Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > do you look at the profile before opening the email or not?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 notregme
Msg: 1
view profile
History
do you look at the profile before opening the email or not?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
do you look at the profile before opening the email or not?just wanted to get a feel for how some decide to reply to emails.i look first at there profile,but i away answer weather I'm interested or not .can aways make a new Friend.anyone?
 okieroper
Msg: 2
view profile
History
do you look at the profile before opening the email or not?
Posted: 12/5/2005 12:50:25 PM
i just look at the pics, hopefully they got some tit shots posted
 wingsandheart
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/5/2005 12:54:35 PM
Nope, I read the email first. Why? Because lately I've got some really sexual emails and if that's what he's sending, it's not worth my time to see his profile or respond. I do answer my emails, but if they're sexual nope-I delete them.
 amust2c
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2005 1:01:02 PM
I read the profile first then the email, pic or no pic. Some of us just don't take good photos.
 -lebanese-lion--
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/5/2005 1:53:13 PM
i read the mail first,,,, then check the profile and ALWAYS>>>>>> did i say it right

ALWAYSSS

return my mails..
 scribecalledsteff
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/5/2005 1:56:22 PM
I used to read the profile first, then the email, but now I check the email, then the profile. I was sent this email out of the blue recently where the person told me I was "totally intense" and "should stop watching TV," which completely baffled me... so now I see what their point is before I waste my time seeing if they're my style.
 caretodream
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/5/2005 1:58:47 PM
I always read my messages first, then look at the profile of the sender. I always reply to them, no matter the intention. It's just common courtesy.
 caretodream
Msg: 8
do you look at ther profile before opening the email or not
Posted: 12/5/2005 2:24:32 PM
Cherokeegirl, your caps lock button is stuck on. It gives the impression you're yelling.
 crazycurlz
Msg: 9
do you look at ther profile before opening the email or not
Posted: 12/5/2005 2:25:01 PM
I tend to check out the profile first to get some sense of the person, their interests, and ya the pics...after all, it was probably my pic that caught their attention initially and made them contact me. We all have our preferences, saying otherwise is dishonest...attraction has to be mutual, and I won't play games with someone else's feelings.
 crystalise
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2005 6:21:56 PM
Nope. I read the email first. If what they have to say is interesting and relevant to my profile I may go and look at their profile.

If its just rude or bossy [ you would be amazed at how many guys email and just tell you to get on MSN and give you your MSN address and TELL you how its going to be...] it gets deleted straight away and I certainly dont bother looking at the profile
 Sparda7
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/5/2005 6:31:29 PM
Those that look at the profile first instead of reading what the person has to actually say are being shallow and stupid!
 ~PureLife~
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/5/2005 7:49:55 PM

and ALWAYS>>>>>> did i say it right ALWAYSSS return my mails..

^^^^^ ok then "green light" expect an e-mail there hottyMcTrotty....
 Foxygray
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/5/2005 9:30:02 PM
I look at the profile first, but always try to answer all emails. I guess I just like knowing more about them before I even read the email. I like to know what they are looking for.
 ripley65
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/5/2005 9:41:48 PM
First thing i do is check out their location on their profile first to see if they are close to enuff. My preferences state that id like them fairly close to me so if i read that they are further than i am willing to travel,,,,i will still be polite and respond back but if they are close enuff,,,i am more gung-ho about openig their email.
 Be-Youtiful Bohemian
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 12/5/2005 11:25:59 PM
Looking before leaping into the message? Hmmm...
I like to open the profile in a separate window. As it is loading, I read the email.
Sometimes, if the username is especially catching or something, I'll read the profile first.
There are times the subject line draws me to read the email immediately.
There are times the subject line is so mundane and unoriginal, I'll just go straight to the profile, and come back to the email.
See a pattern here?
Nah?
Me either.

It is just waaaay too individual.

BarnBabe
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/6/2005 12:15:52 AM
I'll usually do a basic scan of the profile first before I open the e-mail. Then, after I've answered, most of the time I'll go back and read it more thoroughly.
 jblidner
Msg: 17
Posted: 12/6/2005 2:02:53 AM
Read'em both before responding.
 kmhstx
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/6/2005 4:17:29 AM
I always read the profile first, even b4 replying to and IM, lol I have acouple deal breakers that are usually pretty clearly standing out in the profile.
 ~ V
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/6/2005 1:18:19 PM
I always check the profile first.. and not to be shallow.
I have block list and well some men will actually change their name/new profile a few times to send me mail, so I gotta check first.

Plus.. I actually read the whole profile.. yeah the pics are there but I'm more of a reader, plus I might wanna throw in something I read in their profile to show them that I paid attention.
 Like-a-Lady
Msg: 20
Posted: 12/6/2005 1:23:29 PM
Yes, when I receive a message, I check the profile first
 Just_Jay79
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/6/2005 1:56:21 PM
I read the e-mail first since you can already see a little window with a pic in the top corner with who it's from... If I like what I hear, I check out the profile. If I like what I see and they actually live in the same city, then I make contact (you'd be surprised how often people across the border try to strike up a conversation... Never really sure why... )

If they turn out not to be my type physically, I usually respond anyways thanking them for the bravery involved in making the first move, and wish them well in their continued search... If they're really cool and don't mind just chatting with no further potential romantically I may even stay in touch...
 Ryan_
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2005 3:41:58 AM
Im pretty sure the vast majority of people will look at the profile first, i do always. mainly i would say because it is human nature to want to see who you are talkin to ,and or know more about the person. the visual and info in the profile can very much determine how you percieve the msg. i usually respond to most people who msg me and am just dull intentionally if it isnt someone i am interested in, id rather the person think wow that is boring person about me and leave me alone, cause i know i am not, instead of the person gettin hurt by the rejection and internalizin it.
 Redd Riding Hood
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/8/2005 7:02:23 AM
sparda7

I disagree that reading the profile is shallow and stupid. Sometimes the profile gives some details about interests and commonalities. I can't count the number of times I open an email and all it says is "wanna chat". Do you think that will grab my interest and want me to send a reply? Not a chance. At least by seeing the profile I get a sense of who the person is that sent a message. And maybe, just maybe I will want to chat. (most times no because no real message means no real profile)
 JasmineKai
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 12/8/2005 7:27:16 AM

Those that look at the profile first instead of reading what the person has to actually say are being shallow and stupid!

I don't understand this. Your profile is supposed to be about you and explain what you're looking for, what you offer, etc. How is reading that shallow and stupid?

That being said, I don't check profiles first. Why bother reading a profile when 75% of the emails are "hi ur cute lets chat." If the email says something interesting then I check the profile.
 hairybum
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/8/2005 7:34:36 AM
Not that anyone messages me (what else would you expect with my oh so very charming screen name? :P ), but if anyone did I'd read the message to see what they wanted first before bothering to read the profile.

I do click on a lot of profiles while reading through threads but it's only to check astrological sign lol
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > do you look at the profile before opening the email or not?