Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > FAQ: Pictures or Images - How to Upload The      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 wonnder
Msg: 1
FAQ: Pictures or Images - How to Upload ThemPage 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
How do I upload a picture ?????
 forum_moderator
Msg: 2
view profile
History
UP LOAD NEW PICTURES
Posted: 8/7/2011 8:07:36 AM

QUICK ANSWERS
(Instructions to upload pictures are further down past the quick answers)

NOTE Regarding New Picture Size Minimums
1. Your Image must now be 200*300 pixels as the minimum size and either the width or the height has to be at least 300 pixels.

Can we mail them in and have POF put it on our profile?

Sorry, we don't have the resources to handle these requests.

What are the guidelines for a profile picture?

ALL pictures MUST contain a recent picture of You in it with a visible head shot at a minimum. Full length or partial shots are acceptable as long as you are recognizable.

Images must be in JPG, BMP or GIF format.
Images must NOT contain any nudity or offensive material.
Images must NOT contain cartoons or celebrities.
You can upload a maximum of 8 images.
If images are too large (5+ MB), they may not upload properly.

If you're not in them, they will be eventually removed along with your upload rights in you continue to upload non compliant pictures.

Why Were My Images Deleted

Moderators will not know the specific reason, however suffice it to say that either you did not follow the rules above or on the Image Upload page, or for one of the reasons found in the following threads:

Technical Picture Requirements
Unacceptable Profile Pics
Reporting & deleting Main Images
Recognizable Headshot Criteria
Profile Pics: What not to do

Uploading non-compliant images will result in your picture upload privileges being revoked or your account deleted.

How do I delete an image?

To delete an image click on 'Delete Image' beside your photo.

How do I attach private/hidden pictures to my messages?

Once you’ve written your mail message you’ll see your photos displayed at the bottom of the screen. Simply check the boxes beside the photos you’d like to send and your message will contain whatever you’ve selected.

How do I get a picture on my computer?

Go to your local kinko's or whatever photo processing company is in your city and ask them to scan it in for you and email it to yourself. This will cost you about a $1.00

What if my photos are on a disk or in my email account?

Save the image from your disk or email account by 'right clicking' on the image with the mouse, clicking on save as, and save as a JPG image on your desktop; then proceed to upload your image to your plentyoffish.com account

What if there is no browse/upload button?

a) You have already uploaded a maximum of 8 images to your profile.
b) Your picture upload privileges have been revoked because you uploaded non-compliant images to your profile.

Why do I see some profiles with more than 8 pictures?

In early 2005, the limit was lowered from 16 to 8. Profiles with more than 8 got to keep them but can't add/change them. (Pics 9-16 can be deleted but can't be replaced)

Why was my picture deleted? There wasn't any nudity!

PoF's Terms of Service also limit the use of copyrighted images (including cartoons), and images 'borrowed' from the internet.

I have less than 8 pictures. Why can't I add more?

If pics were removed from your profile by the automatic system or manually by the administrator, your profile may have lost its picture-uploading privileges.

I still can't upload any Images. What else could be wrong?
Summary/Image Issues Troubleshooting

How do I submit a picture?

1. Login to plentyoffish.com

2. Click on the Images link in the top POF Menu bar.

3. You will see two methods of uploading pictures, the first is a Flash based uploader and the second method for less experienced users will simply look like the following:

When you click on browse, you will see a dialogue box pop up that shows you your PC's file directories - from there you will have to manually navigate to where the pictures are stored on your drive and then select an image.

Unacceptable Images - Click hereTechnical Picture Requirements
    Unacceptable Profile Pics
    Reporting & deleting Main Images
    Recognizable Headshot Criteria
    Profile Pics: What not to do
    Uploading non-compliant images will result in your picture upload privileges
    being revoked or your account deleted

4. Click the ‘Browse’ button in order to find your image on your disk/computer.

5. Once you’ve selected the image from your computer, you then have the option of having it appear on your profile publicly or privately by clicking on the drop down menu button directly to the right of the Browse Button.

6. Then click on the "UPLOAD NEW IMAGE" button.

7. Once the upload is complete, you will see the image on your list

8. Click on Update Image Settings at the bottom of the page and you're done.

9. If the image was in the process of uploading, and it did not complete - try again, if it still doesn't upload, try at a different time other than peak traffic times.

10. If you want to change or hide or delete a picture, click on the IMAGES link at the top of your page, and then when presented with your list of pictures, click on the appropriate box beside your picture, that denotes whether to make it available for display and if you want to make it your main or to delete it, then click on the UPDATE IMAGES button at the bottom of the page.

If you're using the POF app on your cell phone, follow the menu to Images and it will be self explanatory.

Further details:Images: Add/Change/Delete Images

Important Note

If you've gone through steps 1-8 (scroll up)and you're still having difficulty - please tell us where in the process you experienced problems, or if there are any messages on the screen.

Simply telling us that you couldn't upload your picture doesn't help us much - It's like taking your car to the mechanic and telling him/her "My car won't go". Help us with a more descriptive post.

