Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What makes a bad impression on a first date with you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 forums_only
Msg: 1
What makes a bad impression on a first date with you?Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
Okay, I want to exchange a few tips, gender to gender.... sometimes I find we blow it on the first date just by simple little mistakes... for example, I went on a first date with this guy from POF last night, and it was going along nicely except two things.... he didn't make the first move (or even show that he liked me until I asked) and then he spent the remainder of the evening shoving his tongue down my throat.... I actually had to use my tongue/teeth to push it out!!!! Guys, girls hate tongue all the time! Ease up! :) Anyone else have a first date pet peeve? (Guys feel free to put tips in the hat for the girls too!!!)
 CountIbli
Msg: 2
What makes a bad impression on a first date with you?
Posted: 10/29/2005 11:06:46 PM
Women who expect men to always make the first move
 ses1973
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 10/29/2005 11:17:33 PM
looking like she didn't put much time or thought into what she is wearing

bad breath

if it's someone online that I never saw a picture of then it would be:

the fact I was mislead on what she looks like
 essene
Msg: 4
Posted: 10/29/2005 11:19:37 PM

Women who expect men to always make the first move

Count wins the thread on the first post...
 forums_only
Msg: 5
Posted: 10/29/2005 11:28:06 PM
I like a guy to make the first move because I'm traditional in that sense... I certainly will put the vibe out there that I'm interested, but there is something romantic and sweet about a guy leaning in for a kiss... and a bit aggressive about a girl doing it first. Once that move has been made, it's all clear after that, but the first move should be made by a gentleman. :)
 Arduinna
Msg: 6
Posted: 10/29/2005 11:50:44 PM
1) Lying about your appearance (be it through words, or through old pictures posted) It really sucks when you don't even recognize the person you are supposed to be meeting

2) Talking about how great you are, or how much money you make...obviously if I agreed to meet you, there was attraction. Starting the crapola bragging stuff on a first date ain't gonna win you points

3a) Assuming that 'Let's meet for coffee' actually means 'I want to have sex'

3b) When denied the afore mentioned sex, continuing to try to grope, kiss, or otherwise suggest that I really DO want to have sex with you. Please note....insulting a woman by calling her a prude will rarely get her into your bed. Chances are, if she turns you down, it isn't because she doesn't like sex or is a prude, she JUST ISN'T THAT INTO YOU! If she wants to get 'er done, there WILL be signals.
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 12:58:04 AM
Blondie, not every first date ends up in a makeout session. Being upset that he didn't make the first move - especially on the first date - isn't necessarily fair.

Everyone is different. I've been on first dates where there is no kiss because some women simply won't kiss on the first date.

I've had dates that end is a simple good night kiss and some that end is a very passionate kiss.

I've even had 1 or 2 dates where we were kissing well before the date was over!

The point is, as a guy, it's our job to try and figure out which of these scenarios is appropriate. That's a tall order, considering all the different personality types out there, not to mention sometimes it isn't always easy to read your date.

Personally, I err on the side of caution. Unless I am absolutely positively sure that the chemistry is there and she WANTS me to kiss her, I ain't going to make the move. Nothing sucks more than going in for that kiss and 'getting the cheek.'

I'd have to guess that most women would prefer a guy to respectful and not try to kiss her simply because she's there. Keeping this in mind, ladies, if you're out with a guy and you're into him and you WANT him to make the first move, flirt a little - it's very easy to send out that signal that let's him know what you want...
 opticalnoise
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 1:05:58 AM
I'm surprised no one said this one....

Going on and on about their ex'es

Asking hundreds of questions about my ex'es

Talking really, really loud

Using your cell phone at any time, for any reason(except maybe to see what time it is)

Telling me incredibly boring, completely uninteresting stories about their job

Talking about money ("I make WAY more than you do")

Talking about how perfect their last ex was and how they wish they were still with him

Being completely non-responsive to anything, giving mixed/no signals, and otherwise making my job as a man virtually impossible (Since yes, most women are usually insecure and/or rejection-phobes so they often force us to make the first move. Sorry ladies but 'giving the vibe' only works about .03% of the time.)
 tbar
Msg: 9
Posted: 10/30/2005 1:18:44 AM
Oh I got one. How about some conversation involving how you feel when you look at the stars or why you like your favorite season. I mean come on show yourself.
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 10
Posted: 10/30/2005 1:20:48 AM
pulling my tube top down

that made a bad impression

I would have beat him up if I could have

so instead I told him I would have sex with him

and left when he was in the bathroom

hahaha
 Arduinna
Msg: 11
Posted: 10/30/2005 1:22:55 AM

Using your cell phone at any time, for any reason(except maybe to see what time it is)

