Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you ever fallen for someone on the net??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Kitana
Msg: 1
Have you ever fallen for someone on the net?? Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
Hi, everybody.. well I´m really curious to get to know if someone over here had already found true love on the internet..
Do you think it´s possible or just attraction?
I never assumed that two people could establish a relationship through the usage of a single machine till I met someone... however I trully found myself in love by seeing pictures and making part of someone´s daily life through chatting lines....
Tell me what have you found behind the computer???
 strangerstill
Msg: 2
view profile
History
Have you ever fallen for someone on the net??
Posted: 1/4/2005 8:23:08 PM
I think I have.

After 8 months of e-mails phone calls and snail mail we spent the holiday weekend together and it was awesome. It was really comfortable and felt like we had been a couple all along. When she went home she told me that it was OK if I call her my girlfriend. I'll be spending next weekend with her in the city.
 Bronson4
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/4/2005 8:30:06 PM
I think I have ... but time will tell !
 Kitana
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/4/2005 8:30:12 PM
Hi stranger,
It is really exciting to read sucessfull stories on the like yours. I do have faith that I will meet my guy as soon as we can.
What did you do when you saw her for the first time out of the computer? What was your reaction?
 strangerstill
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2005 8:34:37 PM
She slapped me (lightly) for making her wait so long. That kind of cut the tension in a hurry.
 Kitana
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/4/2005 8:43:38 PM
hahahaahahah.. that´s a good idea in case I have to wait for so long...
I have a brazilian friend she met a brazilian guy at ICQ and she married him after a year..
do you think this kind of relationship can go further to americans?
 strangerstill
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2005 8:49:47 PM
In our case we aren't planning a life together yet but we do have the same hopes and dreams and we have been talking about the possibilities several years down the road.
 hd77303
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2005 9:27:14 PM
Hi Kitana, I am sure of this being able to happen.
I talked my best female friend into going online, she found the one, and got married in Sept.
There are many factors to think about though.
Kids, Country, religion, morals, beliefs, on and on and on..........
Unfortunately money is a big one.
Your perfect guy may be rich, or poor as a church mouse.
If he is poor, are the two of you ever going to be able to meet in person?
Would you be able to pay for the ticket to go see him, or to send him to see you?
But I think the net is a great way to break the ice, get to know someone as much as you can.
Then you have to meet, face to face, because people can say anything in an email, or on the phone, heck even in person.
But it is a great way to start.

And if your half the woman in real life as in the profile you will have no problem meeting lots of fella's on here, or other sites.
But don't let the a-holes get in the way of the genuine ones out here looking for love.

So best of luck, just be smart, take your time, and have fun!!!!

KD
 salamander000
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 1/4/2005 9:40:18 PM
YUP! I met him here in October and flew to see him the first of December and we are still talking! Woweee A success story for sure! Hope I am not too "mad about the future" to quote Lou Reed or sumbody, but hey, if wishes were horses we'd all ride for free! I am lucky at best to have had the opportunity to practice my typing. LOL One of the things (among others, like cooking) that my mother taught me NEVER to learn, because of course I would be "doing both for someone else for the rest of my life" as she put it. Luckily times have changed and hey if anyone, btw, wants to share gas (and driving) for ride to Portland anytime between now and March at the first of either month, HOP ON! Lets' go! LOL P.S. For those of you who know or care , my surgery went great thanks! Now about those web cams, hahah get em out boys! LOL actually they really freak me out anyway. I got mine for "him" LOL Aren't I nice?
 Quack
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/4/2005 10:52:04 PM
Thought I had a few years back. I met her playing Eucher (a card game for those that dont know). We talked back and forth for months. then she came to spend a week with me. Things were great, we had a great time. We had talked abotu plans for me to go visit her. Something must have happened on the flight home. We chatted a few times after her safe arrival and she told me she wasnt ready to move to the states from her home land of British Columbia. And then only wanted to be friends (thats right guys the Friends Box). Shortly after that we lost contact. I often think about her, I really wished it would have worked out. We could talk about many things, and always had fun.
 LadyO
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/4/2005 10:58:06 PM
I did.
And man did I get burned.
 yna6
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/4/2005 11:26:32 PM
Sorry to hear that LadyO....but...hey...if sending a boob-shot my way helps ya any. feel free!
 LadyO
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/4/2005 11:30:11 PM
Mmm....I'll think about it.
 yna6
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/4/2005 11:31:43 PM
LOL...dang...didn't know you was still here...ok...you think about it....but it has to be e-mailed....(and there I thought I'd set you up for a Wednesday morning shocker....)
 LadyO
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/4/2005 11:38:36 PM
Are you kidding?
The night is still young yet, dear grasshopper.
LOL
 yna6
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/4/2005 11:46:00 PM
3 AM here now....just had some dinner and soon going off to dreamland....if this friggin cat quits jumping on me things will be much better! Dang thing......
Anyhow's.....hope everyone finds what they are looking for! (especially me...telling you, boob shots are few and far between!)
 Pershing
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/5/2005 1:25:56 AM
not yet.
Posted: 1/5/2005 4:16:29 AM
yes, very easy to fall for one good person online.

when I lived in florida, I always had ICQ on, one day this girl started talking to me.
after about a week, I found I was actually going online, hoping she was there.
after 2 weeks, we began calling each other.
a month later, we arranged to meet in new orleans... cause it was mardi gras, and we were both heading that way anyways.

man, when we got together, she was 20 times cooler then I ever hoped for.
she was beautiful, fun to be with, and really cool with my busy photography life in florida.
it's a odd thing, but I like it when a girl is supportive of what you do.
it makes things so much easier.
we dated for about 4 months, even though she lived about an hour away, it was pretty easy to keep in touch, and spend a week or two at a time with each other.

only girl I dated seriously in the year I spent in florida.
might have married her, if things in florida didn't fall apart so fast.

