Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Seeing your ex with someone new      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Carol27
Msg: 1
Seeing your ex with someone newPage 1 of 4    (1, 2, 3, 4)
I sure hope this hasn't been done...I did do a thread search...so don't chop my head off if it has been done before.

Anyway, how did you feel when you seen your ex with someone else for the first time?

I was just wondering this because yesterday was the first time I have seen my ex-husband with someone else. Honestly, I really thought (even though I despise my ex husband) that I would be kind of freaked out over it....but I wasn't. I don't know if it has been long enough that I just really don't give a damn or what.

Just curious about how others handled it.
 Dovescry
Msg: 2
Seeing your ex with someone new
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:18:46 AM
My ex remarried and it didn't bother me at all. In fact I bought them a wedding gift :)
 carrie bradshaw
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:24:48 AM
two of my ex's got married and it didn't bother me. For me, when something is over, its over. I move on. If I am hurt I take the time to deal with this before I move on though. My ex's with someone new doesn't bother me. Am I a freak?
 Gone Again
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:25:32 AM
My ex has been with his current girlfriend for about 9 months now. I haven't yet seen them together, my kids have met her and "she's okay". And I don't mind in the slightest. But my children are nearly adult. She is never going to take my place. I have a friend who split with her husband when her children were tiny. And he met his new partner and married her whilst the children were young enough to have 2 mums. And that is what hurt her. Not the fact that he had a new love, but the fact she felt the new woman was taking over part of her role.

I wish nothing but the best for him.

I will admit to being a bit disgruntled that he has somebody and I don't, but in regards to how I feel about him having a new love - it's good for him.
 Resume101
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:28:35 AM
I don't know about the rest of you but It was a relief for me to see her move on and be happy, how long it lasts who knows but for now it is great.
 brassy brunette
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:29:24 AM
Same as dovescry. Bought them a gift. Wished them well. Its one of those things when you have walked that "journey" with someone and it does not work out; don't mull over it when someone new is there; because they might be walking the same road you did and would you really want to go back, obviously not or it would have worked it self out and the question of someone new would not exist. I have no regrets even if I am single. No hard feelings or hardship caused seeing them. None at all. My heart is clear of him in every single respect. In fact it just seemed like closure.

UM
 7times
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:29:59 AM
It didn't bother me,, I wished him luck and told him to make sure all of the things he really cared about was in storage...lol
 sandra71
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:34:30 AM
LMAO...better her than me! I did my time!
 just_Kats
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:35:08 AM

I don't know about the rest of you but It was a relief for me to see her move on and be happy, how long it lasts who knows but for now it is great.

I'm with you on this, Resume..

I mean I will be happy if it happens, I know I have no reason to, but I still feel guilty about all the mess we both got into... and just knowing he got over this and was able to move on with his life would make me feel really relieved..
 *Tee*
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:37:52 AM
I wish my ex would find somebody, maybe he wouldn't be as miserable...
 ruckus123
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:52:54 AM
I was happy for my ex when she started dating. I fel bad for the poor guy cause he didn't know what he was in for....
 Carol27
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/6/2006 6:54:18 AM
Yeah, I guess if I wasn't with someone new myself, it might have bothered me a bit.

I think what triggered him bringing her with him was last week, when my daughter was talking to him on the phone she was talking about "Joe is going to go swimming with me and mommy." I don't think he appreciates my daughter talking about my boyfriend. I guess he will just have to get over it.
 Magickman
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 7:04:35 AM
It must be different, when there are kids involved, as children change everything.

By and large, after we parted ways, I rarely ever saw any of my former ex-non-wives again.
Most of them, I never saw again.

For the most part, I harbor no animosity toward my exes. Should any or all of them find a new relationship, it is a postive event, that would not diminish my life.