Please post any difficulties you are experiencing in this thread or email csr@pof.com.

MsLatinoLover
Msg: 3
Attaching Picts to Email
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:38:02 AM
I have my picts uploaded; however, it will not allow me to save my image as a PRIVATE IMAGE and I CAN'T ATTACH MY PICTURE TO SEND AS AN EMAIL. I have done everything from the troubleshoot page and the help page..

So PLEASE HELP!!!!

THANKS!!! :-)
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 4
Attaching Picts to Email
Posted: 8/11/2011 7:59:53 AM
From your profile, it does look like you have private images. When you attach them, you can do so in two ways:

1) When you make first contact by using the "Contact User Now" from the bottom of their profile and

2) by clicking the "Reply" button from the message when someone contacts you.

In these two cases, at the bottom of your message box, you should see your privates images. Click to attach. (Note: If you message someone that has "Must have picture to contact this user", all of your pictures will automatically attach. Unclick those you don't wish to send.)

When you message people using the "Quick Reply" box, you are not given the opportunity to attach messages.

Hope this helps.
 mrman76
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Pictures or Images - How to Upload Them
Posted: 8/14/2011 1:42:31 PM
why cant I use webcam to download a picture?
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 6
Posted: 8/14/2011 2:21:43 PM
Use the webcam to download a picture of yourself to a file on your computer, even your desktop. Then use the file or desktop when uploading to PoF.
 mssexyro
Msg: 8
How to remove privacy
Posted: 8/20/2011 10:23:10 PM
I dont know how to remove the privacy from my proflie. My pics cant be seen & i dont want it like that. Wat do i do?
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 9
How to remove privacy
Posted: 8/21/2011 3:10:07 AM
Click "Images". Should be a spot to mark as "Private", unclick all of those and save. It's been a while since I had pictures, but I'm sure that hasn't changed.

Good luck
 mrrick82
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 8/21/2011 10:21:24 AM
how can i you the picture i currently have on p.o.f
 UglyFroggieCritter
Msg: 11
Posted: 8/21/2011 2:10:26 PM
I'm sorry, but what? That makes no sense.
 michellvaughn33
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 8/28/2011 3:10:30 PM
how do i upload new pictures,and how to do i activate chat?
 memorie44
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 8/30/2011 2:16:31 PM
i cant upload photo what could be the problem
 dansail_7059
Msg: 14
Posted: 8/31/2011 9:28:57 AM
I have to agree. There is no link for me to upload a picture. I cannot even get to the page where picture uploading is available. What gives?
 storereddog2
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 9/6/2011 7:58:18 PM
i want 2 upload my picture from my facebook

Read Message 2 of this thread.

bikerdee
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2011 5:36:34 AM
can i use my facebook pics on my profile on here
 *Cowboy*
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2011 5:49:18 AM
^^ not directly from facebook. You must upload pics from your computer. Try reading msg 16 directly above yours who asked the same EXACT question.

Cowboy
 usmc2222
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 9/11/2011 10:26:02 AM
how do I upload my pictures? I just took a picture with camera and plugged it in. I need to know what to press to transfer to my picture on profile.
 egomainaik
Msg: 19
UP LOAD NEW PICTURES from phone
Posted: 9/17/2011 3:55:04 PM
I have a DROID 2 global, and I am not able to upload from my phone. Please tell me if there is anything I may be misusing to upload from phone
 LeoK
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Posted: 9/19/2011 11:51:03 AM
I have uploaded pics in the past, but something seems broken. I get to UPLOAD IMAGES and it announces a new flash based uploader and a a "default image uploader below". Neither seems present!
 Cavan86
Msg: 21
view profile
History
FAQ: Pictures or Images - How to Upload Them
Posted: 9/24/2011 7:38:47 PM
Ok, so I understand how to upload pictures. Ive done it in the past, but right now when i click on images i get a blank screen, with nothing loading. It happens when i try and do a username search and a few other things to. Anybody know what this could be?
 Inkler
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 10/3/2011 12:22:23 PM
I would like to upload a photo from my printer-I tried to scan it and e-mail it to plentyoffish. I don't know how to go about this. I guess I did it wrong. I need a computer guerru to explain it carefully to me so I can do it right. Please assist. Thank You.

zebra69
Msg: 23
Posted: 10/6/2011 7:16:52 PM
how do upload my photo

jleck33
Msg: 24
Posted: 10/7/2011 9:59:36 AM
I go through the steps, & "it" keeps telling me that my [ics are not in the right format, or too small any advice on how to format them correctly or to enlarge them?

Read post #2 of this thread.

chevyvan1994
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 10/7/2011 4:44:11 PM
photo

Typing the word "photo" doesn't help - reading post #2 of this thread may.

sillything54
Msg: 26
view profile
History
Posted: 10/8/2011 5:02:49 AM
I can't seem to get my pic on my profile

Looks fine to me - this is your profile - click HERE

Show ALL Forums  > Technology/Computers  > FAQ: Pictures or Images - How to Upload Them