Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Christian      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 MsMidwest
Msg: 1
view profile
History
ChristianPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
Anyone on here also a christian....I haven't found many other christians or christian guys on this site.
 aaaand
Msg: 2
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 5:43:08 PM
yes there are but so far I've found that I have pantyhose older than they are...
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 3
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 6:03:52 PM
hi there I am also a Christian woman....We are out here...Really...
 Spoiled Princess
Msg: 4
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 6:06:58 PM
Hi I am a Christian....Kewts...right we are out there...I don't claim to be perfect cause
I'm far from it...But I do try...
 honey_kizzes
Msg: 5
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 6:35:52 PM
OH wow, perfect, wow I dont even think I am in the same time zone as perfect..But i try to be as good as i can, and trust in the Lord's Will...Yep thats a hard one...I am so used to trying to do everything myself, and make things happen the way I want them to...Its tough to give that up, and trust in the Lord...
When my fiancee [father of my kids] died, I was lost...I felt like I just couldnt take it...How could the Lord do this, why did he let this happen...But I struggled within, and tried very hard not to walk away from my faith...I had done that all my life, walk away, not face the facts, and not see that the Lord had a plan for my life...I often found myself living outside the lines, and doing stupid things with my friends...But even though I would walk away, I would always end up right back there, with GOD...I knew he loved me, even though I am not perfect, and could never be perfect, he loves me no matter what, Agape' [love unconditionally given] I spent time in prayer, and yelling at him, and begging him, and even crying to him...And all the while I help on to the faith, it isnt much, but you know it helped me get through some very hard times in my life...His guidance, and his protection, His Love, and His compassion...He fills my life with Grace, Mercy, Peace, Joy, Love, and understanding...He makes my life worth while each and every day...I wake up each morning thankful for another day to share with my family, friends, and people I do not know..I go to bed each night thankful for the day, thankful for the time I had, and for mym family, friends, and people I do not know...

I am thankful to the Lord our God for leading me here to this place [POF] and letting meet and so many wonderful people, and make so many wonderful friends...And I am thankful and hopeful for the new Love in my life...

Perfect???? Never will be, but I will continue to take my journey with the Lord, and walk the path he has choosen for me and my life...
 ramcharger
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 6:38:03 PM
Yo sounding off, I be here too

There are more than you think and hey there was only one perfect one ever.
I'm just me
 MsMidwest
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 6:40:08 PM
No I'm far from perfect also! But where are the christian guys?
 ramcharger
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 8:08:32 PM
^^^^ I iam what I am ...praise the Lord
 northcoast71
Msg: 9
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 8:19:00 PM
Northcoast71 Christian ?Guy reporting for duty
 MysticinVA
Msg: 10
Define....Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 8:21:05 PM
Someone who belives that jesus was a saviour....???...and to the exclusion of any other religious form of worship.????

Might intolerant dont you think....and is Christian different from Catholic...or fundamentalist....or even Spiritualist....seems to me all you have to say is Im a Christian and everyone is supposed to think you are some form of Nice person....wow isnt that great.,...

And how many Christians are out in Iraq killing and being killed in the name of a Christian G-D...but thats ok...coz their G-D isnt the same as yours now...I mean that would really throw a spanner in the works...to all have the same G-D....but to end up fighting only over how you all worship that G-D..???

And how does you being a Christian make you different to me......do you let your G-D make your decisions for you...do you hear voices in your head or your heart....do you pray to appease...or to beg forgivnesss so you will not be "smited'...or do you pray coz you are not happy where you are in live and seek change....and of couse if anything happens do you not suggest that it is G-D's will and that then saves you having to come up with some other explanation for everything.....

And why look for a chrisitan Guy....???...you think they will want less sex or something.???

