Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > sexually aggressive men... like em or not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 1
sexually aggressive men... like em or not?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
I can't stand them and there is nothing worse then MEETING
a guy who thinks this is part of dating.

Personally, it makes me sick when in MEETING someone
new and the focus is on sex....

how do you feel about it?
 nottaprincess
Msg: 2
sexually aggressive men... like em or not?
Posted: 11/27/2005 2:05:47 PM
If they are sexually agressive BEFORE we even have a relationship FORGET IT... but I do like a moderately sexually agressive guy in a relationship...or maybe let me rephrase that...I like a motivated guy! LOL Let me know you are into me...ya know?? Hmmm...TMI....

Linda
 Sparda7
Msg: 3
Posted: 11/27/2005 3:15:26 PM
I don't like sexually aggressive men.... thankfully, I don't have to deal with them. Bwahahaha!
 Poorgie
Msg: 4
Posted: 11/27/2005 3:28:09 PM
Why make a topic about a mans needs? Men should not have to slave to get some attention but I do agree it is so discusting for a woman or man to expect a french kiss while on a date especially if he/she is dating other people doing the same thing. I think that is more discusting then anything else.
 ekkobeach
Msg: 5
Posted: 11/27/2005 3:31:57 PM
Women like sexually assertive men, not aggressive.

If you play 'nice guy' the entire night without showing (words, body language, whatever) an interest in the lady physically, then say hello to your new 'friend'.
 benchfluff
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2005 3:40:21 PM
I have to agree Linda..Not on the first date lol but definitely motivated if it goes beyond that.
 Ms. Picky
Msg: 7
Posted: 11/27/2005 3:40:49 PM
I can't stand when a man is all about sex. It's a turn off, and definitely grounds to not give them a second date.

But, when the interest is mutual, as well as the attraction, you don't seem to mind it as much. Heck, you might even become the aggressor!
 rainbow_fish
Msg: 8
Posted: 11/27/2005 3:55:26 PM
@ post 7.....
I agree totally.

thanks for your input
 williecleaver
Msg: 9
Posted: 11/27/2005 4:05:41 PM
NOT.......it's like being asked for sex on or before the first date. That in and of itself is a NO GO for me. It's a turn off. I'm a big girl, I can let them know if I'm interested without getting all aggressive, and so can they.
 nskcanuck
Msg: 10
Posted: 11/27/2005 4:26:26 PM
sexually aggressive men NO thanks, assertive yes. First I want to meet you in person, talk shoot the breeze and if there is a connection then fine.
If you DEMAND sex from then I DEMAND RESPECT.
I am not out to "hook" someone or play them up either.

I respond to profiles because there is something there I find interesting. I love guys who can write, and use their brains, show some creativity because if you stimulate my mind with your intellect, witty conversation and bits of twisted humor it may open possibilities for other opportunities. It's all about the face to face, one on one interaction simple as that.
How come there are more super horny guys out in POF land? What gives? Jeez I wish I had known about POF a lot sooner than later and NOT wasted my time with vacant parking lot people! lol!!
thanks
 sugar_mama
Msg: 11
Posted: 11/27/2005 6:59:35 PM
its a very "uncomfortable" feeling knowing thats all there leading towards...
so usually i tell them my 6 month rule and if there dirt there out and if there trully interested.. they will want to get to know me before "that" happens.
 SHE-DEVIL-36
Msg: 12
Posted: 11/27/2005 7:17:31 PM
well....I love sexually aggressive men!! I always reserve the right to take my time before becoming intimate....but love for him to ask anyway!! LOL.......ummm...nothing sexier than a man WITH sex on the brain...ALL NIGHT LONG....hehe....when a man looks at me like he is imagining ME with whip cream all over me...and NOTHING ELSE....wellll........hey..who am I to complain?...lol
 Douglajl
Msg: 13
Posted: 11/27/2005 8:01:06 PM
Women like sexually assertive men, not aggressive.

If you play 'nice guy' the entire night without showing (words, body language, whatever) an interest in the lady physically, then say hello to your new 'friend'.

Sorry, hate to be the grammar Nazi here but this kinda made me laugh

as·ser·tive Pronunciation (-sûrtv)
adj.
Inclined to bold or confident assertion; aggressively self-assured.

