Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Apple Cider Vinegar?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Billion2One
Msg: 1
Apple Cider Vinegar?Page 1 of 2    (1, 2)
This may have been touched upon before, but I am just curious as to whether or not anyone knows if apple cider vinegar is worth taking? I have already researched it online, so I was just wanting to know if anyone here has taken it and if it helped them at all.

Thanks a bunch!!
 pooh bear22
Msg: 2
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/6/2006 8:01:06 PM
Well my grandma and mother told me to take it and it taste like shit but boy it works...acide burns fat but to much is not good to..
 Theyes_Hvit65
Msg: 3
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:22:26 PM
I don't drink it but I use it as a detangling rinse in my hair:

Bragg Raw Unfiltered Organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother.

HTH.
 catwoman0820
Msg: 4
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:29:26 PM
Anyone ever take conjugated linoleic acid? I've been taking it and it seems to do nothing.... maybe it happens over time or I'm not taking enough. Any pointers would be really helpful. Thanks!
 Babylonia
Msg: 5
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/7/2006 3:34:57 PM
Great for use as a natural astringent for oily skin and acne. Just your old fashioned apple cider vinegar, likely .99 cents at your local market. It is also supposed to help with detox. Never tried that, though.

Another thing that works amazing is the Omega 3-6-9 for the skin.
 Dovescry
Msg: 6
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/7/2006 5:36:10 PM
I use it on my hair as a rinse. I've never ingested it.
 hidden treasure
Msg: 7
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/7/2006 8:35:22 PM
Anyone with acid reflux knows about apple cider vinegar. One tablespoon at the onset of a acid reflux attack and presto no acid reflux. Me and my ex swear by it. We through away are prescription pills and haven't taken them in a couple of years. IF you take a tablspoon of applecider vinegar in the morning and at you nighttime meal. You won't even have acid reflux again.
 hidden treasure
Msg: 8
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/7/2006 8:35:44 PM
Anyone with acid reflux knows about apple cider vinegar. One tablespoon at the onset of a acid reflux attack and presto no acid reflux. Me and my ex swear by it. We through away are prescription pills and haven't taken them in a couple of years. IF you take a tablspoon of applecider vinegar in the morning and at you nighttime meal. You won't even have acid reflux again.
 Babylonia
Msg: 9
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/8/2006 4:26:07 AM
It neutralizes the acid in your stomach. Hmmm...makes sense!
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/8/2006 5:07:01 AM

Great for use as a natural astringent for oily skin and acne. Just your old fashioned apple cider vinegar, likely .99 cents at your local market. It is also supposed to help with detox. Never tried that, though.

How would someone use it? As a wash, rinse or? My X's daughters have oily skin and they have tried allot of things to no avail....
THANKS in advance

I am going to try it for the acid reflux...
I have cooked with it and use it instead of 1/2 the water in stew, if you do add 1/2 cup brown sugar too... NUMMY
 Babylonia
Msg: 11
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:00:43 AM
ATr,

Tell your daughters to use it like they would an astringent. They take a little from the bottle, put it on a cotton ball, and rub on your face.

Also, if they have oily skin, please note that topical agents may not cure the problem totally as it may be systemic and related to hormones. The best thing to do is to get a medical opinion. If it is hormonal, certain birth control pills will help control their acne, as this is what I had to do to save myself from scarring (this happening AFTER my teenage years which were blessed with porcelain skin).

The important thing to remember is for them not to get all caught up on putting products on their face, as it could actually exacerbate the problem for them. Get them to a DERMATOLOGIST, the doctor will try to give them some antibiotic topicals such as clindomycin or a tetracycline that they put on their skin. If that does not help, then it would be time to enquire about birth control. It controls the androgens that cause an increased production in sebum, thus clogging their pores and leading to various levels of acne - some of which can permanently scar.

Give it 3 months for the birth control to regulate their hormones, and add this to their regimen of cleansing, which I will give you a sample below. If there is no improvement, then it is time to see an ENDOCRINOLOGIST, and stuff what your family doctor says, as prolonged acne that is not lessened by a two-pronged approach such as hormonal and topical medications can be a sign of PCOS or another hormonal problem that relates to the endocrine system. It is precicely because of my family doctor that I had to suffer for longer than necessary before I got to the root of my problem, and it greatly affected my self esteem.

