Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 LMAO
Msg: 1
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?Page 1 of 9    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9)
Just wondering is it really possible, to fall in love in 1 week?

Has anyone ever had that happen?

Is it really possible?

Or is it lust, or passion?
 Kiwinut
Msg: 2
Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?
Posted: 2/21/2006 3:41:11 PM
No! It's lust.
 bigmac_42
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/21/2006 3:51:48 PM
If it was internet love, then I call it desperation.

If it was real life then maybe.
 verysweet
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:07:29 PM
Hmm hard one i have a couple set of friends that had known each other for only a couple days or weeks and got married and it has been 10 to 14 years they have been together. Only you can judge those felling but if that is what you think you are feeling just try to slow it down. I think that sometimes it is just hearing what you have always wanted someone to say that makes it feel like "love".
 irish_fellow
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:15:39 PM
I believe so.

This isn't my story, nor a friend's but a bosses. He told me that when he was young, and engaged for three years to a lovel woman, he dropped her off at the airport as she was flying to Europe for a two week vacation.

On leaving the airport, she noticed a young woman with several packages, and politely offered to help her. She had gotten lost trying to find the cabs. He offered to drive her home.

Two weeks later he had to pick up his fiance and explain to her that in her two week absence he had met and married another woman.

His marriage was more than 25 years old and still going when he told the story.
 NotIntoGames
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:19:41 PM
I agree with kiwinut , it is just lust!!! It is not possible to fall in love in such a short amount of time.
 sweetgirl29
Msg: 7
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:20:01 PM
Anything is possible. Sometimes you can't help what you feel, for whom, and how quickly you feel it. Strange things can happen when you least expect it...
 seadaisy
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:23:01 PM
love works in mysterious ways... you can't stop cupid from shooting his arrow! but i agree with what others have said- if it's only over the internet, that "love" word needs to be re-thought...
 38Nascar
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:23:30 PM
a minute, an hour, a day, a week....doesn't matter...if it's right, it will last
 zentral
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:27:56 PM
Yeah, I did, and still am 6 years later. Met online, met a few weeks later, and only took a week or so to fall in love.
 LMAO
Msg: 11
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:33:24 PM
we met online, but barely spoke online at all,
was when we met,
since then ,has been very overwhelming of feelings
for BOTH sides
he admitted he has fallin in love, and can't fight it
this has never happened to me before, these feelings so quickly

I just wondered if it is really possible

Is obvious it has, thank you to those whom have replied in kind ways, and to everyone whom gave thier opinions,

Just had to ask, thought I maybe living a dream world
 genngi
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:35:11 PM
Fallen in love at first sight, but didn't realize it or admit it for months!

Irish Fellow-- I love your story! Thanks!
 annieocean
Msg: 13
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:44:24 PM
i believe in love and at one time felt it was possible to be in love in minutes..was it lust/infaturation?most likely a strong like for that person and at this point..im sure in one week you can have the start of a beautifull romance..enjoy it and go with the flow...smiles
 bluerun
Msg: 14
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:46:10 PM
What about someone saying that they love you. But they still live with their ex?
 Quest
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:51:21 PM
If one feels that it’s for real and that falling in love at first sight is true, then it’s true to that person. But how many of you feel that you can’t fall in love in a flash. As I was reading I seen that a couple of you don’t believe a word of it. Now can I ask why? Too many bad experiences, or is it. Just a belief that you have. It comes down to the old saying that is there someone for everyone out there? Absolutely not I feel. When it come down to it you can’t ask a question like (Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?) only you can answer that. It’s what you believe. In my opinion.
 lexus430
Msg: 16
Posted: 2/21/2006 4:58:24 PM
i started to love someone almost immediatly, passion, lust, maybe a little obssesion, on both sides but we never fell in love, just really like each other alot maybe not today though haha off days you know
 oregon dcat
Msg: 17
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:18:12 PM
ABSOLUTLEY YES,THEN YOU GET TO KNOW THEM BETTER!!!
 LMAO
Msg: 18
Posted: 2/21/2006 5:32:15 PM
Wow, is great to know that there is still people that are not afraid.

thanks,once again, sometimes we al tend to over analyze things when it happens , afraid of being hurt once again, but we never know unless we give it our full

I wil give this my full effort as it deserves as I see he is as well.
 wkdwch
Msg: 19
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:11:21 PM
it is possible i think, but be cautious cause you may get your heart broken.

i fell hard for someone in a very short time.

