Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Secrets to attracting the opposite sex      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 squirrly
Msg: 1
Secrets to attracting the opposite sexPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
For men:

Eat Celery.

Celery contains Androsterone which is a potent male hormone that really turns on the gentler sex. It is released through perspiration, and even though the women cant smell it, they find themselves inexplicably attracted to the man whose androsterone levels are jumping high.
 rory27
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Secrets to attracting the opposite sex
Posted: 11/7/2005 2:21:15 PM
Yes, but squirrly, have you eaten celery? Blecch !.... How much are we talking about? Can it be buried under lots of sugar, chocolate sauce, and be chopped up finely into a beer float, perhaps?
 squirrly
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/7/2005 2:24:55 PM
look...you want to get a woman crazy...eat it! LOL I like it with peanut butter but the effect doesnt work on men.

More on Celery :

"When you chew a stalk of celery, you release androstenone and androstenol odor molecules into your mouth. They then travel up the back of your throat to your nose," says Alan Hirsch, M.D., author of Scentsational Sex. "Once there, the pheromones boost your arousal, turning you on and causing your body to send off scents and signals that make you more desirable to women." Try it next time you're in a bar. Grab the celery from your brother-in-law's Bloody Mary and munch away. "The pheromones take effect immediately, so you should notice the women around you paying more attention to you right away," says Dr. Hirsch. And if you strike out? "Celery is a low-calorie, high-fiber food, so you can eat as much as you want and not regret it later," says Ward."
 rory27
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 2:27:13 PM
This has been a most refreshing thread, and thank you for it. All this time in my four month slump I thought it was my naturally morose and withdrawn personality that was to blame. Time to shop for celery-- the love drug !
 squirrly
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/7/2005 2:39:15 PM
OK if you managed to attract her enough to agree to go on a date. Take her out for a steak dinner.

The food: STEAK The benefit: Keep your relationship sizzling

Visit your favorite steak house and sup on some lean sirloin. "The protein in the meat will naturally boost levels of dopamine and norepinephrine, two chemicals in the brain that heighten sensitivity during sex," says Ward. Your steak's also stuffed with zinc--a mineral that boosts libido by reducing your body's production of a hormone called prolactin, which may interfere with arousal. And best of all, eating red meat can help boost your testosterone level while limiting your body's production of SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin)--a substance that prevents bloodflow to the penis and reduces male sexual stamina.

The food: CHOCOLATE The benefit: At long last, you're a sensitive guy

After your steak, finish the evening with a couple of pieces of dark chocolate. The cocoa in chocolate contains methylxanthines, stimulants that increase your body's sensitivity--ensuring that your skin registers even the slightest touch or movement against it. Chocolate also contains phenylethylamine, a chemical that can give you a slight natural high. "For many people, the feeling is similar to the sensations you experience when you first fall in love," says Ward.
 rory27
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 2:52:32 PM
Thank gawd, chocolate and steak. Now I can forget about the celery. Glad I stopped back here before I went shopping.
 squirrly
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/7/2005 2:59:00 PM
hahaha NO!! you gotta eat the celery to attract the woman first so that she falls under your spell and THEN you make her the dinner.
 rory27
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:06:11 PM
Hmm....OK, I'll give the floor to someone else. How can I best choke back the celery before getting to the dessert? More suggestions, please.
 LIFE PARTNER WANTED!!
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:13:16 PM
Holey Cow...I like Cearers, Celery, Sirloin and Dark Chocolate!!! So that's why the women are always staring at me!!!....and here I thought I forgot to do something up...LMAO!!!!
 Whatheshack
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:14:19 PM
and pineapple supposedly makes your sperm taste better so be sure to eat lot's of that as well, this will keep her giving you B/J's
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:15:56 PM
lol....... this is a cute thread....
but now there will be a celery shortage
and with Thanksgiving coming up....
this will be a very bad thing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nunthewiser
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:30:20 PM
LOL.. whatheshack-.. this is true... but it also goes for any lemon drink as well..

as for the celery... would it have more effect if it is eaten on its own... or in something for those men who dont like the taste of it.... IE. stirfries... alot of asian foods have it in there as middle eastern....seafood salad (fresh crab meat, celery, prawns -shrimp- and mayo) putting something ontop of it like cottage cheese or philly cheese spread... ok thats how i i like to eat it.. but ewwwwww squirrly on the peanutbutter...lol...

maybe if there is going to be a shortage over there we could put the freetrade into good practice... we have it all year round here and never a shortage...lol...
 squirrly
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:36:06 PM
on the same lines as whattheshack said....for sweeter tasting girlie parts.>>>

"There are no studies on it, but some people report that what they eat has a temporary impact on the scent and flavor of their bodily secretions," says Andrea Price, M.D. This may be caused by the chemicals certain foods release into your bloodstream during digestion. Their odor may affect vaginal fluids just as they do breath. What to avoid? Asparagus; cruciferous veggies such as broccoli and cabbage, strong spices and red meat. Before a hot date, you may want to try mangoes, papaya, parsley and pineapple, foods that are said to make you tastier. "

now I just noticed it said...no red meat which kinda messes up what I said earlier in the thread.
 nunthewiser
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:43:28 PM
LOL.. you also forgot to put in there washing to get rid of the deadskin and built up sweat...lol... which is an important factor... but i know from some men... they partner might eat well... they just dont wash well in the parts that matter..
 squirrly
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:45:28 PM
EWWW I thought the washing thing was normal good grooming for any guy or girl.

