Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What is the proper etiquette for a second date?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Frenchfrie
Msg: 1
What is the proper etiquette for a second date?Page 1 of 1    
So, the first date went super good. You plan to meet again. What is the proper etiquette for a second date? I am not talking about sex here.

Looking for some opinions and what people are thinking about this.

Cheers
 Firebirdz
Msg: 2
What is the proper etiquette for a second date?
Posted: 12/5/2005 8:32:44 PM
Dating etiquette is based on treating everyone with the same degree of kindness and consideration, and it consists mostly of common sense.
Before you ask out your date it is a good idea to make your plans, if you are going out to eat make reservation in advance.
Once you have made your plans tell your date what you have planned so she can prepare in advance. If your dating is more serious it is still a good idea to discuss your plans with your date.

Happy dating
 SXXXYLICIOUS
Msg: 3
Posted: 12/5/2005 9:30:27 PM
It all depends on the vibe you got. And this is not the vibe you imagine it to be through rose-tinted glasses. This is the vibe you actually, objectively got.

At the end of the date, if it went really well in conversation and innocent flirtation, then it's good.

Give it a good 2 days. If she doesn't call, call. She may actually be waiting for you to call. Once you get her on the phone, tell her that you really liked hanging out with her and you had fun and casually say, " How about we hang out when you're not busy?" . The vibe can change anytime here. If she seems hesitant, don't feel dejected and don't push it. Wait for her to call back when she is ready. If it's passed a week or two and she hasn't called. Move on. lol.
 Frenchfrie
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/6/2005 8:20:09 AM
Actually, the second date has already been established. We originally met on Sunday night, when we went for sushi.

Everything is going well so far; we have good conservation, we laugh a lot together, we can talk about everything.

We both agreed to see each other again. So, it's all going good. But it's always that second date that I hate the most. Is it too soon to kiss? Hold hands? Every single person is different in emotions and feelings, and it's always hard to try to judge a person and get the feel for she's at.

But thanks everyone for your tips! I appreciate it!

Cheers
 DarkTranquility
Msg: 5
Posted: 12/6/2005 5:16:24 PM
continue where you left off on the first date
 benjammin66
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 12/6/2005 6:19:55 PM
Hey guy, you said it all in that "every single person is different in emotions and feelings." So go with the flow and see where it goes. I'd say on a second date there's absolutely nothing wrong with a hug hello, holding hands on a walk; see how she's feeling, talking, body language, etc., and give her a nice kiss goodbye if you feel it to be appropriate. Go with your gut, man; first gut impressions are usually right. Don't overthink it - easy does it. Hope all goes well from South Florida up and over to beautiful British Columbia, ben.
 Truck_Gal
Msg: 7
Posted: 12/12/2005 10:37:52 PM
I would like to know if the second date has happened yet and how it went?... Ok, so I am nosey, but dude, the peeps want to know. We are living vicariously through you!
 Paulchino II
Msg: 8
Posted: 12/12/2005 11:22:45 PM
the way you worded that question makes me wonder if you're "p*ssyfooting" around this girl...in my opinion, there's no etiquette for dating...as long as you don't act like an obnoxious a*shole you're doing fine...the only must is FUN FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

and if you want to get intimate with this girl...initiate some physical contact early on to see how she responds...just start with holding hands and work your way up....

wait too long and you may just end up as a friend...not to mention she may be very disappointed that you didn't have the balls to make a move....
 Poet102781
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/13/2005 10:57:56 AM
Dont hump her leg....if you got a second date....shes diggin you. Be polite, be honest, funny and intrested in what she has to say.
 7times
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/13/2005 11:11:49 AM
holy shit..

what the hell is all this proper etiquette crap? its called dating or going on a date, its been done for centuries. You meet, go someplace and see what happens there is no plan or laid out design on what to do.
 williecleaver
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/13/2005 11:34:32 AM
So am I weird because I kissed my guy on our first date? I wanted to know what I'd feel if we kissed, so we did. Second date soon to follow......
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > What is the proper etiquette for a second date?