Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Nova Scotia  > Drug Use in Nova Scotia      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 okiedokie2008
Msg: 1
Drug Use in Nova ScotiaPage 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
What is going on here in our province when guy can't open a ladies profile without seeing she's into drug use?? I don't know whats goin on here but its not very attractive or much of a turn on to see that 85% or more of the provinces female population admits to drug use of somekind.

Just for the fun of it..I checked out the profiles of ladies in other provinces and found that very few ladies in other provinces admit to the use of drugs on their profiles. Now I don't know if that means we have more honest ladies in Nova Scotia who freely admit to the use of drugs or if it means we have a problem with drug use in this province...either way I find it quite disturbing and definately a big turn off when it comes to dating in this province.

again as always..this is my observation and my opinion...not all ladies profiles in NS show this alarming trend..but a frightning amount of profiles do.

All I want to know is where are all the wholsome Nova Scotia gals????
 PA!GE®
Msg: 2
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:10:54 AM
85% or more of the provinces female population admits to drug use of somekind

I find it hard to believe it is that many.
A while back there was a glitch that when u edited your profile it changed that. I noticed right away (LUCKILY) that it changed me from a non drug user to an occasional drug user once and another time from a non drug user to a frequent drug user
I assume it's been fixed, but what if some never noticed?

And even if that's not the case, I think that 80% must be off and think you should actually count to see what the percentage actually is
 TheLeafs
Msg: 3
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 9:12:35 AM
I don't know what you are looking at but the majority of profiles I inquire on say they do not use drugs. Thus I don't understand where your comments are coming from.
 GinNJuice75
Msg: 4
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:14:36 AM
lol thought you werent gonna mention the views on drugs :-P i havent really checked profiles on who does drugs and who doesnt. but the funny thing is when people put that they do drugs socially. so that must be one of those monkey see monkey do type things.

*edit then again i just looked at it only gives you 3 options so i guess socially means you do them just not alot. i guess drinking is the same way. so this post is useless. ignore my babble.lol
 okiedokie2008
Msg: 5
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 12:32:06 PM
lol...the option I get a laugh out of is the "prefer not to say" option...lol
Choosing "prefer not to say" is basically saying you are into drugs but just don't want to admit it...cause if you were not into them you would pick "no"...lol

I just mentioned it even tho I said I wouldn't go there on this topic just because of the differences I seen between the profiles in and out of NS.

Oh...to respond to your post Leafs....I think it might be the ages of the girls we're looking at I see your a bit older than I am..so I would suspect you would be looking at the profiles of slightly older ladies. I was making comments based upon the profiles of the girls in the 18-28 age group...thats where I see the most of what I was refering to... I do notice that once ya get into the mid 30's and above age groups it seems to not be as much of a factor.

Your right Paige...I should do a poll on that and see exactly what % it actually is...I just come up with the 80 some % just as a rough guess since it seemed quite high...pardon the pun...lol
 _Steve_1976_
Msg: 6
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 1:34:12 PM
Not sure what your issues is with the drug use ... there is a thread on one of these pages that goes more in depth about what exactly some people consider as drugs (i.e. over the counter medication)

Also, it may just be that people in Nova Scotia are more open to the fact they use drugs ... and yes it is actually a very common thing now ... in my years at university I'd say well over half the student body experiemented with drugs, hell I admit I did, I haven't tried anything in over five years now, but I don't have anything against someone that does. Much like alcohol, to me it is only an issue if you over-consume said drugs, well, that and the type of drugs used ... i.e. weed/mushrooms compared to cocaine and etc ...
 dimples82
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:14:16 PM
I always wondered what I should put in my profile for drug use...I mean if I smoke a joint once a month or so am I a real drug user...never did anything besides weed....meh if people wonder they can just ask me :)
 PA!GE®
Msg: 8
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:22:16 PM
Dimples I think u should put socially. Saying prefer not to say sounds worse
 okiedokie2008
Msg: 9
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:34:49 PM
Hi Steve..It doesn't really matter to me what people do....its really none of my business if people choose to do drugs...but if I'm looking for a person to date or get involved in a relationship with it absolutely has to be someone who is not using drugs. When I use the term drugs I'm refering to illegal substances and yes it includes "weed".

Thats just my preference when it comes to girls....much like those guys who prefer not to date girls with kids...its the same thing only I prefer not to date girls who use drugs...lol
 _Steve_1976_
Msg: 10
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:41:30 PM
but there is where you are wrong, weed is no longer an illeagal substance ... well more technically, it has been de-criminalized =)

what about beer? or other types of alcohol? (yes I know there is a seperate question for that)
 okiedokie2008
Msg: 11
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:45:19 PM

I always wondered what I should put in my profile for drug use...I mean if I smoke a joint once a month or so am I a real drug user...never did anything besides weed

I kinda see the point everyone is making on this site about the question in the profile not being clear enough and I don't know if some people are misunderstanding the Drug question or not....there very well may be those out there who are not drug users but are selecting "yes" because they are taking prescription drugs...I'm not sure....