My cell has to go with me everywhere for work. If this is a deal breaker for everyone then it sucks to be me! lol Having said that, most people realize my work situation before the 'first meet', and work usually knows when I am 'available only in EMERGENCY' If my cell phone rings on a date, I use the call display function. If it is anyone BUT work, it doesn't get answered.
 kain
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 2:57:50 AM
tis appened 2 my brutter lol how bout when woman decides 2 take detour in store?? an starts pointing tings out an wannin 2 know ifin u buy tis o tat 4 her? lol
 buzzingbee
Msg: 13
Posted: 10/30/2005 3:32:35 AM

Implying sexual innuendos straight away from the moment we met...

Evasive answers...

Not feeling any enthusiasm when it comes to his hobbies, interests...

Lacking sense of humour...

Toying with mobile phone...

Fidgety...restless...is also

buzz
 Nipper66
Msg: 14
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:11:10 AM
When a guy expects sex on the first night.....
 blu_eyed_gal
Msg: 15
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:12:35 AM
bad impression:

interupting me
asking me the same questions repeatedly and then interupting me when I answer

Country Lady
Msg: 16
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:13:31 AM
There have been a number of things that were immediate turn offs for me - many mentioned already

Others are:

Complaining the entire time about how badly their ex(s) treated them when they were perfect

Not being able to carry a conversation beyond the first 5 minutes (when you have to resort to the weather you know you're in trouble)
 anicegirl34
Msg: 17
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:15:16 AM
A bad impression on a first date would be if my date was rude to the waitress, or couldn't hold up his end of a conversation.
 smile with your eyes
Msg: 18
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:18:52 AM
OH god I totally agree with the being rude to wait staff! Anyone guy or girl that bashes the wait staff to act as though they(wait staff) are beneath them is a huge turn off. I say Anyone cuz I've had girls that I work with and we run out to grab lunch and they do this...that bugs me big time.

Also a big turn off on a date...guys that try to use slang(when they are too old to)...fo shizzle...and go on with it for about a solid minute saying words that end in izzle.
 discover
Msg: 19
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:26:09 AM
Being rude to others is a major turn off for me.

1) Lying about your appearance (be it through words, or through old pictures posted) It really sucks when you don't even recognize the person you are supposed to be meeting

Yeah, I was more surprised than dissapointed when this happened to me. She didn't look like her pic (I never asked how old the pic was, maybe I should have) and I almost didn't recognize her.
 Dog Mommy
Msg: 20
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:30:26 AM
Having BO and looking like you rolled out of bed

Loud, lewd behavior combined with absolutely no manners

talking only about yourself and being a terrible listener

Checking out every skirt that walks by

Telling me you don't like animals

Going on and on about your material things and how much money you make

Being a terrible kisser

Calling the waitress Hun

drinking like a fish
 blu_eyed_gal
Msg: 21
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:34:31 AM
thanks Sharon I forgot those things
 hb2
Msg: 22
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:45:09 AM
Posted By: discover on 10/30/2005 109 PM
Subject: What makes a bad impression on a first date with you?

1) Lying about your appearance (be it through words, or through old pictures posted) It really sucks when you don't even recognize the person you are supposed to be meeting "

Yep I have had that happen to me - a guy posted a picture of a totally different person who only had similar hair and eye colour and they think that is a "good" way to start a relationship. I still had a fun time tho but he was "off the list" from the beginning... thank heaven for webcams
 dave1234
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 10/30/2005 5:45:33 AM

then he spent the remainder of the evening shoving his tongue down my throat.... I actually had to use my tongue/teeth to push it out!!!!

Ahahahahahahahaha. That is too funny! Next time pretend you are gagging. He'll get the message. Ahahahahahahaha
 DavePinFlorida
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/30/2005 6:21:37 AM

I certainly will put the vibe out there

You bring a vibe with ya on your first dates?
 blue3535
Msg: 25
Posted: 10/30/2005 7:49:26 AM
men who want nothign but sex from the date also men who lile and are stuck on themselves and compare you to thier ex.'s. bad breath and being dirty not well matained in apperance
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What makes a bad impression on a first date with you?