(Psycho roomate, met some guy from dallas, 3 days later, moved there, left me homeless in tampa... had no where to go, so I took my few things, called a friend in seattle, and moved to seattle... had to break up with her.... that was so sad to do-all she did was cry)
 OnTheBus
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/5/2005 5:58:31 AM
LadyO

Your little line reminds me of something.

I will not do the prolonged emails before meeting someone. (or prefer not to) If there is a connection, we will meet soon. I hate the thought of going for months and months building something up, getting all excited only to have one of you travel half way across the country and not like one another.

I have a friend from about 3 hours away from me who is totally into me. She is as busy as I am, and is a highly successful business women. Consequently we have not been able to meet yet. I am not pushing, she will come when she is able. But I am not putting my heart and soul into the anticipation of it. We really dig talking to each other on the phone and she loves how I challenge her unlike most guys who are intimidated by her success and attractiveness. I know when we get together it will be great, but I am being honest with her to not build it up to more than what it is right now. We are just friends who are sharing deep personal feelings and really connecting. But if we dont click in person, neither of us will be "burned" because we are keeping it cool and in perspective.

I would advise folks to not fall in love before you meet someone in person.
 hi_how_are_you
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/5/2005 6:29:36 AM
Well it’s possible, but does it last? Only time can tell.

I meet a lady online and we became twins-souls. That’s what she called it.

Funnily, we didn’t have that much in common at first, but we grew on each other and created a common bond.

Then one day I never heard from her again. Yup, sucks huh. I reckon one day she will, most probably, get in touch with me and by that time she will realise that I have moved on.
 Real_heart_real_girl
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 1/5/2005 6:36:04 AM
I did and we were together for three years, thought things were going well, I was content, we had a son, and then he decided to leave after my son was 3 months old....
But I am back looking, I do believe it can happen, but now I am a little more cautious this time around..
Have faith, it will find you when your least expecting it....
 Gerry286
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/5/2005 7:17:48 AM
Hi....

O.K... It's going to sound a bit corny, but i think, you'll understand...

Imagine an artist, about hundred of years ago, painting picture... The artist is standing in front of the blank canvas with paint and brush in hand... The artist get inspired and starts to put brush stroke to canvas... But...? Along with that, the inspiration... turns into emotions and emotions, turn into passion...

Now... The artist, may do this for day, weeks or months... So, in all this time, all of the above emotions... All really come down too, putting thier very soul or feeling onto the canvas thru the use of colors, shade and thick or thin, brush strokes...

Now you have to remember that, the brush along with the paint colors, are an extension to the artist... Enabling the artist, to actually imprint the emotions that they felt, at that very last moment, they finished... One hundred, years ago... Only to have someone, one hundred years later at a museum or art gallery... Stand in front of that very same painting and still feel the emotions, frozen forever in time... Long after, the artist is gone... Still conveying the message, he or she... had in thier hearts at that, very last moment...

Now, take today... We have e-mail and chat at our finger tips... We don't speak or hear, the other person's tone of voice... We don't even see, thier facial expressions to our comments... We only see, pics that are placed in their profile awhile back... Now only that but, we have to spell out... in type, are emotions...

1. So...? Our finger tips, too the keyboard are our extension... Much like the paint brush, being the extention to the artist...

2.The person, on the otherside of the computer... Is the writers, inspiration... Enabling, emotions and later passion, in the writer...

At the moment of writing, so much information wants to be given, at one time, that it sort of becomes overloaded... So, everything in the written word... Is, enhanced... Essentially, you're reading the other persons, feelings... People weren't made to solely interact with thinking, alone... Again, we use other means, facial expressions and the tone of a voice...

But to finish here... Essentially, just with the writing, alone... Both you and the writer are communicating at a different or much more deeper, level... You could even say, heart too heart...

I said it was corny... hehe... But, if a person learns to read between the lines a bit... The is an awful lot of information, just waiting there... Although, it's hard to read alot of the times...?

Bye
 Ms Daisy
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/5/2005 7:23:19 AM
I think its alot easier for someone to fall in love on here than it is in real life. And if things do go the full way, and happiness is found, im all up for that!

Good luck everyone :)

My favourite saying is....

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with, within our heart...... "

That is so true with distance love xx

But you have to be careful, i really cared for someone on the internet, spoke to him for about a year, then i found out he died in a car accident. I was truely upset, then for some reason, dont ask me why, but i mailed him... and to my shock and horror, he replied! telling me he had a very controlling girl friend ( this i did not know, and besides, we were just pals, and we do live many countries apart ). So just be careful out there peeps :):):)
 sailmeaway
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/5/2005 7:53:14 AM
yup, sure did, shes' there in the picture... of course it didn't hurt that she ran me over with her car, broke both of my legs, put me in traction in her home and nursed me back to health... now if I could only use the phone to call my family and if anyone has a hacksaw to knaw thru these ankle chains.... just kidding, she and her daughter have been with me in our house since before christmas, and its just great!
 Ms Daisy
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/5/2005 7:59:37 AM
Omg! Hahahahaha, i thought you were serious for a moment there........ lol.

Im so gullible!!!

xx
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Have you ever fallen for someone on the net??