Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The difference between woman and women (grammar spelling grammer)      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 1
view profile
History
The difference between woman and women (grammar spelling grammer)Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
Ok guys, a lot of you are getting this wrong in your posts and it makes you look like an idiot, so here is a refresher course:

WOMAN = Singlular, or one (i.e. she is a great looking woman)

WOMEN = Plural, or many (i.e. those are some great looking women)

Learn it. Your posts will be sexier.

[Subject edited to help searches. Yes, even for the misspellers. /Forum_Moderator]
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 2
The difference between woman and women
Posted: 10/23/2005 7:22:26 PM
Woo hoo!!! Well said!!!!
 essene
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/23/2005 7:33:17 PM
Thanks mojo, I feel sexier already...
 GoldenTiger
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/23/2005 7:37:14 PM
A lot of the women do that too....ugh it's SO annoying ! that's when you smack em in the head and say "no woman dat's a bad woman !" *anyone who has seen southpark will get it...*
 jimi77
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/23/2005 7:37:51 PM
yes all you man understand this now? thanks mojo.
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2005 7:46:20 PM
Next week's advanced lesson - the difference between there, their and they're!
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/23/2005 7:53:30 PM
How about you're and your???? Come on let's not forget those :)
 jimi77
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/23/2005 8:11:47 PM
how about yall, yin's, and youes..
 redmamma
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/23/2005 8:46:44 PM
A man who knows grammar????? did hell freeze over???? A man giving spelling/ definitions... man are those monkies flying out of your a&& Jimi???? and I caught that man thing Jimi.. you're not that quick hunni...lol
 jimi77
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/23/2005 8:53:47 PM
LOL^^^ I thought i got away with that .. DOH!!!
 Smoofiter
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/23/2005 11:14:25 PM
this really bugs the crap out of me too:
there: hey you over there, that's a place
they're: they're going to the gym, they're as in they are
their: that's when something belongs to someone, I am going over to their house.
 mu2freighter
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/23/2005 11:25:52 PM
redmamma sez:

A man who knows grammar????? did hell freeze over????

Welly well. This has been known to occur outside of a laboratory environment, Ma'am!

Just yankin' your chain, redmamma...and I agree that the amount of functional illiteracy out there is just plain scary. I must say, though, as with many shortcomings, I'm pretty sure that the lack of grammar/ spelling/ punctuation skills is a people problem, not specific to either men or women.

On the subject of punctuation...how 'bout the old 'can't get the difference between a contraction, plural or posessive quite nailed down even at MY age' problem?!? THAT's one that makes me want to strike someone with a stick who ought to know better.

Example..."thats to bad" (yeah, I threw in the 'to' for 'too' error as a bonus...)

"I have several cat's to give away"

and "I used Jacks computer..."

Yep, I do have my days where I want to throw up my hands and run around in little circles, screaming "Mediocrity is rampant!"

'Cause it is...
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2005 12:42:50 AM
Bad spelling, grammar and punctuation are the online equivalent of having a gap in your teeth or a heavy southern accent - it doesn't matter what you say, everyone is just going to think you're stupid.

Apologies to the gap-toothed southerners in the audience.
 Repo_man
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2005 12:56:31 AM
Schweetttt ! People who actualy know the difference. I myself know I could use a little more self control when typing. I tend to speed through and do misspell. Typo alot yes. Mostly because of my hurried state. And I am not perfect either. But I do know the difference myself so many seem not to understand. LOL
As for gap toothed southerners.. LMMFAO Proud to be one well all but the drawl thing. I have a accent but most women find it charming. And anyone who takes offence to your statement. Trust me them redneck mud truckers will have another budwieser and go coon huntin soon and forget all about being called gap toothed southerners. If they even were able to read it to begin with.
 frycook
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2005 3:27:21 AM
Where do these ' " ; : things
go??
 redmamma
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/24/2005 10:02:47 AM
Ya know Queen bee... I don't think that the poster who made the gap tooth/ southern accent comment was being ignorant... I have friends with thick southern drawls... They are some of the most intelligent people I know.. but there does seem to be this stigma that goes along with southern accents... which is what i think he was referring to....

As to the yankin of poor lil red's chain... It is a huge pet peeve for me.. people who have no sense of grammar or spelling and really have no idea how to put a sentence together. I have said it before I will say it forever........... BRAINS ARE SEXY!!!!
 justjazz
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/24/2005 11:18:46 AM
ya'll shore nuff do no how ta mayk a feller feeel purdy durned dum. Why for I red this yere thred I shore nuff diddnt no the diffurnce tween a wohman and wohmen. I figgur its aaight if we jus calls em lil lady. I reckon ifn that dont get comin to the trough that aint nuttin I kin do bout it. Any ole slicker that wonsta make funna ma accent he oughta know that I aint the won wit da accent. I shonuff don want to get no bodys dander up bout all dis grammar and such truck but a sometimes a feller hasta do what a feller hasta do.

LMAO
 hac3011
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/24/2005 1:22:29 PM
The fact that the OP had to explain this is rather deflating if you ask me.
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2005 5:11:26 PM
This one needs to be said:

TO: used to denote action, place, or direction (i.e. I am going TO her place; your panties are next TO your bra; it's her turn TO pay)

TOO: Denotes excess (i.e. That's TOO much information; I had TOO many dates this week)

TWO: A number (i.e. She has TWO breasts; it takes TWO to waltz, too!)
 mikerdw
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/24/2005 5:22:43 PM
and mojo, you forgot to mention that "too" can have another meaning too.
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 10/24/2005 6:08:02 PM
Damn you're right, I left it out!!

TOO: Synonym for "also" (i.e. I dated her too!)
 lost John
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/24/2005 6:22:55 PM
Hey, I try to use the semi-colon (;) occasionally, but I don't know if I am getting it right. Could someone explain that one? Thanks!
 justjazz
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/25/2005 6:17:43 AM
semi colon...sure...its right between the duodenum and the transverse colon usually associated with diverticulosis and polyps!

LMAO
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 10/25/2005 5:08:47 PM
A semicolon is used to connect clauses that have no connecting word. It's usually a way to join two seperate thoughts that you'd like to be one sentence but it doesn't quite work.

"My date didn't look like her picture; what was she thinking?"

"I looked for a back door out of the coffee shop; however, there was none."

"Finally, my rescue call came; it was the sweetest sounding ring ever!"

Class dismissed.
 lost John
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/25/2005 6:25:23 PM
Thanks! I think I've been getting it right, then.
Show ALL Forums  > Off Topic  > The difference between woman and women (grammar spelling grammer)