Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > And The Most Hideous Song Of This Decade Goes To "Black Eye Peas" for      Home login  
 AUTHOR
And The Most Hideous Song Of This Decade Goes To "Black Eye Peas" for "My Humps"Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
you ever see something soooooo unbelievably horrible that you almost cringe in embarassment to just know it exists??

well recently I was at work watching Tv on my Break, and this song comes on MTV, and it's the new Black Eye Peas song, and I am kinda stoked... they are 2 for 4 at the moment, some of thier songs are cool... others, were just kinda dumb ("don't lie" comes to mind) but over all, when they are on point, they can dish out some good music...

so I sat there listening to the first bits of the beat... it's cool...
then the song starts... and I was like "uh, she really needs to stop singing"...
then she doesn't... she keeps singing...

then it happens...
the most embarassingly horrible lyrics ever put in any song I have ever heard, other then some song I saw on VH1 about the 20 worst sex songs ever, in which there was a girl from the 80's named vanity, singing about how she liked guys cum... while hiding it with dumb images of things like champange bottles exploding open and such...

however, since I was barely aware such a song existed at that time, being that I wasn't even 8 by the time that song came out... I have no real mental scars from it...

however, this song, from the Black Eye Peas... is sooooo bad, I feel like myself getting stupider, just knowing I heard it... I swear I lost 10 IQ points just from hearing it once...

among the cheesy horror this song dished out, are such "kill me now, cause this is sooo bad" lyrics like...

My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
My lovely lady lumps

no, thats not a typo... thats the real lyrics...

"lovely... lady... lumps..."

is there a worst possible way a women can describe herself??

uhhh I just cringe to hear that part... cause it's soooo cheesy, that it actually reminds me of this old kung fu movie I saw when I was a little kid... called "the last dragon"... where that black kung fu kid in the ghetto, finds the "glow" and uses his new found magic kung fu to beat the local gang leader...
theres a scene in that movie, so bad, that it still haunts me in my nightmares...
the bad guy in the movie, thinks his girlfriend is a really great singer, then makes a music video for her, and its so cheesy... but it fits the 80's and that whole "Miami Vice" era...

I am wondering, if Fergi is secretly dating the bad guy from "the last dragon", cause it's beyond me how a song this bad ever got made... let alone, made into a music video...

you'd think that was the worst of it, after my little rant, but No, its just the begining...

the normally smooth rap of Black Eye Peas is completly lost as they guys in the group are reduced to a few really horrible lines...

"What you gon do with all that junk?
All that junk inside that trunk?

now, normally I know what this means...
they bring out some girl in short shorts and a big butt, and she starts shakin it around, just like most music videos do these days...

nope...

they are talking to this Fergi girl, the singer saying the whole "lady lumps" thing...

hold on a second.

"junk in the trunk" basically means "big round butt" kinda like Jennifer Lopez has...
occassionally theres this weird thing, where REALLY fat girls think this means them.
like on this TV show recently this 300 pound super obese women tells some other girl to sit down and says "this is an ass"... then proceeds to show a hideously deformed lump of flesh that resembed the backside of a hippo...
theres a HUGE difference between a nice big butt like Jennifer Lopez has, and a big fat, half dead, sweatin butter, gravy in her vains, fugly monster girl...

however, in this case of the Black Eye Peas, and Fergi...
its the exact opposite.

the girl, has no ass.
she's skin and bones from the waist down.
what little butt she does have... doesn't qualify for the "junk in the trunk" line...

its like... if you don't have feet, don't walk around in shoes, acting like you do.
you know you don't have feet...

well, someone needs to tell this girl, she has no butt.
atleast, not enough to qualify for a "Junk in the Trunk" qoute...

every guy seen her butt last year in that video, I think... "lets get it started in here" where she wore the red short shorts... and shoke her waist 100 miles per hour...
that was so funny, seeing her trying so hard to get what little she had to shake even alittle... it's like "oh look at her, shes trying so damn hard to shake that butt, but all she's doing is shaking her butt bone... but she's trying so hard, I don't wanna tell her"

anyways, the more I listend to that song, the worst it got.
by the middle of the song, I was half way done with my noose, and getting ready to tip the chair so I could swing from my ceiling before I had to hear another 2 minutes of the most agonizingly horrible song I have ever heard... atleast, in this decade....

then the next phrase starts...