as things progressed my feelings got stronger and stronger. every day i thought to myself i want to be with this person. i like every thing about them. we chatted and talked on the phone for hours and i just couldn't wait to see them again. it felt like we were best friends. i was very happy this person was part of my life. i was dreaming and couldn't get them out of my mind. they felt the same for me and liked being with me and my feelings were being reciprocated. it was better than life it self. thoughts of forever quickly found their way into my heart and mind for this person.

after a bit more time passed, in our conversations some things came out about something that happened in my past. that is when this person made a perception of me and what i represented. it wasn't good and thats when things went down hill. i tried to explain and sought understanding but they never changed after that. things stalled between us and distance set in. we kept communicating and seeing each other. still enjoyed the benifits of a strong lasting relationship, but something wasn't right.

this person became more distant every time we made contact. i did all i could to try and make them believe and understand that i wasn't the way they thought i was and percieved me to be. it became so hard on me, i struggled to keep them interested and attracted to me and begged them not to judge me so harshly and the most important thing to me was them
giving me the chance to show them and make then believe i wasn't this awful person they thought i was. they began to question everything about me, a trust and security that we had shared was vanishing quickly. my feelings for them could not help and save what we had together.

one day they said i cannot see myself being with somone like you. i have been down this road before and i'm not going to do it again with you. basically they told me they were to good for me and OMG my heart fell on the floor.

i tried to contact them a couple days later and when i did i was confronted by someone else claiming to be someone special to whom i was in love with and dying over losing. this third person told me to f*** **f that they were getting back together.

oh the irony, to fall in love with someone to find out this person has no intention of being with you. this is why no one wants to be played by players on here. cause hearts get broken.

maybe the only way to know for sure if its love that you feel in any amount of time, is to have your heart broke. if your heart gets broken its love that you felt. and you were right about your feelings all along that yes you did fall in love before your heart was broken.

people say love is blind, i believe so.

is it possible to fall in love in one week? yes, but ask your self this, is it possble to have your heart broken the very next week?

be wary of the players and user's and those who are the spooner's who swim around in the mercy waters of this pond.
 DreamLover19
Msg: 20
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:13:17 PM
I was already inlove that one took a few weeks, her personality n everything, really loved her heaps, then couldnt see her again... about a month after had that thing they call "love at first site" with another person. you people are talking about 1 week, im talking about 1 second. i dont know what word you would use to name it. but it was the strongest, most painful emotions i ever had and i needed her to be mine. been over 5 years now and not over her, i cant get over her. and it wasnt sex so not lust. god must have been f*king with my mind n feelings, so yes i believe it is possible to fall in love in 1 week, or instantly with god being involved. if you dont beleive in god then you can come up with ur own stupid explanation with matter n energry whatever u like.
 Sienna_leigh
Msg: 21
Posted: 2/21/2006 7:52:04 PM
Too many people mistake infatuation and that giddy nervous-energy/excited feeling for love. True love comes from really knowing someone - the good, the bad, the ugly, the flaws, seeing how they handle themself in tough situations, seeing how they treat others (from the waitress to their family) - it comes from a deep respect that grows. These things can't be discovered in a week, no matter what anyone says. Those who believe in love at first sight or who fell in love quickly and have been together for years - I say it's just "luck" that they DID end up sticking around long enough for true, real love to develop.

And falling in love with someone you've met online - and have only communicated w/ through chat, emails phone conversations - that's wishful thinking and living in la-la-land. You can't possibly know enough about someone from just the nice, fun conversations - that's not really "real life" in most ways. It's easy to be nice and sweet and cute and thoughtful and say the right things when you're on a computer or the phone - the real test of one's feelings for someone is seeing them at their worst, in real life situations, spending a lot of quality time together and genuinely accepting them totally, warts and all. Too many people out there are in love with the idea of being in love.
 the horned one
Msg: 22
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:03:00 PM
yes if you met your soulmate. imao
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 23
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:16:56 PM
I have known people to meet and marry within a week on the internet
I have heard of a few in real life but only on the internet have I actually met
people to hook up so fast.
 mustanghazy
Msg: 24
Posted: 2/21/2006 8:37:29 PM
Irish!! that is one of the best stories I have ever heard--it is up there with some of the best plots in chick flicks--affair to remember--etc., it deserves to be a movie on its own merit...
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 25
Posted: 2/21/2006 9:10:32 PM
As crazy as it may sound,I fell in love with my ex the minute I laid eyes on him.
When he walked out of the room,I told my aunt "I'm going to marry that man!"
6 months later,we were married.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating and Love Advice  > Is it possible to fall in love, in 1 week?