I have have moved on. There is no reason that they should not, as well.
 ladyjane2006
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/6/2006 7:07:34 AM
My ex had an affair with my bestfriend. Once everything was out and it was known that they had been seeing each other for over a year, ( both families had keys to each others homes), I thought i would lose it if I ever saw the two of them together, however I was an Aunite to her little ones as she was to my children, and decided that the children needed to come first, they stayed together for a while even lived together for a few months, we had tea, took the kids to the fair( her and I) and managed to keep a friendship I know it sounds crazy, but even though I was hurt for what happened this girl was an amazing mom and I knew she would treat my children like she treated her own, and i refused to put my kids through hostility on any level. i am happy to say that through everything i still am good friends with her( ok, so maybe not close friends lol) my ex and I are still good friends, he lives here part time, spenf=ds the nights when he is with the boys(no one could light a candle to this man when it comes to his boys) She has since kicked him out(doesn't love him anymore)but I will tell you it did not phase me in the least to see them together, maybe because I knew her so well???????? not sure when he starts dating again, that I will have the same response???????? As for my ex, lol he has a problem answering my phone when a certain someone calls, cant imagine what he would be like if he saw us out together
 thatgirl_next_door
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:25:19 AM
I would LOVE to see him move on with someone who can meet his every need and send him over the moon with happiness!!!
 Summer Teeth
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:29:53 AM
I haven't seen my ex since she left, but I already know what I'd feel. I'd feel sorry for the poor b*stard currently dating her. I might even shoot him just to put him out of his misery. After all, I would simply consider it assisted suicide . . .
 commonsens
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:30:09 AM
Can't say as I never keep touch with EX. Sound a bit selfish, but I give 110% in my relations and make every efforts/sacrifices to make it work...so if it didn't worked what is the point to keep touch? No hard feelings, no bitterness simply out of my hearth, out of my mind, out of my life.
It always depend on WHY and HOW you broke up.

I wish them luck i guess.
 TheOtherWhiteMeat
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:34:13 AM
I think it would be quite amusing. Knowing that it would only be a short while before her personality traits manifested themselves to her new beau, it would be quite humorous comparing notes. Once you get over someone, who they are with is immaterial. All I feel is pity for the poor slob that is with her. But it isn't my business..
 goodguy4uladies
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:36:01 AM
I hope that all my ex's have moved on and it would actually do me good to see them happy. I was just unable to give them what they wanted at those particular times and so, we split, but there was always a feeling of love for them, even after the split, so I'd be happy to see that they are happy or if they are with someone and miserable, than it would be a wake up call that what I offered to them was what they've needed all along and then I'd have them come back to me, so that would be a bonus. Lol.
 good n plenty
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:37:30 AM

I wish my ex would find somebody, maybe he wouldn't be as miserable..

Tee , some people are not happy unless they're miserable

I have been known to "snicker" when in the same room with "a" ex and their new victim.
They always end up leaving in a hurry
 CountrySugar
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:37:47 AM
My ex husband I was happy for .. we are still close and I hope all the best for him and his current wife..

My ex bf on the other hand made me miserable for 3 long years..I wasn't so nice, a bit sarcastic when I seen him with another woman..she was slobbering drunk, her clothes were dirty, and she looked as if she just crawled out of bed..I walked up smiled and said you stepped down alot huh? well she's more your type then I was..

not nice I know..but but but he was so meannnnnnnnnnnn....lol
 lone56wolf
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:41:08 AM
I'd feel my gut tie itself in knots. There's still some feelings ... but there's also reasons she's an ex. Though I'll love her forever, I cant trust her. I'll hope she's as happy as she looks ... but I know she never will be. This guy with her? I wish him the best ... and for her sake, I hope he's not a hitter because she'll never change.

Steve
 Tamlynn
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:43:34 AM
Doesn't bother me one bit. He was cheating with her (a longtime friend of mine btw) before we split up and they married 4 days after the divorce. They both did me a favor in the long run and I am a happier person for it.
 Carol27
Msg: 24
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:46:47 AM
Oh believe me, if I had the choice, I would NEVER be around my ex-husband...however, we have children together, so it is kind of a necessity. I have had to deal with him a lot less since I put a 365 day restraining order on him. Now he is too scared to say much of anything to me.
 bikebowman
Msg: 25
view profile
History
Posted: 3/6/2006 9:48:30 AM
It bothered me ealy on, when we were seperated and I saw them because I was in total denial. Plus I thought it was wrong to see someone when in all actuallity your still married.
Now I just want everybody to be happy..so ya...its tough...but what isn't?
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Seeing your ex with someone new