Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 SexyWaterbaby
Msg: 1
To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
That is the question! Ladies do you like it? Men do you have it? Lol... Ya I really just want to know!
 SexyWaterbaby
Msg: 2
To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?
Posted: 11/17/2005 6:35:03 PM
HA! Isn't it funny how no one wants to answer this!
 maritimemac
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/17/2005 6:37:27 PM
not going near this one,but iam sure there is lots of lurking
 The Phys
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/17/2005 6:44:28 PM
I'll step up to the plate, I have nothing to hide, including foreskin, 'cause I have none...I's be circumcised. Wasn't really my choice, I was like 5 minutes old.
 SexyWaterbaby
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/17/2005 6:45:25 PM
I think it should be on your profiles! A lady shouldn't have to ask these questions...That's why I did ...see I can burn myself too!
 The Phys
Msg: 6
Posted: 11/17/2005 6:53:18 PM
is foreskin that much of a deal breaker? You should get POF to include that in the profile set up part. "Foreskin - there, gone, prefer not to say".
 SexyWaterbaby
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/17/2005 6:54:16 PM
Lol I love the options...and yes to me it is
 myfairmaiden
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/17/2005 7:25:53 PM
Sex wise I don't think it matters, but if I had a little boy I would be inclined to not have this procedure done. It's equivalent to docking a dog's tail.
 vancouver40
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/17/2005 7:29:52 PM
maybe to you it's the equivalent of docking a dog's tail, but it's a little more personal
to us guys
 Personalized
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/17/2005 7:31:05 PM
Well... Personalized does not get circumsized until he has children and the lady of his life (wife) agrees that it is time to get circumsized.
 Majestik19
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/17/2005 7:31:54 PM
My son isn't circumcised and neither is any of my gf's son's..
I really dont see a big deal with or without...I am finding that more and more men out there aren't and its fine by me.
The only complaint I have is for giving oral but other than that no biggy!
 SusieDee
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/17/2005 8:22:40 PM

Sex wise I don't think it matters, but if I had a little boy I would be inclined to not have this procedure done. It's equivalent to docking a dog's tail.

Well actually, sex wise, it DOES make a difference. Not a lot, but it is more comfortable with foreskin, although the days of experiencing non-safe sex are long gone, so no matter.

About its equivalency to having a dog's tail docked, I'm sorry that is no comparison. There are no sexually stimulating nerve endings in a dog's tail, and docking it doesn't render the dog's penis less sensitive.
 SusieDee
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/17/2005 8:31:19 PM
Sorry I was just following lines of logical thought.

eg, if I lost my foot in an accident, I would assume my nipples would not lose sensitivity.

It is a fact, however, that a man's penis will lose sensitivity after circumcision.
 michelle82
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/17/2005 8:36:29 PM
My son is done, and my new baby will too if it's a boy. Seen some older boys have to get it done, and wouldn't want my boys to have to go through it at an older age. And I know some guys have problems with bladder infections because of foreskin. As far as a preference sexually....they work the same... Everyone has their own opinion, and there is pros and cons to each side of this topic.

I wouldn't compare it to docking a dog's tail though...yikes...it is a big deal in my opinion.
 vancouver40
Msg: 15
Posted: 11/17/2005 8:36:48 PM
my choice wold be to not dock the dog's tail
 Sweet_Secret
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/17/2005 9:14:12 PM
Cut is preferred to Un...and I have 3 boys and paid a Hell of alot of money to have them done! (min. $200 each)
 Annabelle123
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/17/2005 9:20:06 PM
I got my son circumcised but I don't know if I would actually do it again. It was a very traumatic experience, not only for him (obviously) but for me being there. It was bad. The doctor was soo cold and did like 8 babies at a time, one right after anotherin small rooms lined up. It took like 30 seconds and the follow up was the doctor just glancing in his diaper. I would have liked it if they took a little more time talking to me. It was all done in a group, like the after care lectures and everything.

And there are no real medical reasons to do it. Some days I wonder if i had cause some insensitivity. I hope he will be happy with it in the future. It just feels like I took such a chance on him without really having a reason. My Mom paid for it and really pushed me so it sounded like a good idea. Now it just comes down to his preference. Hopefully he will be happy. Maybe I worry too much, I'm just a Mom.

What do you guys think? Are you happy with your parent's decisions? Do guys who are circumcised like it? As a girl I don't really have a preference as long as they are clean.
 Alluria
Msg: 18
Posted: 11/17/2005 9:26:57 PM
Well...I like em' cut. I think it looks nicer and there's no extra bits to worry about during oral sex.

HOWEVER...should I ever have kids...no way would I ever have them cut.
 Carmenita
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/17/2005 10:01:00 PM
im with Kwerkie.. prefer the cut, but wouldnt be a deal breaker u know. Doesnt change the motion of the ocean ;) just looks different.

as for children.... i have a girl so i havnt been faced with that yet...not really sure what i would do
 kas*
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/17/2005 10:10:15 PM
I actually prefer un...i have my reasons...
 Fluffy Handcuffs
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/17/2005 10:52:36 PM
I remember this one being asked around the early summer so here goes my 2 bits about it:

Sexually - it doesnt matter to me. Sure, us girlies may think it looks "prettier" without, but either way it all feels good and thats what matter for me (because it is ALL about moi!) and obviously for him becasue its what he knows.

For "health" reasons - either way, doesnt matter anymore, no such thing as healthier, cleaner, etc. It completely depends on the person's hygene. This has been proven over and over again, in medical journals, documentries, etc.

Personally - I have 2 boys and neither are "cut". I am totally against it. I think its cruel - I dont care if you cant rememer it. It just is. Ive seen it done in person, Ive seen it done on documentry tv, Ive heard the baby in the next room crying during and afterwards, been there when my nephew was done - its just tramatic. I did my fair share of research on it before making my decision, I suggest everyone does as well, not just becasue "I want him to look like his Daddy" - which doctors say its the #1 reason thats given and the #1 WRONG reason to do it.

The Penis, its a good thing...

gawd that sounds so Martha!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/17/2005 10:55:13 PM
any parent wanting to circumcise their child should have all the skin on their pinky finger cut off first.

then, if they can deal with the pain, let them choose to mutilate their child.

it's an unnecessary procedure that only causes the infant more trauma...they were just born for crying in a bucket...do they really need more than a boob and a little quiet?

how come we practice male circumcision, but not female? it's the same thing. unfortunately, people forget that cleanliness is pretty easy down there. just wash it.

so all you people who are going to say "it's a cleanliness thing"...how often do you shower? really...because if you're like most people, keeping a penis clean isn't that big of a deal.
 Fluffy Handcuffs
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/17/2005 10:57:26 PM
Im glad to hear the my same feelings but coming directly from a male's perspective.

Thanks Capt
 Sweet_Secret
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/17/2005 10:59:53 PM
I stand by my decision to circumcise my boys! There's a huge debate in the medical community as to whether or not it's necessary or not. Personal choice, same as immunization and all the other tough things we do to our kids because we think it's the best thing for them!
 Captain Sargasmo
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/17/2005 11:02:14 PM
it's only "the best thing to do" if it's backed up with logic and reason.

not because "i wanted to".

*edit*

and the debate has long been over. it's now viewed as a purely cosmetic procedure. which it is.

speaking of cosmetic surgery...should babies be given botox before they have their first pictures taken? wouldn't want them to look all wrinkly and such...
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > To Circumcise or Not to Circumcise?