Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What is the best way to meet someone on here?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 coastal_utopia
Msg: 1
What is the best way to meet someone on here?Page 1 of 1    
Newby here and sort of been checking it all out all online. Have seen some wickedly quality women on here. But do not want to sound stupid or corny and not sure of the best approach. Not online newby on here, but newby again to dating scene....

Do you IM them? Do your message them? Do you click on them in forum? Likes whats up, ladies. Need some insider info?
 Lexy47
Msg: 2
What is the best way to meet someone on here?
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:01:43 PM
All of the above...........
 brawnydog
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:07:39 PM
Say something that makes them want
to know more about you.

They'll contact you.

moo and another

edit: sorry, didn't realize that you were new. I retract the moo.
 SNUGELKIN
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:17:47 PM
Message them or just drop them a hello line. Because if they are like me they feel a lil aquward at messaging you first.
 coastal_utopia
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:20:26 PM
This is good keep it coming.
 Bioscisweetie
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:23:46 PM
Awesome posts! lol, remember don't ask us yes or no questions. I don't know how many people asked me that, it just get redundant. And do read their profile, and build on that. Lastly, have confidence in yourself, but from the looks of reading your profile, you do. But, hey if you ever need any help just message me. Take care, and good luck.
 second_life
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:24:20 PM
Lately, Stalker threads have been popular.
 Mr. Peanut Butter Cup
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/9/2006 9:21:59 PM
Mention you are related to Willy Wonka and you have a key to his chocolate factory....

Hell I get email just because my screen name is Mr. Peanut Butter Cup.....

Just be creative, and most importantly......... be yourself!!!
 longtoe20
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:01:47 PM
Let them come to you. At least you know they are interested then. I think when I was actively trying to look on here I sent out like 2 emails. It is a new era and there are more women then men. Make them do some hunting.
 sugarnspice30
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 4/23/2006 2:19:33 PM
Let them write and im you first,don't go all out trying to reach them cause they may not be instrested.
 nice2cu
Msg: 11
Posted: 4/23/2006 6:25:50 PM
One little bit of important advice...Do not give out ANY personal information other than your first name until you are absolutely certain the other person is sane.
Aside from that, just go with the flow...
Don't try too hard or people will think you're desperate...just be yourself and things will fall into place.

Good luck!

dpusae
Msg: 12
Posted: 4/24/2006 7:07:30 PM
You could just look for people that interest you and send them a message. I know it just sounds so totally insane, but it works sometimes.

Talking to people on here is no different that talking to women in bars. The good thing here is that you don't buy them a drink before you find out if they're interested.

Google '30 Second Speech', and adapt it to your messages. Be simple, to the point, ask open ended questions, don't be too available, it may be online, but it's still the dating game.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > What is the best way to meet someone on here?