Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania restaurants and first date ideas  > Good Places to eat, and good places to take a date      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 markus
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Good Places to eat, and good places to take a datePage 1 of 2    (1, 2)
What are good local places for a first date, and what are good local places to eat ?
 ergun
Msg: 2
Good Places to eat, and good places to take a date
Posted: 11/1/2005 11:46:41 PM
THE GREAT AMERICAN DINER&PUB -BENSALEM-132 STREET RD.PA.
 Linguatic
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/15/2005 6:48:34 AM
Geez, I hate to give away my secrets. Tell you what -- swpa ladies who contact me can find out where the good local places for first dates are, because I'll take them there :P

As for good local places to eat, that's a bit over-broad, isn't it? pittsburgh.citysearch.com works pretty well for me.
 pygalgia
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/15/2005 1:04:47 PM
In Pittsburgh, I recommend the cafe in the newly remodelled Phipps Botanical Conservatory near Pitt and Carnegie Mellon Universities. It's a sunny, casual place, with excellent and unique soups and sandwiches (how about squash bisque with nutmeg and diced apples and a grilled multi-grain panini with smoked turkey, artichokes and gouda cheese?) plus they serve imported beers and wine by the glass. You can wander through the fantastic indoor and outdoor gardens before or after you eat or head over to the nearby Carnegie Museum of Art and Natural History. By the way, the cafe in the Museum is excellent as well.

For the true Pittsburgh experience after a night on the town, it's hard to beat standing at the counters at the raucous original Primanti Brother's sandwich shop down in the Strip District at 3:00 a.m. wolfing down a sandwich overflowing with pastrami, swiss cheese, skin-on french fries and vinegary cold slaw stuffed between slabs of italian bread. Aaaah, heaven!
 Linguatic
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/15/2005 6:46:29 PM
Yum, the Phipps café sounds great. I know what *I* am doing for lunch tomorrow! If anybody sees me there, stop over and say hi...
 StairwayToHeaven
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/26/2005 3:59:47 PM
SMOKY BONES IS NICE YOU CAN TALK TO EACH OTHER AND THE FOOD IS GOOD
 spotmosko
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/9/2006 5:07:00 PM
If passion after eating is somewhat likely, Havana in New Hope followed by a makeout session on the statue with the pile of cannonballs right down the street. If a makeout on a pile of cannonballs is not in the cards, Nick's Bar in South Philly is tough to beat- coolest ambience and the world's best roast beef sandwich. Wear short sleeves to avoid ruining your shirt, and know that it is 92% likely you will get double parked for awhile. A date she'll never forget.
 anenigma
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:13:06 PM
Great place if you're in Philly....Old City...do a google of 'old city philadelphia restaurants'....
and take your pic, the date will love it!
 xchuck
Msg: 9
Posted: 6/22/2006 7:18:08 PM
Carmen's italian restaurant in Woodlyn, Pa. Nice little cozy place with excellent italian food
 ponygrl™
Msg: 10
Posted: 7/29/2006 9:38:22 AM
ummm, let's see, i'm not gonna take a date, he's gonna take me to the restaurant of his choice (maybe the olive garden) then maybe a romantic walk under the starry skies to talk and get to know more about each other. maybe out dancing at the woodlands sounds like fun too.
 ponygrl™
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/1/2006 8:15:37 AM
ok, so i didn't make it to the olive garden but i went to the oak creek rest. on 924 in shepton (schuylkill county) and i thought that it was very nice there. the food was very good, the settings, there is the inside rest. that is also a banquet hall and the outside patio over looking a stream. i would go there again. the service is great, the food was very good, the atmosphere is very friendly considering it was just my date and i and 2 other couples outside, we all talked (except for my date).
 LovesPassion
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/4/2006 4:52:57 AM
I Think The Hotel Hershey is a Fantastic 1st date place, You have the choice of being outdoors ( just in case you want to run away..lol), and the views are spectaular, over looking the town of Hershey and the Rose Gardens when they are in Bloom are truely intoxicating.

Then theres the Hotel, which is a neat place to walk around and chat, and they have the Tile room Pub, which is Dark, Cool and Romantic ( DCR ;-). They generally have some type of Music going on from a Flamenco Guiatrist to Light Jazz.

