Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Since Man Was Created First, Why Did God Give Man Nipples?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 tim49250
Msg: 1
Since Man Was Created First, Why Did God Give Man Nipples?Page 1 of 5    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5)
Since Man Was Created First, Why Did God Give Man Nipples?

Perhaps Adam gave birth and nursed his young before Eve’s arrival ? Does anyone have a clue about this?

Science claims to have a simple answer for this age old mystery through it's study of DNA. Some of the guys and gals reading this probably studied DNA sufficiently in school to reason out sciences answer. I invite the biologist among us to give it a try too.

It would be nice to hear an answer from both sides. I have been told by some that the Bible is “Man’s Owners Manual”. Surely there are some Bible following Christian brothers and sisters of mine who know a verse or two that, at least, somewhat addresses this rather obvious question.
 marol
Msg: 2
Posted: 2/28/2006 1:45:43 AM
it was in learning, since woman was the last creation it had to be perfect
 queensnapper
Msg: 3
Posted: 2/28/2006 3:27:06 AM
So we could tell the front from the back ? Sorry, its the only reason that I could come up with. Its still early
 Bewitched_
Msg: 4
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:02:43 AM
Pleasure stimulation?
 marol
Msg: 5
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:08:17 AM
are u implying that the creator was stimulated by his creation pleasurably?
 Bewitched_
Msg: 6
Posted: 2/28/2006 7:11:36 AM
Yes I think he was.

Also, human males are not the only ones to have nipples. Every species of mammals has them. I think they serve as a connection to the male/female aspects of God. Adam and Eve had no navel because they were not from the womb, however we have navels today as a symbol, a leftover of the link between us and our mother birth. Perhaps the nipple on the male is the same, a symbol of the birth from our God. It says in the bible that every part on the human body has a purpose.
 statueman
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2006 8:04:45 AM
Oneness.

Some children are born into the world with both genetals and apparently some can be made one or the other early on. I think its called ambiguious genitalia... anyway...

The first woman was made from man but now all man come from woman. We see ourselves as being different from one another but i think the Lord doesn't really want us too.

While the following scriptures don't directly address the issue of "why men have nipples" they satisfy me as to why men and women are one in the same. And i do believe as one poster said that men have nipples for pleasure centers and i thinkk it is interesting to note that male and female as children are the same in that area.

Galatians 3:26-28
You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Jesus replied, "You are in error because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. At the resurrection people will neither marry nor be given in marriage; they will be like the angels in heaven."(Matthew 22:29-30)

John 1:10-13
He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

I think it is safe to assume that being like the angels denotes no genitals. Well that's my theory and i'm stiking to it. I would also note that I think God gave man nipples because we'd like them. I know i like mine...
 tim49250
Msg: 8
Posted: 2/28/2006 8:08:41 AM
According to biology, the only organ with the sole purpose of pleasure is clitoris. However Bewitched Soul, you are making a very good case for the male nipples, they are a fun place to have "guest stop by", from time to time, for me at least.

Bewitched Soul do you have a scripture reference for this statement?

It says in the bible that every part on the human body has a purpose.
 Bewitched_
Msg: 9
Posted: 2/28/2006 8:22:08 AM
Although it doesnt say it in those particular words, I think it is made clear that there is a purpose to every body part..

(1 Corinthians 12:14-20)
For the body is not one member but many. If the foot should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body. And if the ear should say, "Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body," it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be? But now God has placed the members, each one of them, in the body, just as He desired. And if they were all one member, where would the body be? But now there are many members, but one body.
 tim49250
Msg: 10
Posted: 2/28/2006 8:32:07 AM
Thanks for your input Statueman, I looked up Matthew 22:29-30 for further information on the context and is seems that it was referring to someone asking Jesus who's wife a woman would be, in heaven, since she had several husbands who died.

Statueman, I think you have made some good comments but surly there is someone who knows a scripture or two specifically addressing "male nipples".

Does science have all the answers concerning this part of the human anatomy? How about other religions or even Mythology?

