Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > No Games? Bullshit.      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 yelp
Msg: 1
No Games? Bullshit.Page 1 of 7    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7)
For the fourth time in two months, I've met a woman over the Internet. We've exchanged some emails, chatted a few times on MSN, and made plans to meet for a coffee or a drink. The day before (or of) our date, she bails on me with some excuse about being busy with work or not feeling well, and says "let me know if you still want to meet sometime!"

Being the optimist that I am, I reply "No problem, I understand. Sure I'd still like to meet. How about next week?" Then I hear nothing.

Contrast this with the number of women who put "no games" on their profile or their Craig's List ad.

Any one or two incidents and I would believe I'm just unlucky. but with the number of times this has happened recently (and over the last year), I'm starting to wonder if I missed a memo.

I'm sick of having my time wasted like this. Women, if you're not interested in someone, don't make them think you are!
 KrazyTrk
Msg: 2
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/10/2006 9:17:26 PM
it's recently happened to me too....I think its mainly because they could be talking to several guys, possibly one they're really interested in and we sort of get pushed aside along the way at times.....but it comes with the whole net thing man.....I don't take it seriously at all anymore.....I don't even ask to meet, if they want they can ask me, call me, and you shouldnt take it personally or seriously either. It could be many things but....none of it should be taken seriously I think.
 bristle
Msg: 3
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/10/2006 9:21:30 PM
Yes the secret is out. They are not really lying to you but they are pursing more than one option. One thing I learned about Internet sex is you have to be fairly pushy and fast. In the past I have had that happen to me and in a couple of cases I have beat out other guys.

And you know when the other deal falls through - she will be back on IM or the phone saying "hi". Actually she will just hang out in IM waiting for someone to contact her.

I use a simple test. I let her initiate once I have her warmed up. It is surprising how much time this saves.

As for "not asking to meet", just remember when you are not doing that, six other guys are.
 KrazyTrk
Msg: 4
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/10/2006 9:30:19 PM
of course 6 other guys are, maybe 60 other guys......but see, do you want to be just like the 60 other guys and persue her in hopes of getting to meet up? I say fak that...if they're interested in you and intelligent enough to not feed off the 60 guys fake compliments then they'll give u hints to meet up.....otherwise who cares...no reason why anyone should play into the games they apparently aren't playing. these Internet dating sites are a very dangerous weapon towards women...especially the younger attractive ones.....all the attention they get from guys make them believe their supermodels.....it's kind of funny. They sort of tend to lose their grip on reality, and walk around with an aura of unbelievable conceit most times, so the nicer more genuine guys tend to get lost in the mix of dogs.
 fishdude1973
Msg: 5
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/10/2006 9:43:31 PM
... Yes the secret is out. They are not really lying to you but they are pursing more than one option. One thing I learned about Internet sex is you have to be fairly pushy and fast. In the past I have had that happen to me and in a couple of cases I have beat out other guys ...

There is some truth to what Bristle says. There's a bit of irony on how to play the cyberdating game when you compare it to what most girls want. It's a dog-eat-dog cyber-world. And while girls want a gentleman, they tend to go for the agreesive dude first and foremost.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 6
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:00:54 PM
you are all playing games ^
BS to get sex games..... very sickening but you will get
what you deserve. Sure won't be anyone or anything good
to come out of your nonsense
Guys like you are why the decent women stop meeting guys
from online sites.
 KrazyTrk
Msg: 7
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:06:00 PM
^^ i don't look for sex on these sites..........and i dont play any stupid games either....I was just telling the op to care less and not take things seriously.
 waveguide
Msg: 8
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:26:36 PM
Integrity will always be a rare item in human nature; just take a look at our so called leaders in politics and business. It is Dog eat Dog. The ego dominates in most of us, and thus we all are blinded by that poison. Honesty and honor are rare, even more so in cyberspace. If you are truly a 'good man', do not expect to find love in the abyss of undifferentiated nothingness of cyber dating. Now if your looking to have sex, that will be an easy find, just 'play' that 'game', by its own rules and you will find your match.
 justanormalguy68
Msg: 9
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/10/2006 11:34:43 PM

you are all playing games ^
BS to get sex games..... very sickening but you will get
what you deserve. Sure won't be anyone or anything good
to come out of your nonsense
Guys like you are why the decent women stop meeting guys
from online sites.

