Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When a man says i want to make love to u what does it mean if u are o      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 puttytat
Msg: 1
 diggydiggy
Msg: 2
When a man says i want to make love to u what does it mean if u are only dating
Posted: 2/5/2006 7:56:13 PM
It means you've started analyzing already and that will be detrimental to your relationship. Make love with him if you want and just enjoy your time. Everything will fall into place as it should.
 Sasquatch2
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/5/2006 7:57:45 PM
What's to explain?

He just wants to jump your bones!
 Sarahv
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:00:29 PM
I must be missing something here don't people usually have sex when they are dating ? isn't that the point ?
 Eponymouss
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:00:29 PM
It means he's using the word love, trying to connect that word to sex in your head, so that he can have sex with you.

Think FOX News.
 blondegreeneyedgal
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/5/2006 8:03:55 PM
agrees^,he will say anything to get in ur pants lol
 giggleparts
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/5/2006 11:22:20 PM
The two posts above me are completely inflammatory and gross generalities that are in no way indicative of what "most" men think or feel. I'm not saying that there aren't guys out there like that (because there are), just that to make shitty comments like that (and one from a guy no less) are not conducive to a happy life.

Not all men are predictable sexual opportunists.

Not even most men.

Did it ever occur to anyone that maybe this has more to do with cultural as-well-as gender programming; rather than simple biology?
 Eponymouss
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/5/2006 11:57:33 PM

completely inflammatory and gross generalities

Believe what you will. I read the original post and my gut tells me that neither of these accusations is true.

to make shitty comments like that (and one from a guy no less) are not conducive to a happy life.

Ow my manhood. I lead quite the happy life.

Not all men are predictable sexual opportunists.

Not even most men.

Most men, in my opinion are. Especially men in their 20's. And there are various studies that have been done over the years that I can point you to, if you wish, that will verify this.
And I do believe that culture and gender programming are a big part of it. There are peer and societal expectations on men that they ought to take advantage of every sexual opportunity they can. Not just because of the cave-man urge to spread their seed.
 pen name
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:06:34 AM

There are peer and societal expectations on men that they ought to take advantage of every sexual opportunity they can.

This must be new. Do you have an example?
 c3sparling
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:11:11 AM
why do ppl over anylyze things that could just be what they mean. when he says he wants to make love to you wow i take that as tho hes got an alien in his pocket named ralph and hes going to take over the world. DOH what it dosnt mean that.
 Griffintown
Msg: 11
DUH!
Posted: 2/6/2006 12:54:02 AM
No sex ed classes in orangeville ontario
That's what it means...

You're the flower and he's the bee.....

giggleparts
Msg: 12
DUH!
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:41:12 AM
When I say I love you to my girlfriend I'm not just saying it to say it, or to get sex for that matter. I say it because I mean it. There is no secret agenda. I could never lie about something like that. Not because it is out of the realm of my abilities, but because it is out of the realm of my nobilities, if in fact I can claim to be noble at all, that is.

What you really need to be asking is; what the hell is wrong with the people who can say it based on some other motivation.

I know plenty of guys in their twenties (me included), who mean what they say, when they say that. Of course, I also know at least two that are complete a**holes too.

Life isn’t all about MTV spring break and how to screw everyone over.

My only solace is that all things come full circle and at some point this too shall pass.

Don't participate in the lie it belittles us all.
 Angel without Halo
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/6/2006 3:53:25 AM
>>>> When a man says i want to make love to u what does it mean if u are only dating<<<<

Plain and simple, he wants into your pants and the "I want to make love to you" is much more romantic than "I want to have sex" imo

A.
 BambiWoods
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:17:29 AM
would you feel much better about it if he came out with "i want to scr*w you" instead?
 *Tee*
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/6/2006 5:23:41 AM
Giggleparts...I understand what you're saying hun, and yes, you are right, not all men say things like that just to get into your pants. You might truly be one of the small percentage of men that mean what they say.
Being a woman though, I can honestly tell you just from my own experiences that if a man is telling you he wants to make love to you while dating, he DOES want sex. Now if she had said they were already exclusive and in a long term relationship (thats not what I understood from the initial post), then I would say you are probably right, maybe he does care about her.
I have had many a conversation about this with some male friends that I have never been in a relationship with, and they have all for the most part been very honest and up front with me. Yes, men think sex first.
If you are one of those small percentages of men that don't, then Kudos to you hun. I can only hope that there is a heck of a lot more of you out there!
 Evil Sailor
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/6/2006 6:09:59 AM
Now how long have they been actually been dating, 2 weeks or 6 months? Have they been experimenting and teasing themselves? These are just a few things to concider. Is he actually a nice person personaly? If not, why is she dating him and if so, what is the actual problem? If he is not the man for you well, maybe you should find someone who is cause life is too short being with someone you really don't want to be with and he could be with someone who actually would want to make love to him. Just my opinion.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > When a man says i want to make love to u what does it mean if u are only dating