Matthew 22 (King James Version)

28Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
29Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
30For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
 Irishgent00
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:16:20 AM
Tim4925,

While I do not claim to be an expert on the male nipples, I think I have some thoughts to share.

One poster mentioned the rare and difficult circumstance of a person being born with ambiguous genitalia. It is my understanding that this is caused by a disruption in the process that develops fetal tissue into male or female genitalia and results in the uncertainty of whether or not the baby is male or female, not necessarily that the baby has both male and female genitals.

As for nipples, it seems nobody knows for sure. One theory I've read about is that nipples are in fact a non-sex related characteristic. It suggests that babies are born with very similar nipples(structurally speaking) and that the changes don't occus until puberty when a young woman's mammory glands develop in such a way as to allow them to nurse after giving birth. Male nipples undergo no such change because there is no need for it, so they remain as they always were.

Perhaps from an evolutionary standpoint one could suggest that nipples are a source of pleasure that helps increase sexual arousal. The higher the sexual arousal, the more likely one was to actively procreate. The more procreation one did, the more offspring carried its genes for nipples(or at least more sensitive nipples) into the next generation. Thus after thousands of years, you'd have a race mostly composed of people, male and female, with nipples that are sensitive and cause sexual arousal.

Just some thoughts.

Take Care,
Irish
 tim49250
Msg: 12
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:44:45 AM
Irishgent, interesting discussion on the topic but biologists make no claim that male nipples are for simply for pleasure. They say that the Clitoris is the only organ designed for that one purpose.

However you do bring up some interesting points about the formulation of the genitals during fetal development. Does anyone else know more information about the beginning development of the human sexual organs, from the biological (scientific) perspective?
 Irishgent00
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2006 9:51:57 AM
Tim4925,

I think you misread what I was saying. I was not suggesting that they formed strictly for pleasure, but that the side-effect of them being points of pleasure is what caused them to be a desirable trait evolutionarily speaking. Biologists make no claim one way or another because they haven't a clue as far as I've read.

Take Care,
Irish
 ashley1861
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 2/28/2006 11:57:48 AM
Well, the human body is much like a computer. Well equiped should anything arise...
My computer has many ports; I just don't use them all.

Other than that, I would say that God has a sense of humor - at least when you are people watching, wouldn't you say so??
 tim49250
Msg: 15
Posted: 2/28/2006 2:53:57 PM
IrIrishgent see the last paragraph at this site for scientific data on male nipples. Or you could do a quick search on "Goog" for "Male Nipples, X chromosome"

http://www.ratlab.co.uk/nipples.htm

Here is my best effort to recall the science television show I watched a little while back.

As some may know, the real difference between man and woman, from a scientific perspective, is simply higher levels of testosterone introduced to the female body. This is scientific fact quoted from a science show recently, "we know men and women to be the same creature because men and women share nipples, not because nature goofed up a little".

This is the best I can do to quote from a science program that explained some of the most recent scientific understanding pertaining to the biological differences between men and women. "The only difference between a woman becoming a man or remaining a woman is simply the initial surge of testosterone occurring around the 8th week of fetal development. This surge is caused by the addition of the Y chromosome to the X chromosome. The Y chromosome is many times smaller than the X chromosome. The X chromosomes default gender is female. In addition to size, it is important to note that the X chromosome is the only chromosome that contains all the necessary genetic code for human life.

The Y chromosome has some specific code, which helps determine things like body type, health, habits, hair and eye color but simply has not got the necessary genetic code for human development. "The Y chromosome’s greatest purpose is inducing the testosterone surge around the 8th week of fetal development. Introducing testosterone into the female human body at this stage of development triggers the continued manufacturing of testosterone which triggers and maintains many male functions causing the differences we know as male and female". This is also evident when we simply adjust a man or woman's hormonal levels. We see some major physical and emotional changes in the person mind and body.
 lady-fair
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/1/2006 9:40:48 AM
In the words of my mother "It is so they could be pierced"
 Ninki
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/1/2006 12:23:54 PM
Irishgent, males have nipples because all embryos start out as female in the womb, and only differentiate at the end of the sixth (in humans) week of gestation when the Y chromosome kicks in. If that Y chromosome for some reason does not activate, the embryo will turn into a girl by default. Yes, the female is the basic, default gender. Looks like maleness was sort of an afterthought.