ATR, I have dealt with this for the last couple of years, on and off, and only when I told my family doctor to shove it and DEMANDED to see an endocrinologist lest my good skin be pock-marked did I see an improvement. I have bought EVERYTHING under the sun, nothing topical stopped the acne, and it was hard to deal with.

So, I would recommend you get your daughters, or tell them to get the following products:

Proactive - this I highly recommend, but not good for removing eye makeup
Non-oil-based eye make-up remover

With the pro-active, they have a choice on what to include in their package. It is great for teens, and I use it as well. One thing that I highly recommend is the sulpher mask...it clears the skin up something fierce.

OR

Cetaphil gentle face cleanser - this stuff was recommended to me by my dermatologist and it sits in my bathroom as I type

Cetaphil Moisturizer - again, recommended and used

Clearasil spot concealor - yeah, I'm still using it, and it works

I have all these products at home. They are non-abrasive save for the proactive cleanser, so that is why I also have the Cetaphil.

If you need any further advice, just email me.
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/8/2006 10:15:15 AM
I'l have to call them and see what they are doing...
I was thinking about proactive but I suspect, knowing them and their mom, that they have been abusing thier skin by using too many products and not following through...
I'll see what they tell me they have always been honest to date ...
THANKS
 virgogidget
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/9/2006 5:09:05 AM
its very good for u. i hate the taste yuk lol have it with honey and warm water u dont need a whole glass. taken once a day is the way lol just like the apple
 hidden treasure
Msg: 14
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:06:29 AM
No babylonia, it doesn't neutralize the acid in the stomach. Many people think acid reflux is because you have too much acid in the stomach. So when they get it the first thing they want to do is pop antacids to neutralize the acid. For acid reflux sufferers , antacids are about useless. What the problem with acid reflux is that there is not enough acid in the stomach, when you add the applecider vinegar (its a form of acid) you feel great afterwards. It may taste nasty, but i wouldn't use anything again.Nothing gets rid of the pain or burn faster and believe me I have every prescription and over counter drug on the market.
 eddie0221
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:15:40 AM
hidden treasure you are intelectually challenged. I re-posted my post in "off topic" read it again to see what i'm talking about....loser!
 hidden treasure
Msg: 16
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:41:29 AM
First of all eddie you need spell right. second if you don't want our opinions here you shouldn't post it. in Off topic " He writes what do you think of this letter" Read it for yourself folks. Sounds like he's a selfish loser. and is not flaming me in other posts.Read between the lines the bad parts and you will know what I mean. He is not work my time.
 eddie0221
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/12/2006 10:43:24 AM
umm, excuse me? well if you read the context of the letter, I wrote it. It's from a man to a woman. LOL
 Showmearound
Msg: 18
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/12/2006 4:22:16 PM
i think the letter is fine!!
 eddie0221
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/13/2006 3:59:24 PM

We through away are prescription pills

um, what was that about my spelling??
 oneye
Msg: 20
view profile
History
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:20:59 PM
yes. theirs a certain way that you have to mix it for the benifits to actually work.
first you mix up only enough for one dose,so it doesnt lose its value.
it good for arthirtis,losing weight,lowers cholesterol,,and many other things all good.

1 tablespoon apple cider vienergar
1 tablespoon of lemonjuice
1 tablespoon of honey
1/4 cup water
mix very well honey can be microwaved then added. stir in,drink straight down,preferable after your biggest meal of the day. can be taken twice a day no more..

hope this helps i use it often .later
 atrkyhntr™
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/14/2006 2:42:10 AM
I think it may make it easier to swallow
 shoulderlegs
Msg: 22
view profile
History
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:00:18 PM
Well, a friend of mine who has acid reflux said he swears by lemon juice.... Saturday night, I squeezed a whole lemon and drank the juice, and it damn near tore my stomach to shreds!
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 23
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/20/2006 5:13:59 PM
I know many who have and are doing that apple cider vinegar diet.
Some I know who were on it for years died of heart attacks
and some are still alive and kicking at 90 plus years old.

I dont know if it does anything... but it sure tastes bad
 zeshil
Msg: 24
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:40:10 AM
IT'S VINEGAR HOW MUCH DO YOU CONSUME TO WORRY ABOT CALORIES
 NOMSKY
Msg: 25
Apple Cider Vinegar?
Posted: 3/26/2006 12:59:49 PM
Apple Cider Vinegar has many properties ....bodybuilders used to swear by it,take a capful before you eat...it helps digest your protiens.
Show ALL Forums  > Health Wellness  > Apple Cider Vinegar?