Surprise, surprise...

Took about a nanosecond for POF's resident man-hater to chime in.

Yup, men are all bad. Women are all innocent.

Get a life.

Intercooler
Msg: 10
view profile
History
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/11/2006 7:39:11 PM

Surprise, surprise...

Took about a nanosecond for POF's resident man-hater to chime in.

Yup, men are all bad. Women are all innocent.

Get a life.

Heh...I woulda said it if you hadn't.....
 Lux_Interior
Msg: 11
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/11/2006 8:46:39 PM
If these last few women you've encountered are playing games with you, consider yourself lucky that you haven't heard from them again.

Forget about the losers and go about your business.

FYI, letting it get to you just wastes MORE time.
 donut21222
Msg: 12
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 2:32:03 AM
Its not just happening to the men believe me, it happens to the women to.
 SMILINGSAG
Msg: 13
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 3:59:00 AM
I would like to speak on behalf of the women out there that are not like the ones you have been meeting; the ones that are honest and genuine and are searching for something commitment and want to get off this site into the real world.

If I have taken the time to get to know you through email, chatting, and telephone conversations and I say that I am going to meet you........then I WILL MEET YOU. I have never ever stood up a date because that is just plain wrong. It's called games and yes there are some of both sexes that do play them on here and it is unfortunate but I believe there are many signs that will tell you if you are high on their priority LIST and you should be able to spot them. It just called learning to be aware of them...........
 ronjo58
Msg: 14
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:19:29 AM
I have been in the dating sites for a while now and it has been my experience that women put up photos that are not a true representation of who they really are. I know of one poor guy that went to meet his love from the internet, expecting to be engaged to be married. It turns out his sweetheart had put up a picture of her daughter. The Lady informed him that he should not be so shallow and remember that it was their personalities that clicked. The guy had spent a great deal of money for the meeting, which he had flown across country to do. It is nice that you are nice. But if it isn't you that the photo represents,ie an old photo or someone elses, then it isn't honest and honesty reflects character. If someone plays games like this, be happy they didn't meet you. They are not worth the effort.
 ronjo58
Msg: 15
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:20:49 AM
Allow me to say that I didn't mean all women.There are some honest ones out there.
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 16
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 9:24:18 AM
no honest woman half a guys age is going to mess with someone
old enough to be her dad.
Why would a guy think ???? that someone 40 is going to look 20?
and why would he want someone who looks 20?
These older guys play games... pretend they are so financially stable and
go hunting for dummy women...
basically your average slut... why? who knows? maybe the guys have weak egos...
or some form of desperation, eh?

crazy
no wonder one in four people have STD's
 sexymuma1
Msg: 17
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:34:00 PM
Well I don't know what the heck is up....I think it's rude for sure, but not entirely sure it's a game either. Maybe they just have cold feet??
I wouldn't personally do it....I have had it done to me though. I just move along and not let it bother me.

I'll meet ya!!!! And I'll show up!!!

Good Luck Sweetie!!

Jackie
Victoria, BC
 NotIntoGames
Msg: 18
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:34:13 PM
Glad to hear that im not the only one that this has happend to. Its everywhere these days , and the internet thing is a farce!! Like, come on, Unless your in an accredited pay date site then games are going to happen more than not!! We have to just play the game and if you cant do that then there is no reason for anyone to be here. I found out a long time ago that internet dating does not work no matter what anyone says , and we had to start to do things the old fasion way.
 Lux_Interior
Msg: 19
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:40:58 PM

I know of one poor guy that went to meet his love from the internet

There's problem numero uno... thinking you're meeting 'your love'.