And how many of those founding members of your faith...were actually any of the 12 Apostles...or had a hand in writing any of the New Testament....was Peter YOUR rock upon which your church was built.....????...hmmmm.....
 InTheWind
Msg: 11
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 8:21:28 PM
good one nortcoast...reporting for duty... thats a john kerry line isnt it..?
 cosmo's left the pond
Msg: 12
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 9:17:16 PM
definately not perfect but a christian yes
 aaaand
Msg: 13
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 9:34:36 PM
..are things getting heated in here, or is it just me?
 Sundown32
Msg: 14
Christian
Posted: 1/2/2005 11:14:53 PM
I am a christian, and not afraid to name the name of christ. Everyone here in this forium I'd ilke to say to just contenue to love the people here. give lots of support to all on this site both in love and encouragement and I mean ALL!! And dont forget to support eatchother here and help to meet eatchothers spiritual needs that are also believers with us ( how about a prayer forium ? sound good?). contenue to be of good courage and fight the good fight of faith. My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Almost forgot, do not judge anyone here but contenue in faith to love all.
Sundown
 djmcmath
Msg: 15
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 12:04:14 AM
Where are all the Christian men?!? Heck, I could ask the same question of you Christian women! :) I know plenty of good Christian guys, and we're all "competing" for the same tiny population of decent Christian women!

A friend of mine once noted that singles don't go to church. Kids go to church, when they're growing up, but they stop when they go to college. After college (or sometimes during college) they get married. Sometime later (well, sometimes) they have kids. And eventually, one of the ex-singles says to the other, "We should go to church ... for our kids." Singles don't go to church -- one more perfectly good reason that finding Christian singles is a bit of a challenge.

The encouraging note is that it seems, from where I sit, as if it will be impossible for me to ever find a wife. I mean impossible. It would take a miracle, and it's not as if I have a personal relationship with a sovereign God who has a history of performing miracles in the lives of His people, right? Oh, wait, I _do_ worship a God like that, nevermind. Maybe there's hope after all.

So pray for a miracle, folks. :)

Dan
 Sundown32
Msg: 16
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 2:04:49 AM
In that case Dan If you are sincere In what you say. Then I will agree with you in the name of Christ for you to recieve a wife. And may the wife that you recieve inturn recieve a good husband who serves the Lord, who will love her as Christ loved the Church and gave his life for it. So as boldly declared where ever two or more are gathered, worship, or agree in the name of Jesus, it is there that he will be, and prayer will be answered, and the doors that were once closed will be opened. So together in the prayer of agreement with Dan I declare boldly in the in the name of Jesus, into existence for Dan, that witch is not, as though it is; A good wife that truly loves the lord who will partner herself with him all the days of her life, and will not hinder him but love and support him as he will her. And may they come to rely on eatchother as the two become one with the other. All this I ask God our Father In Your son Jesus's holy name. Amen.
 hi_how_are_you
Msg: 17
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 3:23:50 AM
Dan

As far as I remembered Abraham, in the bible, was 100 years old and Sarah 90 when she would give birth.

Abraham and Sarah laughed when they heard this. So nothing is impossible for GOD and you will receive good gifts from HIM.
 hi_how_are_you
Msg: 18
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 4:06:48 AM

As far as I remembered Abraham, in the bible, was 100 years old and Sarah 90 when she would give birth.

Sorry above should read

"As far as I remembered Abraham, in the bible, was 100 years old and Sarah 90 when she gave birth."
 strangerstill
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 6:01:39 AM
I am but not a church going man.
 sailmeaway
Msg: 20
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 9:34:58 AM
ok, one thing that really pokes my eye out is intolorance of any type... I'm not saying any one here is, but, living in a metroplex that has 32 of the nations largest congragations of varying flavors of religon, it really chaps me when limits are introduced.

I'm the spawn of a catholic father and a jewish mother. Thank you very much but i have enough guilt in my life. When I hear someone say "I'll only be with someone that believes as I do" thats fine, no worries. But, When the conversion conversation starts, I get my hackles in a twist. Please do not try to convert me. Some of the statements I use on these people are... "A billion hindus can't be wrong" "Over 600 million Buddists, all mis-informed?" "The Iroquois Indians believed that we lived on the back of a giant turtle, and when someone died, the body was fed to the turtle so it could keep on its journey". After that, they usually tell me that they'll pray for my woeful soul... well, thanks.

