Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > y do men cheat on their girlfriends or wives ?& how do we gain the tr      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 mustangsally67
Msg: 1
y do men cheat on their girlfriends or wives ?& how do we gain the trust of men !Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
id like to know how do you know that you can trust a man when you start dating.I was married for 10 yrs thinking I can trust my husband when day one I find after being with this man for 10 yrs find out hes been cheating so we are now divorced thank god but i find it very hard to trust men now so id like some advice on how to gain the trust of men so if anyone has some friendly advice bring it on & thanx
 mikeyem
Msg: 2
y do men cheat on their girlfriends or wives ?& how do we gain the trust of men !
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:23:11 AM
Men don't need to gain your trust, an individual does. You can start by getting rid of stereotypes. A confident man who is secure in himself doesn't need to cheat. A little boy who is always looking outside of himself for validation of his worth does. You attract where you're at.
 kjagain
Msg: 3
y do men cheat on their girlfriends or wives ?& how do we gain the trust of men !
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:29:58 AM

A confident man who is secure in himself doesn't need to cheat. A little boy who is always looking outside of himself for validation of his worth does. You attract where you're at.

Well said. Goes both ways, too.
 Avow
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:35:54 AM
Trust is something you learn/earn in your/there actions after you know them and see how they/you respect one another, Like when first dating are you/them on time call if going to be late etc and you both show respect for one another in your actions toward each other, and you feel secure then confidence in someone will just happen, watch and listen to them, it doesn't just happen when you first start dating its only after you know where you stand and only then. Can you truly trust someone.
P.S.
It's not men who cheat It's most insecure people who do.

TRUST...oneself and you will get respect
 Greek711
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:45:56 AM
Im not saying men dont cheat , and those that do, DO RUIN IT for the good ones who want and can be trsuted very quickly !!

BUT do not say ONLY MEN ...

last i checked women cheat almost as much ... but are alot more careful and secretive about it !!

THE TITLE FORUM SHOULD ...

WHY DO MEN AND WOMEN CHEAT !!! ?
 Greek711
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/8/2006 11:48:47 AM
TRUST takes a lifetime to keep and maintain... but takes ONLY a suspicion to break it for good !!

For me i TRUST everyone new in my life...but ONCE they lie, they are gone !!!

I find it easier for me ..

but thats me !
 good bye
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/8/2006 12:30:38 PM
dont chase married men or dating men that would solve half the battle!.

Self control learn to use it we have it for a reason !!!!.

OT: if there cheating there's a reason why, to trust them that would be foolish.they proved that they can't be trusted so why trust them?.move on some one else would love to be faithful for you!.

classy canuck
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/8/2006 12:43:46 PM
men cheat on their wives and girlfriends because they choose to.

Trust is earned and never gained.........
 Soulfishy
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2006 12:43:49 PM
A confident man who is secure in himself doesn't need to cheat. A little boy who is always looking outside of himself for validation of his worth does.

I am continually impressed by the wisdom of some of the younger people on this site...
Mikeyem is one of them...
Not to put undue pressure on you Mikey, but what would you say in all fairness about women who get involved with these boy/men? Not trying to be facetious, it's just that you articulated that last thought so well.....

edit: oops, just looked at mikeyem's profile, am I embarassed! well, take it as a compliment dude, your pic looks very young!
 mikeyem
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/8/2006 1:54:40 PM
I don't blush easily but you definitely got me there soulfishy. I work in an environment where I see many women stick by men who are drug users, abusers, criminals, etc. I've always wondered why and the best I can come up with is because they believe that these men are all they deserve. It goes back to my saying, you attract where you're at. If you're confident then you're going to attract confident men. Now, this is all prefaced with the proviso that I do not have a clue as to what goes on in a woman's head!
 Soulfishy
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:02:41 PM

I've always wondered why and the best I can come up with is because they believe that these men are all they deserve.

