Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is real love??. its cant eat cant sleep type feeling right??      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 DeerGirl
Msg: 1
What is real love??. its cant eat cant sleep type feeling right??Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
to me real love is something kinda like the air,,you cant see it,,though you feel it,,you always know its there..whats everyone think??..
 Synical
Msg: 2
What is real love??. its cant eat cant sleep type feeling right??
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:46:44 PM

its cant eat cant sleep type feeling right

Not necessarily ... those are sure fire symptoms of infatuation, too.

Love can't be explained, it's different to each individual. For me, it was when he was the first thought when I woke up, the last thought before I went to bed. When I was with him, I couldn't be close enough .. he'd hug me and I'd feel so completely safe. I'd look at him and feel complete admiration for everything he was, and proud that I had someone like him in my life.
 Hooyahhh
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:49:35 PM
Cool your jets................HORMONES can really clog that head up....
 wonwascallywabbit
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:50:16 PM
If your mind can't leave them, your gaze can't stray from them, your breath escapes you in their presence, and you spend as much of your time as possible making them happy, you've probably succumbed to it's effects. Great feeling, wonderful way to go through life, even if it's fleeting.
 enchantedeuphoriaz
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/12/2006 9:52:46 PM
Love to me.. is knowing that life would be horrible without them.. that you can have your own life but at the same time it wouldnt be enjoyable unless you had them to come home to.. to be able to trust somebody completely... and just have a feeling and the knowledge that, the other person is the person you truly wanna be with... that no matter what youre there for them and theyre there for you... that no matter what happens it will be ok because theyre in your life.... and being able to put the persons needs before youre own... and have the knowledge there that they would do the same
 Emla1
Msg: 6
THIS IS LOVE
Posted: 2/12/2006 10:51:09 PM
My boyfriend is currently in Iraq. Although it's SO hard being apart, I know that he is thinking about me. I think about him all of the time, and I can't wait until he comes home. It's knowing that we'll be together that keeps me going.
 PamelaRae
Msg: 7
THIS IS LOVE
Posted: 2/12/2006 11:16:15 PM
Can't eat? Can't sleep? Probably infatutation.
However, If the person is someone who feels like 'home' - then, it's probably Love. If you can't feel complete or at home in this world without them - then, it's love - for sure. Good and bad together.
 DeerGirl
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/12/2006 11:30:32 PM
wow!! thanks for all the replys,,I think its awesome the differant views people have,,though really its amazing,,it all comes down to the same things,,just said differantly..
I believe,,for example""..two people meet and suppose they are without sight,,they fall in love with the inner person,,the qualities of how the other person makes them feel,,so is apperance a factor,, some would say yes,,though in this situation,,the 2 people would say no,,they fell in love,,with feeling!!!!!....
 asherluvsu
Msg: 9
view profile
History
Posted: 2/12/2006 11:38:21 PM
Love's just an addiction, your body and mind making connections, learning and associating feelings with memories and actions. It's a little healthier than crack though, sure feels better too. some reason that made me think about women in abusive relationships who say they love their man but get the sh*t kicked out of them everyday. Maybe the crack isnt all that bad.
 serendipitous17
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/12/2006 11:56:42 PM
I think love is when everything else in your life seems to be enhanced and complimented by that other person. You see the purpose to the trials and struggles it took to get there. It is when you know that regardless of where you are, that you would be there if needed for that person. You hold a care and concern for their well-being whether or not you are partnered together anymore. Lets face it... most of us will not spend the rest of our life with our one and only love. Most have more than one love. They are just different loves that strike at the right time or the wrong time. Love is what stays after the butterflies dicipate. Love is a gift... in what form you choose to give it, and to whom, is a decision you can't make. It is made for you. No sense in trying to figure how or why. Just be thankful for it.
 Mojo_LA
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/13/2006 12:00:55 AM
Love is looking forward to the time you spend together AFTER the orgasm.
 DeerGirl
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/14/2006 2:16:42 PM
Great reply ,,thanks for your input.
Most people couldnt or they just ignore the fact of closeness being important.
I belive that things should never be taken for granted as,the second you feel you are the luckiest person alive,,the next second ,," you loose it all!.
thanks for sharing!..
 parallax
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2006 7:45:04 PM
To me, the “can’t eat, can’t sleep type” of feeling is either infatuation, or indigestion. The feeling will wash away over time.

Real love is the feeling of joy that is felt when you look at your SO through 85 year old eyes, and you still see the shining person that you were first attracted to 50 years previously.
 Bassguy31
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:35:09 PM
What can I say, LOVE, what is that--Its a feeling and a good one. The best part about it, its that you know someone else in the world feel the same way about you as you do them. Thats special. Not everyone will experience that, in a life time, so take advantage of it, and don't let that special person get away....xoxo
 PixelJockey
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:40:37 PM
I always thought it was that urge to get out of bed at midnight just to step outside, have a ciggy, and grin like an idiot into the night; the whole time replaying the thought that she just told you earlier in the day that she loves you.
 ModelingAgent
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2006 8:44:07 PM
I can't define " Real love! " because real love transcends everything that some consider rational. It defies definition by its very nature. But it also defines who we are when we are love. We act in ways we normally wouldn't and find comfort we never knew alone in simlpy being with the person we love. Some one here said it kind of feels like home. Well put in oh so many ways. Don't htey say something about home is where the heart is? Can this apply to being in love as well and the comfort and that secure feeling real loves brings to us? All I know is that when I have been in love I feel whole. And when I see that returned simply by seeing it when I look into her eyes my heart skips a beat. I know I am in love, and she with me when we can hold one another and honestly we feel safe and secure in one anothers arms.