What I'm saying is, there is room for all belief systems on this big blue marble, I have mine, you have yours and lets carry on from there. I'll never begrudge anyone their faith system, hey, whatever gets you thru the day, but please don't use the "burn in hell" thing. It doesn't work.

Oh, has anyone heard of "Bishop" T.D. Jakes? he runs the "Potters House" ministries here in Dallas. Over 17,000 on his member roles, and the Chapel seats 15,000. "Bishop"? of what? He had his first name changed to "Bishop" when he moved from Atlanta to Dallas. His ministry is a non-profit, but his books and videos are a separate corp. entity. Profit based. He drive an SL600 (about 150,000k) lives in a 9689 sq.ft mansion valued at 3.3 mil(about 40 miles from the church in a really ritzy 'hood). Also, owns a 161 acre tract valued at 1.3 million, that because he has one "Lamb of God" on the property, it is zoned "ag use", so they pay $379.00 per year in property taxes. The Church property contains 264,637 sq ft. of buildings on 28 acres, valued at over 25 million dollars, and of course, they pay 0.00 in taxes. There is also a 72,000 sq. ft disribution warehouse on a 4 acre plot valued at 2.2 million, again not a dime in taxes. He commands 25,000.00 for a one hour speaking engagement. There are multiple "offering opportunities" at the 2 Sunday services. One for the Ministry, and one is a "love offering" for the good Bishop. This love offering is over and above the 375,000.00 salary he is paid by the Ministry. I'm not saying the Ministry doesn't do good works. They help homeless, give to food banks, run a day care, all sorts of things. They're even planning an apartment community for "disadvantaged residents" but thats on a for profit basis. aal of this is public record, available on the web thru the dallas county appraisal district, just punch up his, and the ministries name.

Maybe I'll change my name too.
 PoeticPrince47
Msg: 21
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 10:42:38 AM
sailmeaway,,
It's like some people just can't get what segregation means.

When I was a boy going to school, a Catholic school, across the street from a Protestant school, the nuns forbade us from associating with those "hell-bound" people.

Today those nuns are gone, basically quite unmissed by many, especially those who ended up marrying some of those who went to that other school and actually have lived wonderful lives ever since....
 strangerstill
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 10:46:28 AM
My ex was a Catholic. That wasn't even an issue in our divorce, in fact my new girl is a much more devout catholic and she's just great. I'm kind of a non denominational post methodist.
 aaaand
Msg: 23
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 11:40:01 AM
...T.D. Jakes has lottsa loot and toys no doubt...referred to as a spiritual salesman by some, he has people's attention and donations...I'm not sure it's healthy for any faithleader to live in excess as they often preach "Never be controlled by any one thing"...guess that doesn't apply to many when it comes to $$$ and all the goodies it can buy...give the devil his own, at least he makes his intentions clear...he makes no promises of healing or miracles if you buy his products or attend his gatherings...people know that the money they donate isn't going toward a miracle downpayment...it goes to the ministry and his needs as he perceives them to be...we should all be so fortunate to have such "needs"...I NEED A HOLIDAY IN THE SOUTH OF FRANCE!!!

I was raised Catholic, attended Catholic school and carried the scars of Sister Mary Slapsalot for years...not quite good enough to go to heaven, but not quite bad enough to go to hell#...decided life might be a bit more pleasant if I had a Belhop carry my baggage rather than my overburdened conscience and sought out a different path...have been a salvation based Christian for a few short years and am soooo grateful to be past my own as well as imposed obstacles...
 Loukus
Msg: 24
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 5:45:32 PM
So... are we talking Christian in title or substance.... or both?
 jimi77
Msg: 25
Christian
Posted: 1/3/2005 6:08:57 PM
I am a christian. not perfect... the potter is still working the clay.
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Christian