Plentyoffish dating forums are a place to meet singles and get dating advice or share dating experiences etc. Hopefully you will all have fun meeting singles and try out this online dating thing... Remember that we are the largest free online dating service, so you will never have to pay a dime to meet your soulmate.

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Existance of Jesus PROPHESIED in HINDU SCRIPTURES 3000 years before h      Home login  
 AUTHOR
 TheRandomGuy
Msg: 1
Existance of Jesus PROPHESIED in HINDU SCRIPTURES 3000 years before his birthPage 1 of 3    (1, 2, 3)
In the Bhavisiya Purana which means "Future Happenings", the existance of of Jesus is prophesied 3000 years before his birth.

www.salagram.net/Jesus-Went-To-India.htm#Vedic

By the way, based on scriptures written, it is a proven fact that Jesus has travelled to the east, twice to INDIA (between the missing years not mentioned in the Gospels).

Also You guys might want to check out the book "Jesus Lived in India" by German author Holger Kersten, a brilliant authoritative book giving evidence of Christs life in India.
 Robertj64
Msg: 2
Existance of Jesus PROPHESIED in HINDU SCRIPTURES 3000 years before his birth
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:38:49 PM
Hi
I will read and try an keep an open mind but to be polite...we are having a hard enough time documenting that Jesus actually existed and lived in Palestine let alone that he upped and travelled to India.
If he is supposed to have been a poor carpenter how would he have afforded to get to India?? Another interesting question - Who would he have spoken too??

....(rolls eyes) and the romantic speculation goes on...

I would like to contribute one myself....

Jesus actually travelled to the south pole.....Yes the south pole....He insisted that Satan lived there and was surprised by the frigid winter conditions. Luckily, Dad had a copter that took him out of there but if you go to that pole today and dig 2000 meters of ice (one for every year) you will find a handwritten note in Aramaic saying " Satan, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU????

Peace
Robert
 TheRandomGuy
Msg: 3
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:44:30 PM
Hi Robertj64

Thanks for replying. I think the book "Jesus Lived in India" by Holger Kersten will answer all the how's and who's and any other question people have regarding Jesus's existence and his travel to the east in a complete package.

The book is available from amazon.com, and I think many devout Christians/people interested in religion will find this book very interesting.
 Robertj64
Msg: 4
Posted: 3/21/2006 1:52:54 PM
Hey no problem
One last question - Is Holger giving you a cut of the commissions on his book?
Just curious
Take care
Robert
 seriouslyfunnylady
Msg: 5
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 6:48:09 PM
http://forums.plentyoffish.com/datingPosts1802835.aspx

Here is a link to a 12 page thread about the same thing. In the thread there is a site that I quoted from that has a lot of information for anyone that is interested.
 Rug Doctor
Msg: 6
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 8:24:53 PM
funny how they believe he walked on water, but couldn't possibly have taken a trip to India.
hahahahahaha
 RDtoo
Msg: 7
view profile
History
Posted: 3/21/2006 9:17:53 PM
I would believe Roberts South Pole story before I believed that Jesus went to India.
 Rug Doctor
Msg: 8
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:31:42 AM
why is it so hard to believe, for a believer?
 nergal
Msg: 9
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:05:15 AM
Its true .. many penguins converted to christianity on seeing him ... but unfortunately the Orca got them .. thus preventing the rise of a truly penguinocentric religion ...

And I have been known to occasionally use Jesus' name in Indian restaurants .. especially when the curry is too hot !!!!
 Robertj64
Msg: 10
Posted: 3/22/2006 8:10:36 AM
I heard that if you mention "Jesus" in the Indian restaurant you can get a 10% discount. It totally depends how you mention his name though. A shouted "Jesus Christ!" might find you out of the restaurant and on your ass on the pavement.
Do use a gentler tone like - "Jesus went to Goa and that is why most Goans are Christians these days." Note - make sure owners are not Hindu.
 RDtoo
Msg: 11
view profile
History
Posted: 3/22/2006 11:33:13 PM
MDC, you ask a good question. I am something of a sceptic. I have wrestled with doubts for most of my Christian life. Believing does not come easy to me, but I have seen enough to confirm that I am travelling in the right direction. As for Jesus' "missing years", it has never been a problem for me. He apprenticed as a Carpenter for many years. This answer seems to be too obvious for some to accept.
 MonkeyC
Msg: 12
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 2:57:28 AM
Considering that there are some devout Indian and Pakistani Muslims today who will *walk* to Mecca, Jesus in India would have been easily within the realms of possibility. Its only 2-3000 km, similar to the distance between the East and West Coasts of the USA. And if you're were a highly regarded holy man, you would have received plenty of support on your journeys.

