Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > The Great Sign, Richest Religion In The World....Christianity      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Nibe
Msg: 1
The Great Sign, Richest Religion In The World....ChristianityPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
If there be a all powerful being, it would bless the true religion. Its true religion would be hard workers, and would prosper. Notice all the Christian nations....and how they have prospered. I ask you, what greater sign would you have in your life, for a religion to look at.
 seriouslyfunnylady
Msg: 2
view profile
History
The Great Sign, Richest Religion In The World....Christianity
Posted: 11/8/2005 6:43:29 AM
Nibe,

What do you consider prosperous?

When the Indians had control of the United States, there wasn't poverty.

There was food for all. Most of them lived a Nomadic type of life following the heards.

They thanked the spirits for giving life so they could have life. There wasn't gluttony.

The children were raised by the community and loved by all.

Somehow that seems to me a more prosperous existance then what we have now.
 taurus516
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 7:27:22 AM
When the Indians had control of the United States, there wasn't poverty.

There was food for all. Most of them lived a Nomadic type of life following the heards.

They thanked the spirits for giving life so they could have life. There wasn't gluttony.

The children were raised by the community and loved by all.

Another example of PC inacuracies.Native American tribes were no different from anyone else.The stronger tribes over ran and took slaves from the weaker tribes.Food availability was based on how the stuff grew and who got to it first.The main difference was that ownership of land was an alien concept to them.But by and large the NA's fought amongst themselves and even joined Europeans in wars to fight the tribes they were warring against.Ever heard of the French/Indian Wars?

People are people,makes no difference what race they are,all suffer from the same evils,just realized differently is all.
 Jimmy66
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/8/2005 7:47:25 AM
I have to agree with Taurus on this one. American and Native Indians is one of my best studies. I was always fascinated in their beliefs and courage but Indians were not without poverty. Many were killed by snowstorms or other tribes. Some tribes were very dominant in the land and had most control of their sections. Not to mention the many diseases that Indians died from.

Christianity is one of the richest religions. It has grown to great numbers but in the past years it has droped in America.
 SkeeterWidget
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 12:54:24 PM
Sorry dude... But thats bullshit. There are plently of individual people out there that are doing way better then any christen. Lets us my parents as an example... They are christens. And nothing will ever change that. They have gone compleatly belly up. There lifes SUCK ASS. Yet Bill Gates... A thief, is a multi billionaire. Do you think that he is a christen. No. The only reason churchs are doing so well is because they have coned there members to give them 10% of there income. So that 'god' will bless them... Where are the blessings??? In the church? Thats bullshit. How about we take away the tithe... How 'blessed' will they be then?
 seriouslyfunnylady
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 3:39:09 PM
Taurus,

I know there were warrior tribes, I do understand that the Indians suffered hardships due to weather and foods not growing.

I was refering to before ANY intervention by the White man.....

Before we decided to pave over the country and fill the air with fumes.

America truly was filled with the riches, and I am not talking Gold and Silver.
 robert_paulson
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/8/2005 3:59:02 PM
SFL there are a lot of great things that can be said about the pre columbian inhabitants of North America, but I think you are over romanticising it a bit into some continent of hippies.
 seriouslyfunnylady
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/8/2005 4:23:35 PM
cracking up ....with visions of Indians making peace signs....and saying * otta sight man* while smoking the peace pipe.
 Jimmy66
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/8/2005 5:58:55 PM
Skeeter,

I think you misread the post. The OP wasn't talking about individuals he said "religion". Which means as a whole. And tithing isn't required it is only requested. Such as offerings. The Church does many great things with that money also.

Sorry that you have a hatred toward the Church.

Actually tithing was originaly meant for someone to give 10% of their flock to God. Originaly people were to sacrifice their the first-born out of any herd or flock. Now the individuals of the Church feel like it's their duty to give to the Church. So they adopted tithing from 10% of the flock to 10% of your income. It isn't required though.
 SkeeterWidget
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/1/2005 12:38:31 PM
Im sorry Jimmy... but your wrong. You need to read your bible young man. The tith is required for 'gods' blessings. The offering is what you give over and above the call of the tith. Trust me... I was raised in a christen church.. and was forced to read the bible cover to cover. The church I was at desided that they needed a better looking building, rather then a shelter, or something for the community. That total bullshit. It says in the NEW testement to bring your 10% to the storage house. That was after the death of christ.. So they no longer needed to sacrafice... because the greatest sacrafice had been made. So god required the church to get 10% of whateve money hit your greedy little hands... That means birthday money, bonuses, and everything. I didnt misread the question... The church is so 'blessed' because christens are so damn gulloble. If someone on the street asked you to give them 10% of your income so that they could 'bless' you.. Would you do it? Hell no! Thats a load of crap.
 funn1
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/1/2005 12:46:49 PM
Jesus war poor. Keep that in mind.

We are as christians ask to give 10% of what we make but there is nothing in the bible that says if we do that we will be rich, it does say things will last longer stuff like that.

But if ppl base if they are Gods ppl by the money they have,they might want to read more of the bible.
Mark 10:17-22

17And when he was gone forth into the way, there came one running, and kneeled to him, and asked him, Good Master, what shall I do that I may inherit eternal life?

18And Jesus said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God.

19Thou knowest the commandments, Do not commit adultery, Do not kill, Do not steal, Do not bear false witness, Defraud not, Honour thy father and mother.

20And he answered and said unto him, Master, all these have I observed from my youth.

21Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

22And he was sad at that saying, and went away grieved: for he had great possessions.
 lateā„¢
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/1/2005 12:49:32 PM
Interesting, .....isn't it also true that the richest(monetary) societies spend the least amount of time with children and family in order to further the cause of consumerism and consumption?

A sign?

