Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Hambone352
Msg: 1
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?Page 1 of 10    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10)
Happened to me one time....there was this one woman, like late 20's had a picture of herself, it was kinda burry, she was dressed ina black sweatshirt, dark pants, and sunglasses....kinda baggy clothes on in the pic.

I saw no shape on her actually, but she looked slender...and it was rather a blurry photo...she had long blonde hair.

The picture was so casual, that it really didn't do her justice.

When I met her in person.....my jaw almost literally hit the ground!!

She was dressed in office attire, a pink SNUG fitting long sleeved shirt ....and boobs like double DD sized...she was rather tall, and a picture perfect body!!

Beautiful blue eyes....a regular Barbie doll in person.
 *Tee*
Msg: 2
Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?
Posted: 11/11/2005 9:42:09 AM
I've been lucky...the guys I've dated till now have looked better in person then in their pics!
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/11/2005 9:43:46 AM
Only one man... a tall dark man with huge brown eyes....
when I saw him, I literally froze in my tracks....
he was maybe the best looking man I ever saw in real life...
perfect teeth and skin. Tall (about 6 foot 4)... beautiful voice, olive skin tone, nice hands....
and was he ever built !!!!!
BUT...... it was a disappointment to see below the
surface. Emotionally, intellectually, spiritually, mentally.... he was
like a teenager of the worse kind. Irresponsible, no integrity, dishonest and
basically a user. He lives at home with his parents because he could not
control his spending... he liked to party and go out to eat all the time...
with money he did not have....
could not even hold a job for long. When I did a background check
I found he had 2 felonys long ago when he was in his 20's and
did some time... drugs and something about
beating someone to near death.
hmm. Seemed he was prone to have a temper, huh?
Was glad his parents took care of him... kept him from doing anything desperate
or using those awseome looks of his to do evil ;)

LOOKS ONLY GO SO FAR. They are only part of the package and even if he
was dripping in beliguim chocolate.. I would still have had to pass.
 soulthing
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/11/2005 9:54:19 AM
Normaly they are prettyer than on photos!!!!
Its just often to much lying and hiding on the ads!!!!
 vp2
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/11/2005 9:55:05 AM
yes, it's happened to me once. She was absolutely gorgeous. It's against rules to say who she is, but she still visits the forums every now and again and knows who she is
 Dime12804
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2005 10:30:41 AM
I'm gonna have to guess it's much more likely for a guy to look better in person than a woman. Sure, women can dress down intentionally for a pic. In fact, that's a pretty good strategy. But guys, I think, generally don't worry too much about their own pictures. I know I don't too much. Well, didn't until I started posting personals. Now I'm just clueless.

I've met a few from personal ads and I have to admit. They usually aren't as pleasing to the eyes in person. I don't understand how a woman can justify finding the best pic ever taken of her, regardless of how long ago it was, and post it as her main pic. Then, and only if you're lucky, you'll get to see more pics that look so totally different that you're trying to decide which one looks best.

The kicker here is, while it is shallow to go off of appearance, that's pretty much what we have to start off with. I'm not too picky really, but there should be a physical attraction from the get go. Disguising yourself will only go so far. And meeting someone for a date or whatever becomes real awkward if you look nothing like the pics you have in your profiles.

I tell ya, it's been difficult, but it has taught me something. I now know I am a nice guy because I can't bring myself to say or do anything differently when faced with that kind of disappointment. I've met some quality women along the way, but the deception is something to keep in mind and I've never pursued another date with someone who did that.

Someone told me in the profile review forum to take random pictures in different settings and unexpectedly. This should give a person viewing your profile some kind of idea what to "really" expect when they meet you.
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/11/2005 11:21:35 AM
oh trust me.... the guys pics can be just as disappointing
 astrosky
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2005 12:20:37 PM
The best way to go about having this happen is to agree to date someone with no picture, build a picture in your mind of the most hideous face you can think of, and when you meet them you'll be pleasantly suprised...most of the time.
 Nick_G.
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/11/2005 12:46:15 PM
Yes I have. I met a girl that seemed really cool and everything. But I couldn't really tell what she looked like. Since I don't go by looks I went ahead and met her anyway. my eyes almosted popped out of my head when I seen her. She's really good looking.
 ksue44
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/11/2005 12:58:56 PM
I met a fella online about 6 years ago. His picture was pretty darn awesome. When he showed up at my doorstep, it took me 30 seconds before I could speak! He was beyond awesome!! I think the hairs on the back of my neck stood up, I was totally "wowed".
 jjthedj
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/11/2005 1:53:20 PM
I HAVE to look better in person than in my pics.
Or I'm screwed!
 indigo rose
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/11/2005 2:05:05 PM
I'll let you know tomorrow
 benchfluff
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 11/11/2005 2:07:52 PM
You know you take an awful photo when the guy shows up and says take you pic down I don't want anyone else to see it lol..Why did he agree to meet me if he thought I was a troll? Guess he saw potential..Profile hidden now but I like these forums lol
 CountrySugar
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/11/2005 2:25:46 PM
the last gentleman I met had pictures of himself up, none that really caught my eye, he actually looked kinda nerdy like..but in person..mercy
 ajadams
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/13/2005 4:50:29 PM
I've met several that looked ten times better in person than in their pic. One of them I felt like I was a teenager all over again when I saw him in person because he was so hot. I knew he was a runner but when we talked on the webcam he looked a little different than when we met in real life. I was jaw dropped I kept looking at him and giggling. He probably thought I was making fun of him or something.
 missy_pq
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/13/2005 4:58:38 PM
I have met 5 guys from POF and all but one of them was better looking than his pic. By the same token, I have been told that I looked better than my pic, too. Some of us are just noy that photogenic.
 terminallycute
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/13/2005 5:06:14 PM
Everytime I have met someone..they have told me that I looked better in person then my pics...perhaps they were being nice..who knows..

The people I have met have looked the same..(thank goodness) and I have never had a bad meeting (whew)

We hear all kinds of horror stories on here and I am so happy when I hear everything works out good
 good n plenty
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/13/2005 5:08:18 PM
I use to be a photographer, some people are real tough to get a good photo.
Has nothing to do with looks.
I am one of them, I look bad in photos, don't know why. I hate having them taken.
Now put me on the other side of the camera and I'm on fire !!!
 Frrosty
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/13/2005 5:24:13 PM
Oh yes.,

Face it dude; some of us are just not photogenic.

*shrugs*
 CheBellaLuna
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/13/2005 10:34:46 PM
So, Hambone, are you engaged yet?
 not high maintenance
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 11/14/2005 9:38:23 AM
Yes, I have met quite a few ppl that look better in person than in a pic.
 addictable
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/14/2005 4:21:25 PM
sure have...looked gorgeous in their pics, and holy pick me up off the floor in person! Pretty sure most people that have met me have been pleasantly surprised too :) Apparently I must not be photogenic if my pics don't do me justice...but whatev, maybe its just cuz i like to smile :)
 Built Ford Tough
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/14/2005 4:31:47 PM
Photogenic? Me? I couldn't take a decent pic if my life depended on it LOL.. some are just purdier then others I suppose
 ~Songbird~
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/14/2005 5:46:48 PM
Oh yes...his pics made him look like a bit of a dweeb and chubby...but I don' tknow what it was. He was and still is drop dead goregous. I could just eat him up.
 arachnoidalseainme
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/14/2005 6:50:11 PM
Every one I've met looks better in person. I'm told that my pictures don't do me justice either...Duh, like I didn't know that.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > Ever met someone PRETTIER than their pics?