I'm not saying that Jesus *did* go to India, but he sure *could* have.
 statueman
Msg: 13
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 3:52:34 AM
you know... I don't know... but two things stand out to me in the scriptures and that is even after his death Jesus appears to many 1 and that these three sage-kings from the east come looking for him when he is born 2.

people that please God and or seek truth with an honest and good heart usually get rewarded for their efforts. it was that way back then. it's that way now.

some folks get to prophesy, other folks get to see those prophesies fulfilled and still yet others get to be the fulfillment of those prophesies.

the only thing that bothers me about a Hindu prophesy of Jesus is the percieved validation this would give the Hindu religion.
 Rug Doctor
Msg: 14
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:02:25 AM
Statueman, this is indeed the trouble Christians have, I would say.
Refusal to concede anything if it gives credence to something other than their beliefs.
This is good for the faith, but bad for the chances of others taking them seriously.
whether it is this subject, evolution, or any subject, it gives the appearance of being foolish.

As you know, the number of christians accepting evolution as an ongoing fact, is quite high today, but a hundred years ago it was like heresy.
This shows that gradually, new generations dispose of old belief, while still trying to uphold the faith. Now they usually only stick at the point of one kind of flesh becoming a different kind.
Very different than a hundred years ago.
 PEPPER*MINTY
Msg: 15
Posted: 3/23/2006 6:53:54 AM
Aaahhh..the power of teleportation..affordable, convenient, fda approved..
 MonkeyC
Msg: 16
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 8:58:24 AM
"the only thing that bothers me about a Hindu prophesy of Jesus is the percieved validation this would give the Hindu religion."

That's why I have no time for exclusivist Christianity - it encourages an ingorant, blinkered view of the world. God is big enough for all of us.
 statueman
Msg: 17
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 9:17:01 AM
i'm sorry, i used to be a liberal theological type... grew up a democrate ... but then mr gorbachev tore down the wall, i kept getting pay raises in the army from bush #1 and then the democrats tried to liken being gay to being black and then abortion on demand and then and then

well sue me!

I don't believe in Karma or reincarnation or a whole bunch of beliefs that are counter to the Scriptures so I cannot go as far as to say that the hindu religion is valid teaching about God as I can the words of Jesus Christ.

did the hindu prophecy about Jesus contain all the key elements of the Gospels?

I'm not trying to offend anybody but there is just no end to the questions and criticizms of Christianity and disciples of Christ in this religious forum.

and why is it i never see you guys complaining when my beliefs are subtly or openly attacked?
 TheRandomGuy
Msg: 18
Posted: 3/23/2006 11:33:22 AM
Well statueman just because you BELIEVE in the words of Jesus, why does it make Hinduism less valid teaching about God? What makes you so sure the words of Jesus are 100% valid? The problem is, you don't know, but you BELIEVE in Jesus's words.

As for your question, the hindu scripture book "Bhavhisya Purana" describes Jesus as "Isha Putra" Isha = God, Putra = Son. The book describes his skin tone as of golden complexion, and his nature very gentle. He says that he is from the land of Israel, and the Holy Father has sent him for a specific mission. It's all written in the scripture, you can see the original text and the translation on the website I posted in the first message.

I would also like to add that as a follower of Sanatan Dharam, I see all faiths as one. I believe Jesus is an incarnation of God, Mohammed was a great prophet, & Krishna was God himself in the form of a human being.

Here is a great quote by Swami Vivekananda who says this regarding the various religions in the world "Like the rivers going in various directions, some crooked and some straight, they all lead up to one source, which is the ocean"
 seriouslyfunnylady
Msg: 19
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 11:36:22 AM

By the way, based on scriptures written, it is a proven fact that Jesus has travelled to the east, twice to INDIA (between the missing years not mentioned in the Gospels).

