Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > My bf gave me nothing for Valentine's day or birthday      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 1
My bf gave me nothing for Valentine's day or birthdayPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
My boyfriend of 2 yrs. gave me nothing for my birthday in January and nothing for Valentine's day. Last year he gave me flowers and cards...and this year nada! Is this a sign?
 Nada
Msg: 2
My bf gave me nothing for Valentine's day or birthday
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:29:19 PM
blue - I hope this is a rhetorical question.
 niceguygeoff
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:31:35 PM
idk, did u tell him u didnt want anything?
 ZeXy
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:43:19 PM
Everyday, we be burnin not concernin what nobody wanna say.
We be earnin dollars turning cau we mind deh pon we pay.
Some got gold and oil and diamonds, All we got is Mary J.
Legalize it, time to recognize it.
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:43:29 PM
I hinted to him about flowers, etc....
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/17/2006 8:44:32 PM
...not about Mary J.
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:00:04 PM

My boyfriend of 2 yrs. gave me nothing for my birthday in January and nothing for Valentine's day. Last year he gave me flowers and cards...and this year nada! Is this a sign?

Yeah, it's a sign that he's an idiot. I'm serious.

I'd lay a big guilt trip on him were I you. Act all p*ssy around him. Let him figure out what's wrong.
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:01:27 PM
Maybe it was a rhetorical question but I still wouldn't mind someone else's opinion.
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:04:41 PM
warrior:

No, I think he's just an a**hole. I told him I went and bought my own chocolates and flowers and my nephew sent me a card...I don't think he really gives a darn. We have deeper issues than this and I think I will change my status to single very soon...
 thegreatrockyhill
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/17/2006 9:09:38 PM
Yeah, blue eyes, I think you need to dump him. Drop him like a bad habit. Get creative.
 miliber1
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:10:56 PM
I can't see a guy missing those two days and still being in the relationship even if you are fighting at the time. There would be something even if his gift was something you found odd. Only other thing I can think of is you had an agreement about not getting each other something, then he should have spent the time with you or if he could not because of his child at least made a raincheck night. Just my thoughts
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:20:02 PM
We did spend the day together (valentine's) but he acted like it was any other day. We weren't together on my birthday.

Get this: He lied and said he had to work on Christmas of 2004 and actually spent the night at his ex's (and daughter's)house. I found that out myself.

Yeah, I know you ask "So why are u still with him?"

That's what happens with dumbstruck love. I think I'm finally getting over it.
 rose44
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:24:33 PM
Thats cold. I would move on.
 CHARLIESFAVANGEL
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:34:30 PM
As it is hurtful to listen to what I am gonna said..Yes, he is not into you. Men are like women. Just put yourself in his shoes, if you are into her, would you want to be there for her esp. on valentine and buy her little gifts that will make her happy and if you are not interested in her, you don't even care to please her. If a woman can go all the way to please a man, he better appreciate it and make an effort to do that. If he doesn't move on to the next fish. Don't make excuses for men when they act like jerks. Don't rely on men to make us happy. Happiness comes from within ourselves. If we have doubt on our relationship, move on. Don't waste your time on him, honey. He is just not into you. I have men who are in love with me and I have men who don't. I can tell the different. I don't care much for men who are not. I don't allow them to emotionally and physically harm me. They don't deserve me to cry for them. I am grateful that I get rid of them as soon as possible. Never allow men to manipulate you. If you are in a happy relationship, you will know it. He wants to spend every moment with you. He will always be there for you. He will wants to make you happy. He will overlook your flaw. He will open his world and wants to share it with you and not try to hide it from you. You will never have doubt. I will never let any men ruin my life and make me unhappy.
Be happy and strong for yourself and don't rely on him to make you happy.
 SweetGreenEyes
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:38:37 PM

Hey, welcome to Singles Awareness Day...may I offer you a tissue?
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:43:51 PM
I read that book 'He's just not that into you' and he fit most of the descriptions: not answering the phone, etc.

I think I have become stronger now and next time won't get so emotionally involved with someone because they just take advantage of it. I think I'm better off being single for now.

I asked him if we could be friends and for him it's either partners or nothing because he doesn't want to here about me meeting someone else.
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/17/2006 10:45:57 PM
to greeneyes:

no kidding...I might as well say i'm single.
 CHARLIESFAVANGEL
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:00:01 PM
Let me tell you a story of someone I know. She met a LOSER who used her. He was never there for her on her birthday and valentine. She continued to buy him expensive gifts for no reasons and also on special occasions. He never bought any nice things for her. If he did, he would used the buy one, get one free coupon to buy MacDonald meal for her birthday or valentine. Whevever he went to the city, he would visit her on weekends to get free shelther from her cause he lived out of town and also free sex. He stole from her. When she went for vacation, he stole her car and crashed it. Then she had to report to the car insurance company to claim the money. She didn't want to believe it was him who did it. When she got the car insurance money, he wanted half of it. She continued pleasing him cause she couldn't live without him. He raped her and nearly killed her. She still went back to him. In order for me to save her, I introduce her a nice goodlooking man who is my friend. Sadly, i learned that some women are not strong like me. They can't live without men. They feel ncomplete without men in their life. They need another men to replace the one they are going to lose. Why do some women need to rely on men to make them happy? Happiness comes from within. Women have to take pride in themselves, love themselves and have self-respect for themselves. Don't be vulnerable to losers, please. They don't deserve our heart breaks and our tears.
 CHARLIESFAVANGEL
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:03:00 PM
spelling mistake...I mean some women feel incomplete without men in their life
 SweetGreenEyes
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:04:35 PM

I read that book 'He's just not that into you' and he fit most of the descriptions: not answering the phone, etc.

I read it too. Excellent book!
 torentrap
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:08:14 PM
Well said CHARLIESFAVANGEL
 1inamillion7
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:12:39 PM
If that is all you have to cry about consider yourself blessed.
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:14:18 PM
There are many, many other things that I COULD cry about.
 1inamillion7
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:16:37 PM
Thats the spirit honey

dont take materialism so seriously.
 blueyedangel26
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/17/2006 11:22:28 PM
I am a simple person... I wasn't asking for a diamond ring...just a card or something to acknowledge that he cared like he did before. He is in no way poor. The thing is that he got me something last time no matter how small and nothing at all this time.
Show ALL Forums  > Broken Hearts  > My bf gave me nothing for Valentine's day or birthday