ag·gres·sive Pronunciation (-grsv)
adj.
1. Characterized by aggression: aggressive behavior.
2. Inclined to behave in an actively hostile fashion: an aggressive regime.
3. Assertive, bold, and energetic: an aggressive sales campaign.
4. Of or relating to an investment or approach to investing that seeks above-average returns by taking above-average risks.
5. Fast growing; tending to spread quickly and invade: an aggressive tumor.
6. Characterized by or inclined toward vigorous or intensive medical treatment: an aggressive approach to treating the infection.
7. Intense or harsh, as in color.
 Saphyre_mayden
Msg: 14
Posted: 11/27/2005 8:18:52 PM
As for me... I like a man who makes known that he's interested and in a relationship setting, let his desires known. The question could have been read many ways, being sexually aggressive doesn't mean that they are only after the 1 thing when you meet. That would have been made obvious before you even met them and if you chose to meet them anyways... it should be expected that they pursue the same.
Personally when in a relationship, I am aggressive and not shy to tell someone when I want them. I also like for the man to not be shy to take the initiative in a romantic as well as sexual setting.
Seems to me that you are saying that the men you are meeting are after only one thing... could be the men you are chosing to meet.
 Asmara
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2005 8:43:33 PM
A real turn off! There's nothing worse than trying to fight off a sexually agressive man especially on a first date. Felt like dealing with an octopus (that's what I nicknamed a man whose hands roaming too freely on a first date). The sad part is this men can't even tell that you are not enjoying their overt attention. How do you tell these men that when "No" means really "NO". UGH!
 livewirehere
Msg: 16
Posted: 11/27/2005 9:14:54 PM
Yup~~ ((Okay, it depends on if I'm attracted to him))--- If I am--Yup~~
 blondblueyed
Msg: 17
Posted: 11/27/2005 9:15:13 PM

Sorry, hate to be the grammar Nazi here but this kinda made me laugh.

Doug, I was thinking the same thing, in this particular instance I think assertive and aggressive are basically the same idea.

To answer the question, it depends on the timing and the relationship with the man. First dates or until you are open or willing for his advances it is a big turn off. When you are mutaully attracted you might actually want him to throw you on the bed without having to tell him.
 WhatdoYOUthink?
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 11/27/2005 9:49:10 PM
Hmmm. Maybe the OP has a point.

Or, perhaps she protesteth too much.

Hey Rainbow, why is the giant rat a boy rat? Did you check for genitalia, or is freud in the house?
 scooby66
Msg: 19
Posted: 11/27/2005 10:32:21 PM
ekko has it right!! i have played it both ways, the total gentleman, and the moderatley agressive date, and i tell you what i have had more women lose interest in me when i have been a gentleman on the first couople of three dates!

Times have changed but not soo much women like to let us think they don't think the same way we do but all the studies show women know within the 1st 5 minutes of meeting a man whether they want to have sex with them or not.

But they still want i guy to pay for dinner and be agressive and such and us poor guys are trying to decide which approach is the right one...lol

So don't dog the guys, because the nice guy in my experience has always finished last, heck a woman will date you get you to pay for dinner and then go home and bootie call the ex,
a decent guy one who is not a real player goes home thinking "well that went well" and ends up playing madden on xbox or playstation...lol

we are in a time where women are supposedly experiencing sexual freedom, yet i havent met too many that will be honest enough to tell a guy "hey your wasting your timedon't waste your money i am not interested"

at least most decent guys will let a woman know that they are not interested and not take advantage of the woman finacially or have them around becasue they are "usful" in certain situations!
 EvenNow
Msg: 20
Posted: 11/27/2005 10:42:00 PM
Love them.The more aggressive the more stimulating.
 doveofsilence
Msg: 21
Posted: 11/27/2005 11:06:34 PM
Since I didn't read anywhere that the question was referring to a first date.......
I have to say I love a sexually aggressive man. I am a shy person; therefore, I need someone more aggressive. It feels good to know that I am desired. I also find a man more desireable when he has enough confidence to be the aggressor.
 scooby66
Msg: 22
Posted: 11/27/2005 11:17:37 PM
lol... see what i mean?
but if a guy is aggressive and you don't want em to be their a jerk...lol
if a guy throws caution to the wind and is aggressive with a woman that isn't attractive or wants to go slower than some, the poor guy has screwed up!!

if the guy does the nice guy thing and he woman wants him to be aggressive then the woman moves on to the more aggresive guy leaving the decent guy in the dust...lol
then she will complain when the guy doesn't treat her well or call her after he gets what all of us guys want...lol

Hey give us a break be aggresive with us once in a while i mean most guys won't even go on a date with a woman they don't find attractive and hope to yanno...lol it is only fair with womens lib and all...lol

tis a no win situation for us guys!!...lol
 scooby66
Msg: 23
Posted: 11/27/2005 11:19:44 PM
It also isn't about confidence,

it is about respect, not wanting to put that person in an awkward position... some of us guys need helpful hints...lol
 EvenNow
Msg: 24
Posted: 11/27/2005 11:27:49 PM
Awkward positions can be fun.
 scooby66
Msg: 25
Posted: 11/27/2005 11:34:49 PM
lol yes they can!! but, me personally i like hints....lol i don't wanna be accuse of being a jerk or even worse be labeled a perv only out for one thing...lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > sexually aggressive men... like em or not?