Happy Valentines Day All!
John
 pnayplayr
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/14/2006 9:24:25 PM
MY definition of love...

i made it in thoughts of some1 =)

love is...

...NOT staying up all night thinking about him,
RATHER, having a good night sleep dreaming of him.

...NOT getting antsy not hearing his voice,
RATHER, anticipates about the next visit/phonecall.

...NOT loosing focus of work,
RATHER, inspired to go beyond the expectation.

...NOT changing for him,
RATHER, learning more about ones self and growing because of him.

...NOT constantly having him in your mind,
RATHER, know in your heart that he's always by your side.

...NOT missing him,
RATHER, smiling, for he had never your soul to begin with.

...NOT only developed through constant communication,
RATHER, feeling and hearing the unsaid words.

...NOT forgetting the big events,
RATHER, remembering the lil detail information on him as well.

...NOT being able to comprimise,
RATHER, understanding each other's needs.

...NOT telling him anything and everything you feel,
RATHER, sharing anything and everything with him.

...NOT making him the center of your life,
RATHER, having a balanced life with him.

...NOT holding unto him,
RATHER, holding hands with him.

...NOT accepting him for who he is,
RATHER, loving him because its him.
 blindheart1
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/14/2006 9:57:57 PM
Plain and Simple

LOVE is Unconditional Without Any Exceptions!!
In spite of......
In addition to......
Regardless of.....
 ladypagey
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 2/14/2006 11:04:50 PM
real love is being able to see past any barriers the person is putting up and accepting the real person behind the barrier. Real love sees a gem within a imperfect person and loves anyway, real love sees beauty regardless of age, weight, height, income or car, real ove is there in sickness and health. In other words ..unconditional...
 DeerGirl
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/15/2006 8:21:56 AM
Thanks for replies,what a Amazing thought you all have shared.
I believe in wholeness as being part of body,mind,and soul.
love is a beautiful thing to be able to experiance and some people wait thier whole life to feel it",though others never find it.

Imagine you are on a beach,with the one you love so dearly and completly.
you aren't able to speak to her /or him as your a mute, you cant see her/ or him as you are also blind.Now only through touch,,with part of her/or him should you touch with your hands to feel the emotion together you are both experiancing???..

My awsner to that would be the Face",,as it speaks and sees though not through sight or voice,but "Its,though expressing the emotion of either tears,smiles,laughter,sadness,,through the face we feel it inside and thats where it comes from first!!...

vanilla-kisses
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/15/2006 5:02:57 PM
To Love And Be Loved Is To Feel The Sun From Both Sides!
 *belle*
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/17/2006 6:27:29 AM
Loving someone is:
when they are the first thing you think of when you open your eyes
the last thing you think of before you close them
(sometimes they sneak in your dreams lol)

it's feeling weird flutterflies (yes flutterflies) when you think about them

for me it's the way they say "mmm" after a kiss, how they look at you like you're a goddess,

you get shivers all over when they touch you

now i've never been in love, but this is totally what i want lol
 HatTrickChick
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:06:07 AM
Love comes in so many ways, and unless you've really been in love before, I guess you can't really know. I was told for everyone love feels different. Some have the can't eat can't sleep reach for the stars world series type thing (hee hee), major butterflies whenever you're around or even just talkin' to them. I think once you have spoken to them in a say 4 days and you really want to know what up an all of a sudden they call and tell you their okay.

I think maybe I have been "in luv" not real Love however with that said. It's a crazy feeling, and sometimes can be way scary. I don't really know If I've actually been in love or if it was my mind tellin' me I was in love because I really cared for them.

1 thing i do know is that if you love someone a person wouldn't be thinking about other people. My cousin did that she claimed to be in love with one person yet would think about another guy. Not cool.... so if you're in love with person R and Think about person W its not love... or so I've been told.

Ok now i'll shudap

That's my two cents
 forums1
Msg: 24
Posted: 5/26/2009 9:41:27 PM
I've found its usually a good idea, even when in love, to eat and sleep (although, preferably sleeping next to her ). Bad things like starvation, job loss, and death can happen if you don't eat and sleep.
 miss_contemplative
Msg: 25
view profile
History
THIS IS LOVE
Posted: 5/26/2009 9:45:01 PM
Real love to me? Romantic love?

I see it as an informed decision...a well informed one.
It is the state of sharing that happens between two persons who have considered each other respectfully and with great care, who have esteemed each other despite their flaws. Who bolster each other's progress and cheer at each other's victories...

True love to me is a decision, a resolve that I make. It is a commitment I make to someone who has demonstrated their worth by virtue of loving themselves and having the ability to show me that they aren't afraid to be great, or less than perfect. Humble, fallible, real, genuine, authentic...to me this is someone who loves themselves.

When you consider the care they take for you, in all the little things and the big things they are there for...the things they put up with and tolerate for your sake and their own...when you consider this, you are inspired by their devotion to you as their favorite person...someone they can love and sometimes hate but always respect.

It's sharing it all, no holds barred...secrets...fears...bragging on them because you know how great they are and could care less if anyone else agrees...you have a hard time to imagine life in their absence....so much value do they add to you and to your life.

There is so much more but to me, that is true romantic love.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > What is real love??. its cant eat cant sleep type feeling right??