Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how do I tell if a guy wants a relationship or Just a one night stand?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blondiegirl05
Msg: 1
how do I tell if a guy wants a relationship or Just a one night stand?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Sometimes men really confuse me. They ask for my number say they will call me and... they never do. Or they call me for a couple of days and then tell me to call them and they are too busy to talk or just walking out the door or something. what goes through a man's head? I don't want to know all of what goes on just enough to help me decide if a man is worth my time or not.
 YamIhere
Msg: 2
view profile
History
how do I tell if a guy wants a relationship or Just a one night stand?
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:40:40 AM
There's a real easy test .... Is he a man? Y or N.

Just kidding, of course, though few men will turn one down. If he's interested in more than sex (all men ARE interested in sex) he'll be willing to play the waiting game.
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:40:42 AM
Some men feel they should play hard to get. It worked so well for women for so long that men now try it. That's not true for all. Some are players and just want the sex. Truth is, some of guys can't even tell what other guys are thinking. I had a friend use me once to set him up with a girl. Once he had her one time, sexually, he was done. I felt bad cause I was the one who put them together. Had I known that his intentions were to only have sex with her once, I would have told her so. You see, no one can tell you exactly what anyone else is thinking. We only use intuition, which you have yourself, so I say go with your gut honey and good luck.
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:42:55 AM
Of course, I don't mean for you to have sex with a guy right away either. Make him earn the privilege, first.
 CRB
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:43:50 AM
It's simple don't sleep with him on the first night and make him wait for awhile. If he's still around then you know. It's not rocket science.
 sweetmarie000
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:59:04 AM
Does he call to say hi, how are you?
Does he take you to dinner....meet you for coffee?

Or does he only call after last call ... while on his way home from the bar.........then you know all you are to him is a booty call!!

Been looking for more than that and found it here on POF
 mickey_brown_eyes
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:59:17 AM
the only real reason for a relationship is that you didn't have sex on the first night and he really wants to hit it

Mojo_LA
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:29:01 AM
I'm confused by some of these replies:

"make him wait for it"

"make him earn the privilage"

Do you women really see sex as just a commodity? A reward for good attendance? How about "wait until you WANT to sleep with him?"

Or "Wait until you are sure he's not just in it for sex?"

I think women who consider sex as a tool or bargaining chip are just as bad as men who only want to get in your pants.
 travisty
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:54:31 AM

I think women who consider sex as a tool or bargaining chip are just as bad as men who only want to get in your pants.

I would have to agree on this one. Using sex as a reward and punishment system isn't very moral.

To be fair, just as a woman dislikes men who Just want sex, and disassociates herself from the man, a man can see from the woman's behaviour if she is using the carrot and stick way of thinking with sex and drop her from his life.

A person only lets someone else use them or manipulate them.
1. Man just wants sex, buh-bye.
2. Woman uses sex as tool, buh-bye.
Simple.
 uneekguy
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:56:33 AM
Have sex with him...if he doesn't come back the next day it was either a one night stand or he has Alzheimer's!
 Bandito
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:56:51 AM
A lie detector test would solve that problem. Just ask him if he plans on calling you again?
 Summer Teeth
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/9/2006 12:04:15 PM
Sleep with him, and then see if he ever calls you again.
 baddest_shark
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/9/2006 12:19:45 PM
Great thread...hard question to answer...ALL men are created different!!! LOL

So are "players" and will tell you one thing but mean another just to get you in bed.

In my opinion you should wait. Even thou you might be HOT for each other and want to get it on...wait. Chat for a long time, phone each other...and see what you BOTH want out of this.

Some women DO want sex and only sex...just like men.

enjoy
 squeak365
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/9/2006 12:21:55 PM
If he doesn't take off his socks or his watch, it is a one nighter...

Squeak
 sambucadawg
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/9/2006 12:31:55 PM
even better, sleep with me and see if he calls

wolfskshuntress
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/9/2006 12:48:16 PM
i always agree with my partner beforehand, when I know it is a one night stand, so there are no false expectations ..

why not say to the guy, "you know, this is just for one night", and if he eagerly agrees, then you know he is willing to settle for just one night with you, and you can choose to stay or walk away - if he objects, then maybe he wants you for more than one night ..
 bigsmile
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/9/2006 2:31:28 PM
I remember one very good looking man said "how long do you want to do this" after we had sex pretty damn fast in our acquaintence (notice I don't even call it a relationship)--- I, thinking I actually know men, mistakenly said "do you mean today?" ----- He actually was asking in a charming way would I like to see him again ----- and yes we did for a very nice several months. See I almost blew it there LOL

The moral of this little story is:
1) very few people only want a one night stand --- men or women
2) having very fun sex is just a bit more entertaining then dinner and a movie if you like sex
3) still trying to determine where the slut line really is so I can stay on the respectible side and still have as much fun as possible!!!!
 wurhelp
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/9/2006 4:00:57 PM
You don't, even if you get to know each other, it could all be for the "chase". Take some time, see how you interact together. Is he calling you also? These are the chances any single person takes while in the searching process. Just own stock in Trojan and DON'T under any circumstances let anything happen without propolactics pr very possibly an STD test. If he's serious about you, an STD test will normally worm out the "chasers, players and or thrill seekers."

It's for both your safety concerns. Emotionally, well that's another issue. Holding out is what-making sure? of what? Want him! Want each other! Even at that, the physical appeal can always have you both coming back, time and time again. Without there ever being an emotional connection.
 bugsybears
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/9/2006 4:05:05 PM
well blondiegirl if you really want to know if a guy is wanting a relationship or a one night stand, hold off on the sex for a while. unless you can't, then you'll just have to take your chances. good luck.
 travisty
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/9/2006 5:10:33 PM

I hate phone. They wake me up, or ring when I'm doing something really impotent like masterbating or playing video games or on the potty. Who ever invented them is a berry bad purzon.

Phones do suck.
 *xine*
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:36:42 PM
@ sandiego man2878

you have so many restrictions on your list that its too hard for anyone to email you!!
 zentral
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:47:10 PM
If he comes back another night, then it wasn't a one-night stand. Then you'll know it could be a relationship. If he's still there a year later, it was a relationship. What could be simpler?
 diggydiggy
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:47:48 PM
I hate phone. They wake me up, or ring when I'm doing something really impotent like masterbating or playing video games or on the potty. Who ever invented them is a berry bad purzon.

Gotta love that impotent masturbating bit.....

zentral
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:50:01 PM

Phones do suck.

Where can I get one of those?

BTW, how does "impotent" masturbation work? (In reference to
really impotent like masterbating
)
 Chocolate83
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:57:48 PM
I totally know what you mean... and they say it is hard to understand women..

There are two ways this is going to go:

Option 1: he is playing hard to get because he believes if he plays hard to get you might want him more

Option 2: "he is just not that into you" and is just playing this silly game of cat and mouse so he can keep his options open while he dates other women.

as for the relationship or one night stand question ... you just got to ask him out front what he wants ... but the most important thing is WHAT DO YOU WANT !!!

hope this helps
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > how do I tell if a guy wants a relationship or Just a one night stand?