They also have 3 really fantastic restaurants, of which my favorite is the Circular dinning room, But they do have Pub Grub in the other restaurants if thats your fancy.

I rate it a 9 on a 10 scale, definetly check it if your in the area.
 stever298
Msg: 13
Posted: 8/4/2006 9:32:49 PM

THE GREAT AMERICAN DINER&PUB -BENSALEM-132 STREET RD.PA.

That place is so over-rated. Breakfast is good, that's it. The bar is nice, but cramped. Better off going to Chickie's and Pete's.
 OnTheBus
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/15/2006 3:13:38 PM
Broad Street Market...Harrisburg...its a farmers market, but really cool and eclectic and lots to see, do eat and laugh about together.
 Spirit50
Msg: 15
Posted: 9/24/2006 3:32:23 PM
... if you are in Southeastern PA try the Meditteranean in West Chester (Gay Street at Darlington)
 int21hex
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 5/20/2007 7:03:22 PM
You don't take your first "Date" to your special places... thems the breaks. To do so is to invite discomfort and disaster. ( I am very picky about my bed... and with that comes my places to eat and my places to sh*it). When dating you go to the hot scene if your looking for a volley fu*ck, or you go to a library or cafe if your not.
 amfg1979
Msg: 17
Posted: 9/7/2007 6:43:25 AM
great american = awesome food but way to many 21 yr old lil party animals for a date unless you wanna see a barstool thrown or perhaps a few punches or 21 yr olds who cant handle their liqour.. otherwise its a great place for breakfast after a long night at the bar.

personally id say south street, olde city, savoys, katmandu or jb's bistro in morrisville but in reality why get fancy and impress.. i mean if he or she really likes you it really wouldnt matter where the hell you take them :) tgi fridays or a simple restraunt would do or even a coffee shop or walk in the park. Trying to show someone something they are not gonna get all the time is only good if your looking for a quick rub and tug at the end of the night otherwise keep it simple.

btw you have a much better time and you aint forking out hundreds simply by going to a trenton thunder game or philadelphia minor league game. maybe a wings game. women love sporting events and they love to get dolled up for them. always a winner.
 azazel665
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/29/2007 8:20:08 AM
a great first meeting place in the allentown area would be hava java coffee shop on 19th street - specially if there is movie playing across the street at the civic theater, low key - and good way to get know someone
 classic1950
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/27/2007 5:24:26 AM
Personally, one of my favorite dates was dinner at a Doc Hollidays in New Cumberland PA and then to the comedy show at the Comedy Club on site. There was plenty of time for conversation at dinner and then a chance to see if you both laugh at the same comedians. After dinner and the show they usually have a band playing in the bar and you can sit in or outside (in warm weather) and talk or listen to the music over a drink.
 murrmaid
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/29/2008 7:22:27 AM
Let's not forget Fatheads in Southside! They're site is at http://www.fatheads.com. Bestest food on earth and very "at ease" kind of atmosphere! Perfect for a first date!
 Coach_reds
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/29/2008 12:07:48 PM
great american no... too many teens that get annoying... dave and busters you can sit and talk, have fun with the gamesm bowl or play pool.
 Pisces~65
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 4/21/2008 1:07:05 PM
DUNKIN DONUTS...coffee..YUM..lol ~Kel...
 lonesome wonderer
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 5/25/2008 5:24:55 PM
lol kel, dunkin donuts and coffee? wow, there aren't too many of them up here that i know of in schuylkill county. if you just want to go for coffee and donuts, why not krispy-cream just across from steam town in scranton, pa. just grab some krispy cream donuts and coffee and head on over to the steam town mall and museum.
hmmm, maybe if i were to go to the steam town museum and check out some of their train layouts it might give me some ideas for my own lionel o-27 trains. ummm, on 2nd thought, that might be a bad idea for me to go there.
 cherriboi
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/27/2008 7:59:34 AM
personelly if you in pittsburgh try montrey bay on mt. washington for dinner.
 pattyperson
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 6/30/2008 5:29:57 PM
Good places in PA are Rachel's Roadhouse and the Iron Bridge Inn both are in Mercer Pa.
Show ALL Forums  > Pennsylvania restaurants and first date ideas  > Good Places to eat, and good places to take a date