Yup, think you are right on or at least very close with that, even with being from Mars.(I am not from Venus by the way, rather from Titan I think)

Sorry for making you blush...(or am I?)
 Mister Right 4U
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:04:20 PM
The same question goes for women...
 mustangsally67
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:53:09 PM
1 reason y women would cheat is some men treat women like garbage & have no idea how to treat a women & r afraid to dump their boyfriends or husbands so they retreat to cheating so have thier been any men in here that have been treated like shit from girlfriends or wives that would make u want to cheat .
 Minerva73
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/8/2006 3:55:59 PM
I know that the above poster is giving 1 reason with "justification" but what is justice?, and when did two wrongs make a right. Last I checked cheating never made anyone truly happy in the end. I have never had to cheat although the thought of it was tempting once upon a time in high school.
Cheaters do it for the wrong reasons because there is no right reason to do it. People who accuse you of cheating however when you know your not doing anything only cause end to relationship because the trust is gone. It only takes suspicion not proof to phuck up a good relationship.
 crazycanadian05
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/8/2006 4:54:07 PM
Men and women both cheat for all sorts of different resons.. They get bored, they just want something else, they are insecure doesn't matter the reason..

as for learning how to trust another person again, you have to learn how to be aware of whats going on and how that person acts.. If your instinct tells you something is fishy its probley right... There is no way of telling a person how to trust again, thats up to the indavidual.. It takes time and pacience(sp)
 HORSELADY3
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:16:42 PM
If you cant trust, you arent ready to move on!! I tend to trust until given a reason not to, lighten up, go on dates meet people!! Life is too short to worry about the past! Look where your going not where ya been!
 canadianredneck
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/8/2006 5:23:04 PM
True story. You can learn from the past but not change it.. The future you can do something about. Like being a better stalker!
 mustangsally67
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/8/2006 7:01:18 PM
hey horselady its nice to see ya again LOL ! OK cut it out guys with the stalker insults ahhahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I think im goona start a chapter 2 on that stalker forum
 JustAndy
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:14:16 PM

1 reason y women would cheat is some men treat women like garbage & have no idea how to treat a women

I can understand them cheating in that case. I don't think it's right, but I can kind of understand it.

What I don't understand is why a woman would cheat on a man that treats her well (and, usually, cheats on him with someone who will treat her like garbage) - any insight there?
 Comedien
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:20:15 PM
I think the fact that monogomy is simply not a natural human trait it is almost ridiculous that society has forced the notion onto us over generations.

While it is breaking a trust when one person promises not to stray, then does, it should not be so suprising it happens as it is human nature.

The fact that men "seem" to cheat more often is left over basic instinct of propegation of the species - impregnate as many females as possible.

Having said this, I am only talking about "one night" cheats - not full blown affairs where emotions are involved - that is simply one person being selfish.
 X™
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:24:42 PM
i think we cheat cause its easier then breaking up

plz foward hatemail to c\o Trophyboyfriend
 Comedien
Msg: 22
 hobbes26
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:30:00 PM
this has always been my question....is there like 1 girl out there sleeping with like 20 guys.....cause the number of men and women are approx equal....and seeing as there is one of each in every hetero relationship seems logical equal numbers there.

so how can men be cheating more when it takes two to tango unless
1.)they are cheating with other coupled men....ewwwww
2.)there is like a few girls who are throwing alot out

I think its more social convention that skews the number

A woman throwing the "he cheated on me" gets her sympathy and is a "aww thats too bad" while socially a man saying "she cheated on me" is more apt to get remarks about not getting the job done and at most a "forget that ****" and a beer from his buds.

So overall i think the numbers are more equal its just women are alot more apt to throw the term "cheater" than guys are.
 spincycle1963
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:32:19 PM
OP...why do women cheat with men who have wives and girlfriends??It takes 2 ..where there is a cheating man there is a woman who is cheating with him.Women who sleep with married/attached men are the lowest form of wh0re. I trust no one until they earn it.I give men enough rope to hang themselves...all the freedom they want...if they can remain true then I trust them.It makes no sense to me to run around trying to head off an affair/chase off women friends/trying to keep him faithful/acting like a jealous psycho.How do you know then if he is faithful because it is his nature or if he is faithful for lack of an opportunity? Infidelity is character flaw and if he can't be faithful I want to know as soon as possible.So I can get the h3ll out dodge.
 X™
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/1/2006 5:32:29 PM
actually I was watching Sex stories (incase i saw some penetration)

They did a survey and found that 63% of women cheated (yikes)

they just don't get caught .....and did you know to go with that

58% of people are not fathered by the person they think
Show ALL Forums  > British Columbia  > y do men cheat on their girlfriends or wives ?& how do we gain the trust of men !