Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 emeraldlotus
Msg: 1
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????Page 1 of 11    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11)
Sometimes too much make-up if not put on the right way makes an older woman look bad, or a younger woman look cheap. what is the right thing??? I know what I think, just wondering about everyone else.
 pip32
Msg: 2
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 12/11/2005 8:09:14 AM
Au naturel please. A little if you must, but please, not too much.
 Doc Sage
Msg: 3
Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Posted: 12/11/2005 8:19:20 AM
__Should make-up be one of those thing where is it right when one look like you are not wearing any?
__Now lips, wearing a bold, bright deep red can be very sexy at the right moment.

Doc
 luckystarr15
Msg: 4
Posted: 12/11/2005 8:19:45 AM
I wear probably more than some people. As long as you don't look like a completely different person,or Alice Cooper for that matter.Hee!Hee!
I think it's more about how it's applied.I also don't like foundation/cover up.Who wants to get intimate and have to taste it or have it on their clothes.Not to mention the tacky face line most women forget to blend or the oranginess of it.Please use sparingly.
 looking63
Msg: 5
view profile
History
 *Tee*
Msg: 6
Posted: 12/11/2005 8:36:58 AM
the only thing I ever wear is lip gloss and liner. I think men appreciate it when they don't have to taste the stuff when they kiss you
 BReal
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2005 8:46:04 AM
In my opinion, when it's caked it never looks good no matter how old you are. Also, I have never been a fan of the "barbi doll" look which probably explains the way I feel about the too much makeup look. For the most part, I think it mostly depends on your features and how strong they are.

If your face starts to crack when you smile....:-)

Cheers
 zentral
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2005 8:51:10 AM
Little or none works best, in my opinion.
 ksue44
Msg: 9
Posted: 12/11/2005 9:23:42 AM
I wear very little the only makeup I wear is eyeliner and lip color. I get told time and time again that I have a great complexion! I'm lucky, part of it is a good gene pool, part of it is because I don't smoke or lay out in the sun; and I don't cake my face with makeup to clog the pores. Makeup should enhance our features not make us look like Clown of the Day.
 _Atlas_
Msg: 10
Posted: 12/11/2005 10:50:41 AM

Posted By: emeraldlotus on 12/11/2005 9:04:32 AM
Subject: Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????
Message: Sometimes too much make-up if not put on the right way makes an older woman look bad, or a younger woman look cheap. what is the right thing??? I know what I think, just wondering about everyone else.

What.. people don't like the Tammy Faye look... how about the ever sexy "Mimi Bobeck" (from Drew Carey show) look.... come on.. that's down right sexxaaaaaaayyyyy

but, yeah, I hate that clay mask look that some people have with the paint around the edges... aaaak... they call it coverup I think...... I have to wonder what they are covering up when the stuff is so thick, you can scrape it off with a spatula and re-grout your fireplace...

another good one is when someone will pluck their eyebrows almost completely off and then draw a creepy pencil line in place of them.... what is that about????
 CountrySugar
Msg: 11
Posted: 12/11/2005 11:13:28 AM
Less is more..make up is to enhance what you already have, not draw it on..

I wear very lil make up a lil on the eyes and gloss the lips and off I go..

Now if we were talkin hair .. that's where I spend my time..doin my dang hair .. aint' got time to do a ton of makeup lol
 georgiegirl1955
Msg: 12
Posted: 12/11/2005 11:17:34 AM
For the most part - the natural look is far better. However if you are going out to a club, then more make up is necessary, just so that you don't look dead!
 emeraldlotus
Msg: 13
Posted: 12/11/2005 12:48:16 PM
I think that make-up is for the occasion, day wear lighter, night wear , perhaps a little more flashy. I tend to not wear alot of make-up normally, lip-stick and mascara. definately not the spatula type ,lol, and I agree with the penciled on brows, kinda silly looking, and so dated.
 MMMBaby!
Msg: 14
Posted: 12/11/2005 12:53:11 PM

I think men appreciate it when they don't have to taste the stuff when they kiss you

I know I sure DO!!!

I prefer minimal make-up. I LIKE the natural beauty of a woman, even if there are a few wrinkles or whatever. Aging is not to be feared, but relished.
 questeor
Msg: 15
Posted: 12/11/2005 1:22:00 PM
Natural is better in my opinion. However if you feel better plastering yourself, well thats your choice. Do whatever makes you happy.
 BartS!mpson
Msg: 16
Posted: 12/11/2005 2:08:44 PM
The "natural" look of a woman is by far superior to that of a made-up face. Personally, I dislike cosmetics and perfumes on women, not only because they mask the real beauty of the woman, but i'm also "fragrance-sensitive". I get a persistant and annoying headache from chemical fragrances, cosmetics, and even certain shampoos/conditioners. Any woman that i'm close to has to be secure enough with her own beauty to not use synthetic enhancements.
 mystlw
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2005 9:51:16 PM
I find it hilarious that so many men profess to like "the natural look", and yet spend so much time ogling professionally made-up, airbrushed, surgically-altered, silicone-enhanced supermodels, centerfolds, and actresses.
 xWolfSpiritx
Msg: 18
Posted: 12/11/2005 10:05:35 PM
The less is better.....I have seen some women apply the "War Paint" in such away and so much of it.......it would make a Warrior run screaming.........

I prefer Natural because I want to see the True Beauty of my Woman.
 CountrySugar
Msg: 19
Posted: 12/11/2005 10:07:31 PM
myst .. good point glad someone said that..

my ex was like that .. tell me not to wear what he considered trashy clothes..and to cool it on the make up..don't do your hair that color and so forth..and then when we'd go out he'd oogle the women dressed in what i wanted to wear...with to much make up on..and so on..men *rollin eyes*
 the supernatural
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2005 10:20:34 PM
Please go easy on the lip gloss. There's wet and there's slobber.
 Surg_tool_man
Msg: 21
Posted: 12/11/2005 10:30:45 PM
I prefer none, but if they have some on that is ok, just as long as it isn't caked on. If it is caked on I feel like they are trying to be someone they aren't .
 mystlw
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 12/11/2005 10:57:34 PM

my ex was like that .. tell me not to wear what he considered trashy clothes..and to cool it on the make up..don't do your hair that color and so forth..and then when we'd go out he'd oogle the women dressed in what i wanted to wear...with to much make up on..and so on..men *rollin eyes*

My ex-husband was exactly the same way. The very things he liked about my looks before we were married were suddenly off-limits once I was his. And then, it was, "Why do you need all of that makeup? You're pretty enough without it."
 shellybelly
Msg: 23
Posted: 12/12/2005 8:23:38 AM
100% depends on the person. Some people can look good with or without, some only with and some only natural.
 7times
Msg: 24
Posted: 12/12/2005 8:54:27 AM
I kinda like the boza the clown look,

this way by time they take it all off its like a surprise be it bad or good
 freshbred
Msg: 25
Posted: 12/12/2005 12:06:54 PM
The proper application to enhance the features is really all that's necessary. Good luck with boza war4..
Show ALL Forums  > Over 30  > Is alot of make-up sexy or the natural look better,what do all of you think?????