Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you sign a prenuptial agreement?      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 Cyrix
Msg: 1
Would you sign a prenuptial agreement?Page 1 of 33    (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33)
So from doing a divorce rate query post recently, I wondered, do prenuptial agreements predisposition the marriage into a possible divorce? Call me old fashioned, but I believe marriage should last an eternity, and I could never marry if I hadn't felt the purest of love. If I was going to get married, I would never sign a prenuptial agreement. Perhaps some might say I'm blinded by my emotions, but what kind of love is it if your materialistic objects and finances are streaming through your head before you've even begun you've journey?

Opinions?
 PayAsYouGo-Casper
Msg: 2
Would you sign a prenuptial agreement?
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:43:45 AM
I wont live with a partner long enough for them to have the same rights as wife who could walk away with have your stuff.
theres no way i get married without someone signing one..we can love each other now but in the real world that can end.
 brad77hayes
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:47:33 AM
Only if I wrote it LMAO
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 4
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:50:36 AM
I seriously don't think I'll be getting married. If having to sign a prenup is a requirement, I know I won't be getting married. It's insulting as can be because it says that he believes "money talks" when it comes to me. If that's what he thinks of me, I'm not the girl for him.

Hearts are bound by love, not contracts.
 Winter Sparkle
Msg: 5
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:51:34 AM
Most definately!
 brad77hayes
Msg: 6
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:51:52 AM
Hey I dont blame anyone for wanting a prenup-just get screwed once by a woman u think loves u and its very hard to have that trust again
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 7
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:52:43 AM
Hearts are bound by love, not contracts

If you loved him then you would sign it......

anyways..

Yes I would... I would sign one......
 Aurorasdream
Msg: 8
Posted: 3/18/2006 11:57:48 AM
Absolutely! It's ashame that society is what it is these days but with the divorce ratio being what it is I think it's a smart move. And, every prenup can be tailored fairly but you just never know....better to be safe than sorry. I agree that it's sad that people have to think in terms like that when marriage is to me a journey of love and not finances...but it's a different world we live in today and you have to be careful...people change over time.
 Minit
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:02:02 PM
Never, if somebody thinks that little of me and thinks that they need to protect themself from me, they shouldn't be marrying me in the first place because they obviously don't know me at all. Immaterial though cause not planning to get married again anyway.
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 10
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:03:08 PM
If you loved him then you would sign it......

But it shouldn't take signing it to prove my love. Or my integrity, value, and character.

Listen, I'm a woman that routinely walks away with nothing. I did so in my marriage, and in my last long term relationship. I take my own belongings, my kids and me. Anyone that knows me well enough to marry me would know that. And that's my point. Knowing me would prevent the need for my having to "prove my love".
Shouldn't be getting married of you don't know the person well enough to marry them.
 the horned one
Msg: 11
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:03:32 PM
msg 8 sounds more like a BUSINESS! TRANSACTION! to me. when does love come in to the EQUATION!
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 12
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:04:12 PM
Absolutely! It's ashame that society is what it is these days but with the divorce ratio being what it is I think it's a smart move. And, every prenup can be tailored fairly but you just never know....better to be safe than sorry. I agree that it's sad that people have to think in terms like that when marriage is to me a journey of love and not finances...but it's a different world we live in today and you have to be careful...people change over time.

Yes...Why give all the Money to the Laywers,when it comes down to a divorce...sit down make a Plan together if Your getting married

But it shouldn't take signing it to prove my love.

Actions speak louder than words...
 Gryff63
Msg: 13
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:04:45 PM
Hearts are bound by love, not contracts.

AS it should be, but when it comes to separation/divorce, all that love seems to be tossed aside and can get ugly.
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 14
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:07:23 PM
msg 8 sounds more like a BUSINESS! TRANSACTION! to me. when does love come in to the EQUATION

Marrige is a contract............. think about it.....

gryf-

AS it should be, but when it comes to separation/divorce, all that love seems to be tossed aside and can get ugly.

True...If that was the case to begin with,, there would be no divorces....

Funny_Girl
Msg: 15
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:09:04 PM

Oh, I can assure you that I know all about that. And that's precisely why I walk away with nothing. It's just not worth it. There aren't any possessions that mean that much to me.

If it came down to it, and I could have things my way, I'd want nothing in joint names. That would remove all the potential for problems.
 thai_paradise
Msg: 16
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:10:45 PM
I'll let my lawyer get back to you on this
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 17
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:11:16 PM

Oh, I can assure you that I know all about that. And that's precisely why I walk away with nothing. It's just not worth it. There aren't any possessions that mean that much to me.

If it came down to my having things my way, I'd want nothing in joint names. That would remove all the potential for problems.

Then in that case I would see a Pre-nup working for You..sit down work it all out

move and and be happy in life....
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 18
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:14:06 PM

Then in that case I would see a Pre-nup working for You..sit down work it all out

move and and be happy in life....

Here we go again!

I'm lost. If nothing of his is in MY name, what does he have to protect? What need is there for a prenup?
 sweetebony
Msg: 19
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:16:58 PM
To protect my property or his?
 Fran_Gal
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:17:43 PM
msg 18
some people has assets..... thats why
and they want to protect them
 TheGlimmerMan
Msg: 21
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:18:08 PM
I'm lost. If nothing of his is in MY name, what does he have to protect? What need is there for a prenup?

Peace of Mind...at least for Him on His part.....And if nothing is in Your name even more so of a reason to sign it......who knows how you will feel from a year from now...1 yrs 2yrs...10yrs...you may end up disliking him so much you will wanna take his last penny...

To protect my property or his?

Both...equal rights pre-nup ,you both know what you walk away with if it comes to that..
 FantasyFlavor
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:18:36 PM
Yes I would.I think it's a good idea for both parties.
I let me ex walk away with everything while I regained
my life back.He came into it with nothing & left much
richer.I would be the one to initiate a pre-nup.Get me
once,shame on you...get me twice...shame on me!.....
 kjagain
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:22:33 PM
Yes I would.

After everything I "gave away" to my ex in our separation agreement (soon to be stamped - divorced), I TOTALLY agree in pre-nups. But I don't plan on marrying again anytime soon.

All a prenup agrees on is that what you had PRIOR to the relationship, stays with you. Not what you build TOGETHER. What's wrong with that? And I'd like to think everyone marries with the intention of it lasting "forever", but you cannot control someone else's actions.
 Funny_Girl
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:26:01 PM
But how can I take what isn't mine, and isn't in my own name? Doesn't matter, I just don't have that kind of fight left in me anymore.
I disliked my last two ex's in a huge way and I didn't take their "last penny".

Maybe I'm just more of a weirdo than I thought. Money doesn't make me feel any better if I've been hurt or done seriously wrong. It's something that comes and goes, and cannot comfort that kind of pain.

My answer stands.
 angelab
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/18/2006 12:31:08 PM
Nope.

I think the suggestion would be an insult to my character... "Since you're one of those nasty, gold digging wenches sign this so you won't take me for everything I have if you decide to leave me." I guess I'm weird too, but if I was married and my husband was cheating on me or something and I left him I wouldn't ask for a dime. It's just not worth it.
Show ALL Forums  > Relationships  > Would you sign a prenuptial agreement?