..... more like a price tag.
 lady-fair
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/1/2005 12:51:15 PM
Notice all the Christian Nations and how they have prospered. Ok...
I'm trying to find one nation that is entirely comprised of Christians. I don't see one.
Christian majority sure, but not entirity.
So let's look at nations that have a Christian Majority in their population.
Canada....we're starting our federal election campaign over the "christmas" month. Very Christian! Political wars. yay.
America...I don't even know where to begin.
Varying countries throughout Europe, all with their own problems with poverty and greed.

Religious wars all over the place, over "holy" land. Very proper! Sure...I mean, it's all about the possessions and nothing to do with the actual faith.

True religion....There are so many different religions that are true to the people who believe in them, have faith in them, that you simply cannot say that one is true and one is not. It's subjective. It's about faith, not reality.

I'm all for faith, faith is great. Cramming it down other peoples throats is another story all together.
 JacksSmerkingRevenge
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/1/2005 12:54:08 PM
What about Japan? Or China for that matter.... What about India and Saudi Arabia!? These are all incredibily rich countries that are most decidely non-christian. Also, China and India are shaping up to be the dominate empire's in the future... There gaining more power, but not becoming more christian.
 Summer Teeth
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/1/2005 12:55:38 PM
Nibe, so you're saying that money and security have something to do with the faith of a nation?

I'm not buying it.
 wonkavision
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/1/2005 11:04:39 PM
Well, nibe there seems to be a consensus that your suggestion is spurious. Everyone has satisfactorily debunked it, but I would also point out that even the premise is a flawed assumption.

"If there be a all powerful being, it would bless the true religion."

Why? There are other possibilities as well. Perhaps he would be neutral, not really involving himself in his creation, or perhaps he may test the faith of the "true" religion. Does the story of Job ring a bell? Or perhaps there is no "true" religion and he feels equal compassion for them all.
 longte
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/2/2005 12:37:08 AM
Just a simple look at the bible itself would be enough to remove all credence from the original post

Didn't Jesus Christ himself kick the money lenders from the temple and say
"Give to Ceasar what is Ceasars, and give to God what is Gods?

From that you would start to believe that if The Son Of God, had no interest in money,
he would also have no real interest in Religions that wanted/hoarded money??
 funn1
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/2/2005 12:42:10 AM
MATT:6
19Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal:

20But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal:
 passionteman
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/2/2005 10:17:31 AM
Any religion to be a true religion has to be compatible with current, proven scientific facts as well as compatible in different societies. I am afraid my friend you failed on the first one. The reason these nations have advanced is due to technology and science and not Christianity!!! :) Besides, rich means you own money and property not hold credit cards and owe the bank for mortagage. lol.

JacksSmerkingRevenge
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/2/2005 2:19:35 PM
^^^^

True that. Only the elite few are rich.. Everyone else is treading water or in debtors prison.
 sister_wife2005
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/2/2005 3:13:05 PM
The only reason churches are doing so well is because they have conned there members to give them 10% of there income. So that 'god' will bless them... Where are the blessings??? In the church? Thats bullshit. How about we take away the tithe... How 'blessed' will they be then?

We agree 100% The tithe is not for the enrichment of the church and the pastor, but for the poor, who we are mandated to feed and clothe. We dont go giving 10% of our money to the poor, we feed them and clothe them and that is all we feel we are required by Yahweh to do.

Steve & Kara

PS our first obligation is to our family who has fallen on hard times.
 Tails76
Msg: 22
Posted: 12/2/2005 4:31:01 PM
I dunno; according to this cat's profile, he's collecting social security at age 23. Maybe Christianity has done him some good.
 chinua
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/3/2005 2:20:51 PM
when I was in Quito, Ecuador......I took a look at the inside of a catholic church...and was pretty disgusted at all the gold......when there were little kids begging outside.....at night....
 ezgoinguy
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/3/2005 2:48:20 PM
While Iroquois blood pressure runs high, America's unsung heroes have been models of passive resistance. Some Americans look at Gandhi and Tibetans as heroes; (Tibetans were warlike until 200yrs ago), not realizing that many of our Indian Nations were probably their inspiration.

The Hopi of Arizona, the 100+ California Tribes and the "Tree of Peace" of the Iroquois have 1000-year track records of Peace.

"The Great Law of the Iroquois Confederacy is the oldest, purest, and most continuous form of democracy for world peace on the planet."

"The Treaty of 1794 was modeled after their Dutch Wampum Treaty Belt that symbolized--you stay in your boat (culture, laws) and we'll stay in ours as we travel along side by side as equals-- respecting and allowing each other to be who we are--the basis of peace.

Imagine the world if "the kids" had followed that! "Why do we pay so much attention to our Romans and Greeks when we have our Native Americans," asked Henry David Thoreau.

Sad truth, the US only ever honored 2 treaties of the hundreds it signed with Native Americans and also, a majority of the sentiments and articles within the Constitution is based upon the Iroquois peace treaty.

Most of the wars and other travesties that are related to native peoples is directly related to the Christian missionaries and others who looked to manipulate tribes and the land/resourses for their own personal gain.
 Dahliakitten
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 12/4/2005 2:59:06 AM
Go ahead slam the religion and Christians. That's what makes this country great. Although the U.S.of A. WAS FOUNDED ON THE WORD OF THE CHRISTIAN GOD. THE PILGRIMS BROUGHT THE KINGS JAMES VERSION BIBLE OVER HERE WITH THEM. FOR THE RELIGIOUS BELIEFES THEY LEFT ENGLAND AND FOUNDED THE THIRTEEN COLONIES WITH THE KINGS JAMES VERSION BIBLE. IN GOD WE TRUST. THE CHRISTIAN GOD. THANK YOU FOR THE FREEDOM OF SPEECH.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > The Great Sign, Richest Religion In The World....Christianity