Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do guys really mean it when they say I love you?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Karabear
Msg: 1
view profile
History
Do guys really mean it when they say I love you?Page 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I was curious about this, when a guy tells a girl that he loves her say more than one time and it wasn't after sex or anything like that does he really mean it? Or is he just saying that to make sure he gets what he wants until he is done with her?
 studioguy80
Msg: 2
Do guys really mean it when they say I love you?
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:26:46 AM
This is the kinda question that is impossible to answer accurately without knowing the person in question.
 Karabear
Msg: 3
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:28:37 AM
Well, what if the guy was you? What would you say?
 studioguy80
Msg: 4
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:32:44 AM
I think we're all guilty of saying things we don't mean at some point.

Have I told a girl that I loved her and didn't truly mean it? Sure, but it was only because I didn't know what love really was. I did like her a lot though and I did have feelings for her.

I've never told a girl that I loved her just to get in her pants or anything though. I'm not like that at all.
 boredcountryboy
Msg: 5
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:34:32 AM
like studioguy said this is an impossible one to answer... even if considering myself to be the guy... there is just too many variables. that said......

i dont really actually use the words "I love you" in the sense i think you mean here all too often. i have it mixed up in my everyday language like... "i love that car", "i loved her in that movie", "gotta love you man", etc..... so when i actually want to tell someone that i Love them its usually more like "i just wanted to tell you that you mean the world to me" But that's just me.
 Karabear
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:35:06 AM
Good for you, for not doing that. I haven't really met a guy who does that either I was just curious as to see what people would say.
 Karabear
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:36:51 AM
Well isn't that a sweet thing to say. I understand what you are saying.
 Shattered
Msg: 8
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:44:51 AM
normally if i tell a person I LOVE THEM I am always being sincere, theres areas you do not joke about and i think thats one of them
 SPANKIE
Msg: 9
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:48:57 AM
Sometimes thats true. But without knowing the situation no way of telling....all people are like that though from time to time....say anything to get what they want...
 squeak365
Msg: 10
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:49:37 AM
Love is a many splintered thing...

all kinds of love....all kinds of saying I love you...all kinds of reasons to say it...

Squeak
 indigo rose
Msg: 11
Posted: 1/28/2005 12:01:42 PM
bcb I have a beautiful daughter !..need to get you in the family !
 boredcountryboy
Msg: 12
Posted: 1/28/2005 12:13:19 PM

bcb I have a beautiful daughter !..need to get you in the family !

you sure you'd let a scandinavian boy mix with that italian?
 Karabear
Msg: 13
view profile
History
 HonestyRules
Msg: 14
Posted: 1/28/2005 2:24:52 PM
Guy's do mean it when they say they love you, because if you look up the definition of love it is sometimes construed as something more than what is really means.
I played tennis a couple times and the score was love for me which meant I had zero. (guess I wasn't loved much in that game).
Love really has many meanings but they are usually blown out of proportion.
 Karabear
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2005 2:30:53 PM
But don't guys in the heat of the moment say I love you to the girl and then end up not meaning it in the long run?
 boredcountryboy
Msg: 16
Posted: 1/28/2005 2:36:44 PM

But don't guys in the heat of the moment say I love you to the girl and then end up not meaning it in the long run?

the heat of the moment can be a blinding and confusing thing sometimes... but a person can say something today and absolutely mean it with all their soul yet a week from now not. people change, things change, situations change, etc. Anything a person says has an expiration date... if not renewed regularly dont count on it having the same quality of meaning as it originally did.
 jimi77
Msg: 17
Posted: 1/28/2005 3:41:06 PM
i think there are two kinds of i love you's for guys.. one for like friends and one for lovers.. I will say i luv ya to family and friends.. but i hold off untill i mean it with some one i date..
i think if i use the luv ya, it for i like ya a lot and being with you.

ok, i sound just like a women.. ^^^ did that make any sence at all?
 tantric37
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2005 5:20:27 PM
If I do not get involved and like the lady and feel deeply for her I will never say it, I will say I like you. Your beautiful, all the flirting but when I say I love you boy I must have gone in deep emotional liking and admiring to say it.

Mind you back home and other nations they use the word to mean every thing it looses its essence and meaning.
 robstercraws67
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2005 7:41:33 PM
I have never said it and not meant it.
 nsalne
Msg: 20
Posted: 1/28/2005 7:54:54 PM
i never tell lies, but I make my own truth sometimes.

I had a female friend who I care very much for. She lives in a different country and when we are together we are intimate (should I be writing this on a dating site?). Anyway, something bad happened to her and she was telling it to me. I told her that I loved her and cared for her and tried to be a good shoulder. I think it was a little premature to think of that word in a romantic sense. But I do love her as a person and it was something she needed to hear. (IMO). -E
 dancingmermaid
Msg: 21
Posted: 1/28/2005 9:46:42 PM
That does make alot of sense. I've had this guy from Canada corresponding and calling me just about every night. He keeps saying he loves me, but he can't say what it is about me that he loves... except that he wants me to fly, at my own expense up to Canada for an extended romp in the hay, after which he's sure I'll want to marry him, lol. Sometimes when you love someone, you just have to let them go.... hmmm, think that's what I'll do with him.
 Lady Sherlock
Msg: 22
Posted: 1/28/2005 10:32:33 PM
Good for you CountryBoy. Far to many 'people' say "I Love You" when they aren't sure what it means. And I like how you said "love my car....etc" We use the word love in anything and everything we have.

"You mean the World to Me" is a wonderful way of expressing your feelings.

Sherlock
 CROSSFADE
Msg: 23
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:18:54 PM
When you say "guys" I assume you mean every single individual on the planet above the age of 18 that currently has a penis?

Well I cant speak for all those other cats... but when I say it... I mean it with every fiber I have inside of me!
 Byrd
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 1/28/2005 11:21:54 PM
I also mean it...when I say it..
 DivaChic68
Msg: 25
Posted: 1/29/2005 1:05:04 AM
Well let's put it this way ok, there are guys who are really expressive, in a way that that 3 letter word is being said often - some of them says I love you while in bed - which is the best place to express it... (women hate this though) but those guys who - in a spur of the moment, say just by looking at you, while both of you are out, say in the market and blurted "I love you" they do mean it when they say it!

so girls, dont ever believe those guys who says i love you in bed, after making love, or the worst part is when you ask them "Do you love me ? and they reply " I do love you! ...
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Do guys really mean it when they say I love you?