Dimples...looking at your situation I would have to say that even if its only a once a month thing your partaking in I would say its still looked at as drug use just for the fact its an illegal substance. I would definately wanna know if I was considering dating you...but again thats just the way I see it....:) So its really your call and up to you how you wish to disclose that information...:)
 PA!GE®
Msg: 12
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:46:49 PM
weed is an illegal substance even if simple possession has been de-criminalized.
I wont date drug users either. They are (ones that admit it, lol) prohibited from messaging me here.
I will date someone who drinks but not someone who drinks heavily or frequently.
 okiedokie2008
Msg: 13
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:48:57 PM
but there is where you are wrong, weed is no longer an illeagal substance ... well more technically, it has been de-criminalized =)

The decriminalization of the possession of pot is the most rediculous thing the government has ever done....in my opinion its still a drug and always will be. I have to ask whats on the slate next for decriminalization??....cocaine...heroin...??

I'm just gonna go silent on this debate....its a never ending battle of opinions...lol
 PA!GE®
Msg: 14
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 2:57:37 PM
I have a question jaglaw
U put average as your body type. Dont u think u have a few extra lbs which is an option for body type here
 okiedokie2008
Msg: 15
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:05:23 PM

I have a question jaglaw
U put average as your body type. Dont u think u have a few extra lbs which is an option for body type here

Its all in how the person your interested in sees you...who doesn't think they have a "few extra pounds". I'm a big framed guy...I'm not a fat guy..I'm WWE wrestler size. If I were to choose the option "few extra pounds" most people look at that as being fat...thats another reason I put up a pic showing most of my body so its fully disclosed what body type I really am. I leave it up to the person looking at my profile and pics to make the decision on how I look to them...:)
 PA!GE®
Msg: 16
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:32:48 PM

No u arent fat but u are chubby/stocky. Thats a few extra lbs. I only ask because I was taking your side on the drug issue and u were ignoring me. Figured disagree with u or confront you about something and I might get your attention.
 Polly_G
Msg: 17
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:36:41 PM
Polly <--- must be evil because she partakes on occassion instead of falling down drunk and drooling every weekend instead.

Maybe its both more acceptable and there is simply less stigmatism to smoking pot in NS. Your opinion on whether its bad or not is just that....your opinion.

I put socially smokes pot for a reason. Out of respect for people who have strong feelings against it. Also because I don't want someone trying to make me feel bad for doing something that I don't think is all that horrible. If I smoked daily, sure that might be a problem. But I don't. I see nothing wrong with making the choice of smoking joint over drinking a beer.

There are a lot more who smoke it and don't admit it. Would you rather they did that? Even if it says no that I don't smoke pot...maybe I'm an alcoholic, adulterer, or a slut instead. Would you prefer one of those?

Don't judge people just because they have smoking pot ticked off in thier profiles. At least they are being honest. Most of the people I know who smoke pot function far better in society than drinkers, narcissists, heavy drug users, etc. etc. I rarely touch alcohol in the winter unless I go out. I work, I pay my taxes, and I'm good to all those around me (except those who envoke my wrath). If someone wants to judge me just because I smoke pot socially on occassion then I don't really want them around me anyway.
 okiedokie2008
Msg: 18
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:38:08 PM
I'm sorry Paige.... I didn't mean to ignore you..actually I didn't see your post until after I posted my comment....we must have been writing at the same time..lol

I didn't ignore ya....I did see you agreed with me...
 PA!GE®
Msg: 19
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:44:40 PM

Polly I have no problem with people who smoke pot. My best friend in Toronto did as does my 21 yr old daughter.
I choose not to and as such choose to not date people who do.

Thank you Jag.
 Polly_G
Msg: 20
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:47:12 PM
my comments were directed at jaglaw paige. In reference to terms like "frightening" and "wholesome".

Sorry we're not "pure" enough for you.
 PA!GE®
Msg: 21
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:48:51 PM
lol...just wanted to make sure you knew I didnt think pot smokers were evil
 MissClumsy
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:50:03 PM
Can someone tell me why weed should be illegal and alcohol not? I mean marijuana is a natural substance and does not cause people to become violent or confrontational as alcohol does to some.
 okiedokie2008
Msg: 23
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:50:22 PM

Polly <--- must be evil because she partakes on occassion instead of falling down drunk and drooling every weekend instead.

I think its great if people are being honest about what they do...don't forget I did make the point it was only my opinion on the subject and also that I really don't care what people choose to do..its their own call to do what they like in their life...I was just making a statement that I personally choose to not get involved with anyone who chooses the use of drugs no matter how little the useage is. I do agree that there are far worse people who feel the need to get plastered with alcohol on a weekly basis too...but again thats only my opinion on that subject too...

My intentions were not by any means to make anyone feel out of place because they do not agree with my view I was just mearly making an observation based upon what I was seeing while looking around the profiles...:)

If I offended you I'm truely sorry..
 PA!GE®
Msg: 24
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:50:50 PM
marijuana might be a natural substance but a joint is not as natural as it was in the 70's
 Polly_G
Msg: 25
Drug Use in Nova Scotia
Posted: 12/20/2005 3:50:57 PM
Because its not as wholesome as alcohol

Natural in what way? I can tell you that all the pot I have smoked in NS has been pure to the strain it comes from. No additives after the fact to make stronger or anything like that. Pot has gotten stronger over the years but to a lot of those that smoke that just means the less you smoke.
Show ALL Forums  > Nova Scotia  > Drug Use in Nova Scotia