OK here's one for the girls.

"The Smell and Taste Research Foundation in Chicago - discovered only that ‘in those with a normal olfactory ability, a variety of odours can increase penile blood-flow’. These odours included pumpkin pie, liquorice, doughnuts and lavender, and various combinations of these, as well as oriental spice and cola.

The most effective were a lavender/ pumpkin pie mixture, a doughnut/ black liquorice mixture and a pumpkin pie/doughnut mixture - but the results depended on other factors such as whether the participants’ partners wore cologne and how many times they had had intercourse in the last month."

So maybe if you give him pumpkin pie for desert and spray lavender around the room, he won't be able to resist you!
 Whatheshack
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:47:24 PM
On the other side of the coin foods high in sugar, salt , saturated fat and processed foods are known to cause a lack of interest in sex and difficulty reaching orgasm....

That's why you never take your date to McDonald's for dinner...
 Whatheshack
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:50:24 PM

These odours included pumpkin pie, liquorice, doughnuts and lavender,

Then women get annoyed when we get fat...
 nunthewiser
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 3:56:13 PM
LOL.. squirrly.. any normal being will do such a thing.... but my male friends have told me on many occassions once they got into that groove thing with a girl after awhile she stopped taking care of herself...in parts where it mattered

one girl i knew from growing up.. my sisters mate... damn... we called her dean.. she relied on her looks to get the man... not her hygene.... and she wondered why they never called her back....lol.. you only smelt that old musty moldy smell when she got into a car or crossed her legs on the floor...
 squirrly
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:03:05 PM
OMG thats just gross!

HYGIENE is definately needed to attract the opposite sex. I just didn't think it was a secret! LOL
 Sierrasman
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:05:49 PM
Thank you Dr. Squirrly!
 nunthewiser
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:15:16 PM
LOL... its not.... but to some it is....

I have not feared in saying what i have thought after that... ok i may have grown up a little since knowing her... i was about 10-13 at the time she use to hang around..we did everything to tell her and always gave her soap for presents... but just never got the hint....

but theres nothing wrong with telling ya mates to scrub that box....

i scrub it.. i shave it... i even wear the right undies to stop it and help it breathe...lol...

also goes with males too.. i have found for a hyigene smell.. it all depends on their underwear they are wearing... wear none no smell... wear boxers - cotton no smell, silk little smell... fullon hugging the sacks.. there is a smell...lol...

for males is it a hyigene problem..??? maybe... but i think it is a bad choice in underwear...lol...
 squirrly
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:17:58 PM
@sierrasman......there ya go ...another secret. Play doctor once in a while.
 Navigator
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:35:32 PM
squirrly thanks for the advices, now Vons will be out of celery and chocolate soon
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:37:13 PM
lol..... for sweeter girl parts, wouldnt it just be easier
to stick a peppermint candy up there?

lol

squirrly
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/7/2005 4:45:52 PM
here's some basics....as the subject of hygiene was brought up.

What makes a man attractive to a woman? Follow these tips to make yourself more appealing.

1.Take pride in your appearance. Realize you only have one chance to make a good first impression.

2.Appeal to all her senses through your sensuous voice, fragrance, clothing and appearance.

3.Give her a reason to think about you. Wear a masculine fragrance that haunts her memory, tasteful clothes that she yearns to touch, a smile that she can't get out of her mind.

4.Flirt with her by sending silent signals of your interest through subtle body language.

5.Treat her like she's the center of your world. Focus your full attention on her and block out distractions.

6.Listen intently to what she has to say, and respond with respect for her opinions.

7.Ask about her interests, her work and her hobbies. Pay attention to the details.

8.Be honest and sincere. Keep your promises. Call if you say you're going to call. Show up at the time you say you're going to arrive. Don't make idle promises that you have no intention of keeping.

9.Let her know you're different from other men. Emphasize your originality through your personality, intelligence and behavior. Don't pretend you're anyone other than yourself.

10.Refrain from boasting, particularly about your past triumphs with other women.

11.Leave a little something to the imagination. Don't bare all or tell all immediately. An air of mystery can be provocative and appealing to a woman.

Your appearance and body language may catch her attention, but it takes personality and charm to sustain a woman's interest.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Secrets to attracting the opposite sex