I’ma get, get, get, get you drunk,
Get you love drunk off this hump.
What you gon’ do wit all that breast?
All that breast inside that shirt?
I’ma make, make, make, make you work
Make you work, work, make you work.

then it happend...
I jumped off my chair, to end my agony quickly while my neck snaps instantly before I had to hear another line of this song... and I fall to the floor... I didn't make my noose right.

damn it, I was already getting studiper, cause I could feel my IQ sharply dropping with ever moment that song was on, cause it already made me so dumb that I couldn't make a noose anymore...
I swear I lost 10 IQ points, just watching that video.

then the corus starts...

She’s got me spendin’.
Spendin all your money on me and spendin’ time on me
She’s got me spendin’.
Spendin’ all your money on me, on me, on me.

oh god...
please kill me.
I am gonna be haunted with the idiocy of this song for the next 10 years.
I know it. it's hard to know a song this bad exists, and just forget it.

someone please kill me, before I hear that song again...
 GentleHand
Msg: 2
view profile
History
And The Most Hideous Song Of This Decade Goes To Black Eye Peas for My Humps
Posted: 10/26/2005 5:52:37 AM
/me draws back hahaahaBOWSTRING and releases LOLARROW into your bHAHAHA EYE!!!

YOU DEAD!
 Holy Whoa Its Kyle
Msg: 3
Posted: 10/26/2005 6:29:34 AM
I have a soft spot for really stupid pop songs. That's why I got addicted to Toxic and Hollaback Girl.

It's not my fault. It's societies!
 ~Serendipity~
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 10/26/2005 6:21:25 PM
That's classic Bantock....can't stand the song myself....thanks for the highly amusing visual you created!
 marsupial24
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/27/2005 12:06:03 AM
Thank God someone agrees. What the hell did the Black Eyed Peas do to themselves? Before that girl came along they were awesome and political. Now they're just a laughing stock and a disgrace. I've never seen such a band sell out so quickly (although I have to give selling out props to Metallica, but thankfully they waited a decade or two before doing so)
 guitarman100
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/27/2005 12:24:57 AM
I saw the video

I have no idea what they were thinking

it shows me how stupid some of the songs are these days

all the bootie/ meatmarket soundtrack songs make me puke

maybe we need to dumb down our culture for all the 18 year old drunk dance club girls
 Nomad1k
Msg: 7
Posted: 10/27/2005 2:00:37 AM
Dude,
That was the longest post I've ever managed to read without getting bored. That was classic. Finally, someone else is twitching and freaking to the stupidy we're exposed to nowadays. Let this guy loose on some of Eminem's wonky ballads. That, I would pay money for.
 Nomad1k
Msg: 8
Posted: 10/27/2005 11:03:52 AM
From "Where is the love?":

Most of us only care about money makin'
Selfishness got us followin' our own direction
Wrong information always shown by the media
Negative images is the main criteria
Infecting the young minds faster than bacteria
Kids wanna act like what they see in the cinema
Yo', whatever happened to the values of humanity

Comprimise much? Hope BEP is making lots of money off Fergie's looks, cuz their music is quickly becoming some of the most commercialized I've ever listened to.

YO, Fergie, you're not THAT hot. How much money do you need? Create something we'll want to listen to in 2 years, would ya?
 rubix_cube
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/31/2005 7:19:47 PM
i could not whole-heartedly agree more!!! the black eyed peas have long sold their social conscious for a suite @ the four seasons!!! SHAME ON U!!!
 Jinley
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/1/2005 6:03:01 PM
MTV still plays videos? Haven't seen one on there in YEARS.

Thank god I don't know what you are talking about. Sounds like it was quite traumatic. I don't listen to pop music, and if some happens to come on, MUTE works very well for me.
 Nomad1k
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/3/2005 6:27:42 AM
C'mon back Griffin! We need another rant! Please take a crack at "Mockingbird" by Eminem, will ya?
 squirrly
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/3/2005 7:10:38 AM

I have a soft spot for really stupid pop songs. That's why I got addicted to Toxic and Hollaback Girl.

me too!! Gwen Stefani has a few like "Bubble pop electric" ...I can't that song outta my head.

