Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HELP! When a guy gives you his #, how long do you wait to call?????      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 anenigma
Msg: 1
view profile
History
HELP! When a guy gives you his #, how long do you wait to call?????Page 1 of 6    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6)
I know I've seen this in the threads, but guys...what do you think...when you give a number to a chick, when do you hope to hear from her?
 Budgirl
Msg: 2
HELP! When a guy gives you his #, how long do you wait to call?????
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:37:30 PM
I would say it's the same for guys as it is for women.....once you get someone's phone number....you have three days to call them....after that forget it.......
 BladeAZ
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:38:48 PM
I always thought the 3-day rule was silly. If you had a good time, call them the next day and say so.
 Le Roi
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:44:03 PM

I know I've seen this in the threads, but guys...what do you think...when you give a number to a chick, when do you hope to hear from her?

I would expect her to call as soon as she can.
 pandaR6
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:47:00 PM
when shes ready to cook
 entirety
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:52:31 PM
Don't you guys get tired of all this analyzing and game playing and cat and mousing?? Do what you feel like doing!...I think the 3 day rule is silly and if two people are genuinely interested it will flow and both of you will connect and talk to one another...if it doesn't come together then likely then it really is not meant to happen....Right???..Entirety
 lexus430
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:53:54 PM
before somebody else does
 OneUniqueCaLady
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/9/2006 7:55:01 PM
I usually ask, when's a good time to call..........????
 fishdude1973
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:17:00 PM
Smart answer, OneUniqueCaLady!

I hate dating/phoning rules. They're so lame. If you're interested in calling someone, call the person!
 Ruby Red
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:24:50 PM
Heck when guys have given ne a # it took me 2 minutes to call. Shocks em sometinmes too! The only real rule for me would be to respect someone's time table of their life. Call if they say early...or late. Whatever. But heck do call!
 coastal_utopia
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:40:04 PM
The three day rule is absurd. If you click like others are saying and you like em , phone him when your jitters are over.

The guy would feel good also, sometimes the 3 days are so painful to wait. Do not gorget the guy is also hoping you call right away so you can move on in the relationship.
 kindirishman
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 8:59:34 PM
I too think that you should call when you feel like it. Just don't appear too crazy or obsessive. Just light converstion will do. Just to let him know you're really interested. Everything will be fine as long as you adhere to that.
 Cara2006
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:39:31 PM
I call when the mood strikes me . Might be an hour, might be a couple days. Might not be at all. hmmmm, does that make me moody? LOL
 DragonRider
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 10:50:03 PM
RUles? Okay here is a rule... It depends on YOU... and her...

If you had a really good night, and everything was right, I have called that night... now that cell phones are so prevelent, I have called in a few minutes (if she has a headset...)

If it is a workday, I try to time it for about an hour after work... give her time to wind down a little... if it is a weekend... depending on how late we were out... soon after rising... nice thing to wake to...

The best thing I have found... and I will grant it does not always work, but if you think things really clicked, and you want to see her again... why wait? Show enthusiasm...

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons....
~~Dragon Rider~~
 cyclingmonk
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:15:38 PM
Wow maybe I'm just too easy going but the next day, the next week, it really doesn't matter to me- just call I really don't like being the only one in a relationhip to pick up the phone and dial a number. You should call back when you get around to it- I've lost numbers (temporarily), got swamped in other things, sometimes $#!% happens. I'm not to sure about this 3 day, next day rule... there shouldn't be a rule. Although that explains why that one I took 10 days before I called back and she forgot who I was, when I reminded her she gave me the cold shoulder and never called me back. I called back one more time, then I got the picture and that was the end of that.

