Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What are key qualities in a relationship?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Excalibur71531
Msg: 1
view profile
History
What are key qualities in a relationship?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
I think honesty, trust, sincerity, love, understanding and a great sense of humor are key qualities in a relationship. Without them, there would be no foundation for a good relationship. What are the key qualities in a relationship to you?
 lookingineastcanton
Msg: 2
What are key qualities in a relationship?
Posted: 1/30/2006 4:48:32 PM
Honesty, trust,friendship,comunication,respect,compassion,mix that in with a good sense of humor and passion and you have a great relationship.
 loverlady01
Msg: 3
Posted: 1/30/2006 4:53:13 PM
Honesty,commitment, trust,communication,sincerity,understanding, patience, tolerance and I really could go on and on but wont. Those are a few key ones that I , myself like to practice. Oh and the biggie, NO EXPECTATIONS!! Thats what really screws things up lol.but the first few would be my key ones lol.
 sammysalt1
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/30/2006 4:53:16 PM
When I smile at him, he smiles back. Even when he is mad and don't want to. Thats a good thing.
 blondegreeneyedgal
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/30/2006 4:53:32 PM
respect,honesty,trust,friendship,communication,great sex,humour,understanding and commitment
 nashawn
Msg: 6
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:09:35 PM
THE ABILITY TO LIE WITH A STRAIGHT FACES?

AM I FAT? NO, BABY

THESE SHOES LOOK O.K. ? NEVER LOOKED BETTER

i HATE THAT *****? I KNOW SHE THINK SHE ALL THAT

LEARN NOW FELLAS!!!!
 sammygirly
Msg: 7
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:10:07 PM
Honesty. Really, after that - everything falls into place.
 leafslady
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:12:33 PM
Honesty,trust and communication.

If you don't have those..you've got nothing.
 daylillies
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:36:33 PM
1. Honesty
Honesty is one of the most basic of all elements to any healthy relationship. A deep and loving honesty between two people says, "No matter what happens, you will always know the true me." This feeling allows couples to open up and be the best they can be with each other.

2. Forgiveness
Couples who can't make up will break up. As simple as this sounds, without forgiveness in a relationship, old hurts often resurface and neither person is truly able to let go of the past.

3. Communication
Couples need to learn how to talk through both easy and challenging issues. Disagreements are a part of every relationship. To get through them, partners have to learn to respect their different ways of communicating and "walk in their partner's shoes." This means learning how to communicate love in a way that your partner hears and feels it.

4. Trust
Trust is like honesty in that it deepens over time. Couples who are able to trust each other don't have to deal with insecurities between each other. They're able to speak freely and be themselves, knowing that their partner loves them for it.

5. Time Apart
Couples have to spend time away from each other. In the beginning being inseparable is normal, but over time, couples need to develop different interests and habits in order to have continued interest in the relationship.

6. Friendship
Couples need to be friends as well as lovers. When the passion wanes, it is the deep friendship that keeps people together. Any long-term married couple will tell you that it is the friendship that keeps them together.

7. Monogamy
Monogamy is one of the founding elements of all marriages. You can't have trust and honesty if there isn't monogamy.

8. Similar Values
This means that when you make major decisions in life, you two fall close to the same line. You may disagree about some issues, but the couples that are the happiest agree about the big subjects like money and how to raise children.

9. Patience
If you can deal with your partner's issues and his or her imperfections with patience, you have the bond to make it through the rough times. Marriages don't end because there are problems; they end because people quit trying to work those problems out!

10. Passion
Couples who have passion for each other are able to sustain their love. While this may ebb and flow over time, the genuine passion for each other is at the heart of all lasting relationships.
 H2Olover
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:43:53 PM
you're right! - those are basics.
I see them like this tho' ...

communication + honesty = trust

I figure - throw in a little attraction and affection ... and it's a beginning!
Leads to caring and sharing. Feels great ...
Then it's up to two, thinking and learning ... working together!

the rest is details and unique for all of us.
 r1chguy
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:49:29 PM
Well, we now why all these people are single. Honesty is about the biggest detriment to a relationship, ever. It is nice to see everyone post their 'self-help' book answers, but they are certainly not based in any reality.
 sweetrush4u
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/30/2006 8:59:11 PM
good candy ,,,,good sex,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,number one,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 daylillies
Msg: 13
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:01:55 PM
they didnt specify how to get info..that comment was for me....very mature...an thank you..have fun
 leafslady
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:01:59 PM

Well, we now why all these people are single. Honesty is about the biggest detriment to a relationship, ever. It is nice to see everyone post their 'self-help' book answers, but they are certainly not based in any reality.

Aren't you single as well?

Do you suggest deception and /or mollification as keys to a relationship?
 sweetrush4u
Msg: 15
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:04:37 PM
i married for sex ,,,but when i decided no sex marriage fellapart after 21 yrs,,of sex,,,,just go get some candy on here,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
 r1chguy
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/30/2006 9:06:25 PM

Do you suggest deception and /or mollification as keys to a relationship

They are definitely required if you wish to find success.
 ~SpiffyKat~
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/30/2006 11:16:34 PM
I think some of the major components of a great relationship are

Trust/honesty
faithfulness
Good communication
repecting one anothers opinions and values
Friendship
chemistry
laughter
compassion
common ground
and in time ....really hot lovin
 Racer71
Msg: 18
Posted: 1/31/2006 4:50:59 AM
Honesty and Respect. Trust will result from honesty. Good sex and common interests are also very important.
 aspiring_angel
Msg: 19
Posted: 1/31/2006 6:02:38 AM
Common interests
communication
trust
passion
great sex
similar goals
respect

Good thread
 loverlady01
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/31/2006 6:48:09 AM
I almost forgot respect!
 daylillies
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/31/2006 8:11:14 AM
my point of veiw...mutal repsect an trust with those everythignelse falls into place.
 daylillies
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:42:18 AM
Good sex ..now why do so many emphasize with sex....i mean really...if your physically emotionally an mentally connected with the woman/man...it will happen naturally and would be the greatest love making you've had.
seriously though...that turns me off ....cause i have met guys who always talk bout sex sex sex an cant seem to keep their end of the bargain up.... whats up with that..lol?
 Rake
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/31/2006 9:57:41 AM
smoking hot sex....everything else is details.
 generic555
Msg: 24
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:24:13 AM
Chemistry in the first five minutes, or else forget it and move on to the next one.

Then have your constantly-updated list ready and start checking things off.

Compromise, and you may miss the one who was only three people ahead of that person, with whom you would have had complete reciprocity.
 CN1176
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/31/2006 10:29:02 AM
chemistry and honesty

and great SEX!!!!!!!!!!
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What are key qualities in a relationship?