Ninki
 Irishgent00
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/2/2006 6:46:58 AM
Ninki,

Thank you. Can you give me a website or something? Not that I doubt you, I'd just like to read up more on why I have nipples!

Thanks again for clearing this up.

Take Care,
Irish
 nasajack2003
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/2/2006 12:50:20 PM
Long story short version...during conception and the first few weeks the fetus has nipples...with the sex of the fetus yet unknown. Not until that cute little X thingy kicks in, are we to know if that newborn will have boobage later on in life. Either way, the nipply thing we all have and born with, remains with us. Enjoy the nipple...no matter who's it attached to!

~prizm~
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/2/2006 1:12:05 PM
Because they are fun!
 Moreno1982
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/3/2006 7:46:02 AM
I have small nipples.......ones you can BARELY see........are they still considered to be nipples? Am I less special in God's eye??

What about people with third nipples??? are they more special in Gods eye??
 Garf
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/3/2006 2:16:31 PM
Scientific fact: The man does indeed have the ability to produce lactose if the nipples are exercised properly.

This is rudimentary survival instinct that god gave us in the beginning.
Proof we haven't evolved: Men still have the stupid things.

They're also used for sexual arousal.
 Irishgent00
Msg: 23
view profile
History
Posted: 3/3/2006 9:37:32 PM
Garf,

Can you tell me your source? I've never heard that. That's something I never expected to hear, men lactating.

Take Care,
Irish
 nasajack2003
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/4/2006 12:39:49 AM
I don't think I wanna know if dudes can lactate.

What happens if the gay community finds out about this? Bad enough seeing hand holding, what's next? Nipple suck as we stroll down 5th Avenue? Besides, don't we already have something thats kinda nice that can be sucked just fine without adding two more??

Oh sure, go ahead, make fun of it. I can see it now...I'll never run out of milk for my cereal!! Or, "honey, I need for milk for this recipe, can you go get some at the store?..."Thats ok dear, I'll just pinch what you need right here, love"!

And what on earth will ever happen to the term 'Milk Man"? How can you even think about destroying someone's perception of that?

Food fights at school, at work, in the home, at the frat house...will take on a whole meaning...guys breast and nipple fighting too! God no...where does it end??

Next thing you know we'll start attending Tupperware parties comparing cute little storage containers. Insisting that Victoria's Secret start carrying man bras. Separate sections for us in the airports. We'll start our own 24 hour Biology Channel. We'll quit going to NASCAR and tractor pulls.

Lets end this thread immediately before the outside world and CNN finds out what we're doing here!!

Lord Dave
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/4/2006 6:39:40 AM
ninki and nasa are right. Females are the default. Now you can really take this both ways.

On one hand you could argue that because females are the default, they must have been made first (ie. Eve then Adam). However you could also argue that since males have one of each chromosome and females have two of the same, Adam was made first and Eve was simply a copy without the Y.

I chose to argue in favor of the Eve first. Why? Because if I was a supreme being and I wanted to start a species, I wouldn't make a male and leave it at that. Think about it: What's the point of only making one if the whole universe was made for that species? Now Asexual reproduction is a very common thing in the world and is practiced by most if not all plants and bacteria. So it stands to reason that if I made a perfect creature (human) I'd want that perfect to stay perfect so I'd want it to reproduce Asexually. (ie you ovulate and the egg grows inside without any other outside source). Thus a female exactly like the mother would come out in 9 months.

Now here's something else that people seem to overlook: If God created Man first then woman as an after thought, what about the animals? Did god make both male and female versions of the animals on the first try or did he make the female version when Adam asked for one himself?
Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Since Man Was Created First, Why Did God Give Man Nipples?