I'm curious, what scriptures prove this fact?
 TheRandomGuy
Msg: 20
Posted: 3/23/2006 11:44:06 AM
The scripture "Bhavisya Purana" written around 3100 BCE, states there would be a being named Jesus who would come to the east.

In Holger's book "Jesus Lived in India Twice", he talks about Jesus's life in India between the missing years in the gospels, and after his crucifixtion.
 seriouslyfunnylady
Msg: 21
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 2:36:54 PM
In the following article I found this information that you might find interesting in regards to what you are saying is scripture.

Jesus in the Vedas
by: Swami B.V. Giri

A recent flurry of articles and website postings have been made to indicate that the fable of Jesus is mentioned in the Vedas [Bhavisya Purana]. Many Vaisnavas have been enthused [confused] by these Vedic findings, confirming Jesus as a messenger of God [Krsna] and a pure devotee. However, a closer look at the prediction of Jesus found in the Bhavisya Purana strongly suggests foul play or interpolation on the part of Christian Missionaries in India during the late 18th century.

And in another paragraph:

the fact that no edition of the Bhavisya Purana can be found prior to the British period in India, we can only deduce that the Bhavisya Purana was tampered with by the Christian missionaries who added the chapter on Jesus. Their motive is obvious - to make the personality of Jesus acceptable to the Hindus, in order to convert them to Christianity.

Source:http://www.gosai.com/krishna-talk/58-jesus-in-the-vedas.html
 Robertj64
Msg: 22
Posted: 3/23/2006 2:43:44 PM
Wow...You have to admit this much - Christian scribes,messengers and missionaries are consistent if not anything else. Not only did they interpolate Josephus in the first century, in the eighteenth century they are still at it.
 TheRandomGuy
Msg: 23
Posted: 3/23/2006 4:45:12 PM
"In the following article I found this information that you might find interesting in regards to what you are saying is scripture.
Jesus in the Vedas
by: Swami B.V. Giri
A recent flurry of articles and website postings have been made to indicate that the fable of Jesus is mentioned in the Vedas [Bhavisya Purana]. Many Vaisnavas have been enthused [confused] by these Vedic findings, confirming Jesus as a messenger of God [Krsna] and a pure devotee. However, a closer look at the prediction of Jesus found in the Bhavisya Purana strongly suggests foul play or interpolation on the part of Christian Missionaries in India during the late 18th century.
And in another paragraph:
the fact that no edition of the Bhavisya Purana can be found prior to the British period in India, we can only deduce that the Bhavisya Purana was tampered with by the Christian missionaries who added the chapter on Jesus. Their motive is obvious - to make the personality of Jesus acceptable to the Hindus, in order to convert them to Christianity."

That's quite odd, considering India which has 80% of Hindu population would let some Christian missionaries edit the content and input the story of Jesus in one of it's oldest scriptures just for ........???
 statueman
Msg: 24
view profile
History
Posted: 3/23/2006 5:57:07 PM
soup kitchens

that's how i know

i never saw a Hindu soup kitchen in downtown skidrow Los Angeles.

The only religion i ever saw making great attempts to reach out to the least of men are the christians. They even go to hindu countries and do it.

and I'll take a bowl of soup over a book anytime.

so you will come back with that's how they force their religion on people or any number of assorted cliche responses but you cannot point to anything that validates serving the least of man with the exception of maybe Ghandi's teaching which even Martin Luther King espoused.

No, you critisize the Christian because he says there is only One God and refuses to believe in Hari Krishna when you know that we believe that every knee shall bow and every tounge confess that Yeshua the Messiah is Lord.

But our faith has many earthly witnesses to prove it. Proof that has nothing to do with the wars so many claim lay at the feet of the body of Christ.

But get dead broke and try to find a warm bed and a meal and you will find the vast majority of these being offered by Christians.
 lateā„¢
Msg: 25
Posted: 3/23/2006 7:11:21 PM
the only thing that bothers me about a Hindu prophesy of Jesus is the percieved validation this would give the Hindu religion.

= Speaks volumes........

Show ALL Forums  > Religion  > Existance of Jesus PROPHESIED in HINDU SCRIPTURES 3000 years before his birth