having male friends to hang out with or watch a movie with. It doesnt mean I will sleep with them, they're just fun to hang with.

Well that is my ramblings for now and good luck fishing..........

Thx to all how have posted it is great to hear from all of you....

Have a great day to all................................Babs
Show ALL Forums  > Manitoba  > What are you looking for in the fish pond?????