cyclingmonk
 DragonRider
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/9/2006 11:50:19 PM
Cara - If your mood includes calling ME... please... Please please please please BE moody... anytime day or night... go for it...
 c3sparling
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 2/10/2006 12:10:12 AM
i wouldnt wait i would go about my life like normal. thats what answering machines are for. if i wasnt around eh call back. i wouldnt slow my life down just on hopes that a woman would take the time to call.
 ron385
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/11/2006 1:58:18 PM
I agree with fishdude. If you're interested, CALL! Why wait?
 Griffintown
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/11/2006 2:19:54 PM
the time it takes to dial...cause I'd probably loss the number in the next 15 minutes
 JokerWild
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/11/2006 6:11:31 PM
The 3 day rule needs to be vanquished! Anywho just call whenever...not a week or two later though maybe two days or the same day. Personally if a woman gives me her number I'm calling the following afternoon or night. If I really like her and need time to kill the butterflys in my stomach I'd wait two days.
 Silent_Thoughts
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 2/11/2006 6:13:38 PM
My preference is to meet before starting the phone thing, but I am happy
to give my number and also offer to call just to cover the phone charges.

After meeting, the phone is fine, whenever - but mostly for those times
that folks can't see one another due to time or distance or obligations,
and to make plans for next time....

Best Wishes,

mark*
 Nitebynite
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/11/2006 6:45:32 PM
anenigma dear,
You call me the INSTANT you get my number, o.k.?? Hey, get serious here . . . Most of us are not in eighth grade anymore; is it reasonable to start out with ridiculous "three-day rule(s), or the "make the date before Wednesday thing"; can't there be just a little primitive respect that says: It's 2006, why does a woman have to 'wait' to make a move on a man? Are you waiting for the (next) woman who might think he's just great and you just lost out by a day or so . . .
Ladies:No one thinks you're a whore if YOU make the call . . . The *Love Doctor says if you pant like a dog, she'll treat you like one- so never, ever pant . . . Ladies who are interested WANT a man to KNOW they are interested; these are the women who make the sensible move, particulary when (in some cases) the guy has no clue that there's any interest on her part.
An intelligent guy could play this 'show of interest' calm-like; let her get close to you a little- look into her eyes and listen to what she's saying; she'll come to you IF she likes you. And never, ever attack or maul her . . . No self-respecting woman wants some guy trying to be sloppy all over her -it's way too much now and so low class. Try a little tenderness seems to sometimes be the best sneak attack; let's face it guys, WHEN she does call you, then it's your move to 'make it happen'.
All she's going to offer is the opportunity; any man knows it's the lady who makes the choice if anything is going to happen, based on how well we take the lead.

Ladies- pick up your cell phones an make a date . . . Buy a drink and ask a man out for a change . . . might not be such a bad idea to shake the branches a little and see what develops. Frankly, I think it could start a whole new fresh approach to this 'cat and mouse' hide and seek crap that's just keeping us all too unraveled . . . Dating is a pain in the ass until you meet someone nice; so why prolong the agony?
Just my brief spin . . . . MAS:
wink:
 Boxo Frocks
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/11/2006 7:25:53 PM
Give him your number in person then demand he call you immediately using his cell phone, so you can watch and make sure he does it. Take control of your life!
 dalaurya
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/11/2006 11:11:50 PM
until he calls you
 Silent_Thoughts
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Nitebynite....
Posted: 2/11/2006 11:30:51 PM
Nitebynite,
How cool your advice is - and I hope some of the women around here
realize that it isn't 1920 anymore and that they aren't 2nd class citizens !

I have wondered for many years now why those ancient gender roles
still carry weight.

Women know who they want and who they don't want - and it is high
time the world honours them in their choices - so why not make those
choices openly and proudly ?

I would be much happier to know that a woman was interested in me
than feeling like I had to guess and worry about offending her or trying
to guess or read her mind !
(I wonder if women have any clue how many guys these days wish to be
in a better place of respect for them, and would much rather have their
blessing in any form before 'making the first move' ???)

Speak up ladies - like Nitebynite said - there are guys that will think the
world of you for expressing yourselves, and it's time you do !!

Best Wishes,

mark*
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > HELP! When a guy gives you his #, how long do you wait to call?????