As for the song in question....I musta missed that one. I will definately have to listen to it and hope it doesnt stay in my head like all the other silly songs in there.
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/3/2005 3:19:48 PM
Who says you can't make or listen to music because - gasp - it's fun?!?!??? And why do some of you think they are compromsing artistic integrety because they write something that is not wrought with political angst? Come on, people, lighten up! At least they write their own music, and you can definately say the BEP are original. If all we had to listen to was melodrama, that would get pretty old. Music expresses our emotions, and sometimes we all feel a little goofy. And to the poster who called Metallica a sellout-PPPLLLLBBBTTTT! Metallica rules the world! You can't be stuck in the garage forever.
 Nomad1k
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/3/2005 3:56:49 PM
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump,
My hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump, my hump.
My lovely lady lumps

Ok, I admit it's not political. Yes, I guess you could call it fun. I call it poison. I call it a sell-out. BEP are a very talented group of writers and dancers. Now that they have a "hot chick" to front the band, their talents seem to have taken a back seat for Big Buck$. That's what's wrong with them.

And, YES, Metallica still rocks!
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/3/2005 4:02:43 PM
Well, I guess I can't argue too much, as I wasn't into BEP before Elephunk, but I do enjoy them, and the reason I bought Elephunk was Where is the Love?, which I think someone might have trashed on here, but I like it. I thought that one was a little on the political side? And I can see how you might be dissappointed that a group that really made a statement is just out there shaking their moneymakers. They will probably come through again for you, and come out with something a little more meaningful. I love it when artists do that. Throw in something that really makes you think amongst all the ear candy. lol
 rubix_cube
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/3/2005 6:24:20 PM
i believe they are compromising musical integrity because they USED to have a social conscious but it did not sell so they compromised. Metallica is one of the biggest sell outs dude, load and RE-load come on gimme a break , enough fleecing of your fans already!
 Kiss_My_Karma~
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/3/2005 7:33:41 PM
Fleece? They aren't fleecing anybody.....they are just a few guys who like to play music and make a few bucks doing it. I don't see any Metallica dolls like you saw the KISS dolls.....I say more power to em. They still rock my clock baby!
 gurlznotgrey39
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/6/2005 10:50:42 PM
All I can say is....."OH MY GOD.....OH MY GOD, THIS SONG IS COMPLETELY ANNOYING!!"
The fact is it is everywhere,being shoved down our throats, and you know the sad thing is you know its overplayed when a little kid sings it and when I see adults actually liking it, it makes me want to bortch!!
Lets get real, the music industry is really slipping with crap like this, and the fact that the other wanna be cookie cutters, are following suite without much flavor to offer will hopefully go away really soon!!!!!!
 puppet master
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:50:49 AM
I have to say I am a black eyed peas fan........but this song drives me right over the edge.
too bad really, just another example of a band with good potential selling out as far as i'm concerned
 squirrly
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:31:43 AM
omg I just saw this song being performed on the European MTV awards....the OP is dead right! It was ghastly. And then they get nominated in the best group award with the likes of U2, Green Day and Colplay.....nuts! They didn't win though....some band named Gorillaz did.
 marathonman11x7
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/7/2005 6:31:19 AM
Griffinseeking.....THAT was FUNNY! Good, funny post.
 Holy serendipity
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:22:12 PM
Truly horrid....

Yet strangely compelled to watch...

It's good for a larff!
 trevcda
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 9:35:36 PM
Great post, OP!
This song is the musical equivelant of a twelve year boy making the "screwing" sign by moving his forefinger in and out of his other hand! Hard to describe, but you know what I mean! The only problem with this song is that it's catchy as hell, and a lot of fun to dance to. And that's what it's all about right? What's disturbing is all of the "kids" singing along with it. And it's not like you only hear it in the clubs- it's on every Top40 and R&B station. I haven't seen the video. I can only imagine! If you want to get right to the point, though, throw on "F***ing You Tonight" by R Kelly, I think. He doesn't beat around the bush in that one. No pun intended- well maybe a little!
 Poet102781
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/9/2005 8:30:07 AM
THAT S#IT IS BANANAS.....Bruce Leroy...eatin popcorn with chopsticks...and that hat just plain wrong. The song rely sucks....so dose most of the cd...except for the first song. Lost respect for the BEP.
 jimi77
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/10/2005 5:19:05 PM
naw.. busta rymes.... YAW YAW YAW... BARF.. i cant belive they signed that guy? he must have known someone on the inside, or had something on someone on the inside???
Show ALL Forums  > Art/Music  > And The Most Hideous Song Of This Decade Goes To "Black Eye Peas" for "My Humps"