Yeah, sure... it sucks when people lie to you, but surely you're all wise enough to know by now that so many on the internet lie. This CAN'T be new to any of you. Even if you haven't been online long, you must read the papers or watch the news. Don't make it so easy for the liars. Don't go all "how dare you" on me either because I know that there are so many people on this site so keen to meet someone that they let little things slide.. ESPECIALLY when there's online chemistry happening.

You think "oh they're so cool"... and they probably are, except for the lying thing. Demand backup for things like pictures. Follow your gut... and I mean your ACTUAL gut and not the "oh they're so cool" thinking part of your gut. If you have a nagging feeling they're still lying to you, be it about their photos or whether or not they really want to meet people/you... then believe it. We get gut feelings for a reason.

Why are you all acting so shocked?
 sexymuma1
Msg: 20
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/12/2006 12:45:18 PM
Wow, you are one cranky man hating biatch!!! Get a life, I think you have nothing better to do with your time than post complaints about your lame experiences, and judging by all the responses you get.....not so positive!!

HERE IS ANOTHER ONE OF RANGAL'S COMPLAINTS.....

oh?

men are sometimes insecure if a woman makes more money.....

how does a man react when this is someone real.....
a actually grounded, actually attractive, actually independent woman is
there.... and she makes as much as him or more and doesnt even work to do it.

?

can most men deal with this and treat her normally?

or does insecurity come into play with the man?

YOU HAVE MORE ISSUES THAN ANYONE EVEN CARES TO COMMENT ON...take a look at how people respond to you on here and figure it out for yourself....your ugly!!!

?
 sick of drama!
Msg: 21
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/13/2006 10:50:34 PM
99.7% of the women on here play games or dont know what they want in life. it is so sickening. it ruins the whole dating experience. at age 31 i have yet to meet a woman that doesnt play games or knows what she wants. thats pretty sad.
 TheTallGuy
Msg: 22
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:10:37 PM
I had to chime in on this one, because this is the biggest burn I get from this site. I see at least a hundred profiles with "No superficial men, no mind games, no lying" blah, blah.

But it's alright if they have those very traits.

It's not too much to ask for a woman to be upfront and honest.

I just like how i'm the best guy ever until we meet, and then i get the lets be friends speech. Kinda makes a guy feel ugly.

Ah well. I've gotten pretty bitter about it over the years. what can I say.

Maybe it's bad dating karma, perhaps i should plain face lie to people to "let them down easy"

And i'm not looking to go out and screw a girl, that's something I can find at a bar. So it's not that i'm a bad person. I was a nice guy before all these crazy women tore chunks out of my soul.
 Lux_Interior
Msg: 23
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:12:00 PM
I can pick out the "will be single a long long LONG time" men quite easily. Weird, huh?
 Lady Laugh
Msg: 24
view profile
History
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/13/2006 11:26:48 PM
Wow... there are good apples and bad apples.The trick is to be patient enough to weed out the bad ones and hopefully you will find the good ones. Being bitter and giving up only assures that you won't be eating any apples.....
 TheTallGuy
Msg: 25
No Games? Bullshit.
Posted: 3/14/2006 12:11:59 AM
lux_interior:
"I can pick out the "will be single a long long LONG time" men quite easily. Weird, huh?"

That's really tasteful, I hope that makes you feel big...I know that nothing makes me feel grand like pointing out the shortcomings in others. After reading that, I think it's more plausible that people read what you have to say and decide to let you down with the "Um, i'm going to be single a long long time" routine. Lord knows I would.

As for not tasting the apples.. Feh, I can't control how bitter I am, right now, this is who I am, and if it's a problem, the girl can move on. If I were to hide this part to attract women, i would be no better then the girls I've ranted about.

Say what you will, at least the girl knows what she's getting into, which is a lot more decency then i've ever been provided, at least thus far.
Show ALL Forums  > Dating Experiences  > No Games? Bullshit.